• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Advice on Frontier issues and 4G laptops?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm in a bad situation. We just signed a 2-year contract with Frontier because they offered a cheaper rate, but their problems are only getting worse. My 3G is slowly becoming my only lifeline to the Internet, and I'm not much of a smartphone person. Both of the major ISPs that used to serve Garland have been replaced with no-name companies that usually serve rural areas. Now only mobile Internet is even remotely reliable.

Are there any good laptops with 4G capability? I'm asking because I can't do the research easily myself right now. I'm thinking we may just have to get a better data plan and add a laptop to our AT&T account so I don't have to rely upon my phone for everything.

It won't be cheap, but given how dependent I am on the Internet, and that our terrestrial broadband infrastructure has been left to rot now that Verizon and Time Warner are gone, I can't think of any better options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom