• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After re-beating the DS games

After re-beating PH and ST for the second time (first time in about 6 years), I noticed that ST is so much harder than PH. Did anyone else notice this?

I did all of PH with ease, not consulting a walkthrough in the main quest even once. The only time I ever walkthroughed was for some of the Maze Island stuff, but that's optional. Other than this, I did every dungeon with ease. The Temple Of The Ocean King had some annoyances, but otherwise, apart from the terrible controls, one of the easier Zelda games.

ST on the other hand, not only were the controls just as bad (in which I'd fail a lot purely because of the controls), but the puzzles were genuinely much harder. And so were the bosses.

I did Bellum with ease, whereas I struggled with Malladus. And I had to walkthrough several parts of the tower of spirits, especially the last visit. I don't like walkthroughing, but if I'm stuck I'm stuck... I managed to do the sand temple, fire temple, and marine temple all without a walkthrough, but that tower of spirits took me a lot, and I thought that it was 10 times harder than the temple of the ocean king.

Anyone else agree that ST is way harder than PH?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I found PH to be really easy main story line wise, i can easily go through the game with minimum issues (Ocean king temple of course being a pest) but ST man, it seemed like i kept taking a step forward and several more back, the bosses felt trickier and the controls really pissed me off and that flute MAN that flute, who the hell thought the time was ripe for it. I actually enjoyed the toughness of the game but the flute sections just held me up for literal hours.

The Tower of Spirits when compared to Temple of Ocean King feels far harder especially in the middling section of the tower where it's running around in the dark.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I love the story and music in Spirit Tracks, but that flute was annoying mainly cuz I have Asthma so having to blow on the mic for as long as it required some times was no fun.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I love the story and music in Spirit Tracks, but that flute was annoying mainly cuz I have Asthma so having to blow on the mic for as long as it required some times was no fun.

It was the timings that threw me off, i was never sure when exactly i had to blow into the mic to trigger it and when to pause. Took me about a month spread out over a few years to finish ST

Yeah the flute was annoying. Even though I didn't take that much time on the songs, it was still very annoying to control, although a lot of stuff on both games were IMO. I still like the games (especially PH) but they are flawed by the controls.

On another note, the song of awakening sounds like Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
I remember back in 2014 when I first got the ds games and I was stuck on st for hours and had no luck so I had no choice but to search on YouTube how to do it but both of the games were really good and I had a fun time playing it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The flute's really easy with any DS system. The Wii U on the other hand...*shudder*

But yeah, ST can be pretty tricky. I'd say it has the hardest final dungeon--hell the hardest dungeon period in the entire series with the Tower of Spirits final area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom