• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Advice for Hero Mode

So I'm playing Hero Mode, and I'm in the Eldin region right now. The health depleting faster doesn't bother me, since I played through it once I've gotten good at defeating enemies quick. However in the case that I do get hit a couple times by a Bokoblin or Lizalfo, I use my potions. I find this EXTREMELY annoying, since right now I currently have three bottles, with only two available adventure pouch spots. Does anybody have any advice for Hero Mode? Like, potion wise or battle wise? Or just anything will help! LOL!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Defence is literally the best offence abuse shield bashing everythiing is vulnerable also dodging helps and always find the innovotive way to kill quick as in the case of duo lizalfos knock one of them out of the arena (if in fire or sand) or wait for them to attack and shield bash. i've abused that so much no enemy excluding scadera koloktos tentalus the imprisoneds and moldarach are immune to shield bashing also that health potion can be upgraded to health ++ which is so handy its unbelievable.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
defend a lot and use the Skyward Strike, one of those can kill a small group of Bokoblins. if there are loads, charge the strike and do the spin slash, the charged strike beefs it out a bit. it's not as powerful as it is when it's shot out but the spin will have more range than a normal spin slash

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that one of my most essential things was to be really cautious and get adventure pouch slots ASAP. Like said before shield bash is pretty effective. If you get the heart medal that helps tons.

What potion do you prefer to use for health??
If you can, you should use upgraded potions (you should have your bugs transfer over from your previous file, but if you don't have enough, then you'll be able to acquire the full set again once you get to Lanayru Province.) When twice upgraded, Heart Potions heal all your hearts and have two uses. The same is true for the Revitalizing Potions, which fully upgraded will repair your shield, heal all your hearts, AND have two uses (and will be automatically used if your shield breaks, though not if you die.) Ideally, you don't really need much other than a full stock of fully upgraded Revitalization Potions, but depending on how little you fail a Shield Bash or even use your shield, you might really only need one, at that point I recommend fully-upgraded Heart Potions and maybe a Guardian Potion (although I've never used one.) Bottom line about fully upgrading potions is that it doubles the amount you can heal. It's important on Hero Mode.

If you can, you should use upgraded potions (you should have your bugs transfer over from your previous file, but if you don't have enough, then you'll be able to acquire the full set again once you get to Lanayru Province.) When twice upgraded, Heart Potions heal all your hearts and have two uses. The same is true for the Revitalizing Potions, which fully upgraded will repair your shield, heal all your hearts, AND have two uses (and will be automatically used if your shield breaks, though not if you die.) Ideally, you don't really need much other than a full stock of fully upgraded Revitalization Potions, but depending on how little you fail a Shield Bash or even use your shield, you might really only need one, at that point I recommend fully-upgraded Heart Potions and maybe a Guardian Potion (although I've never used one.) Bottom line about fully upgrading potions is that it doubles the amount you can heal. It's important on Hero Mode.

Cool thanks! Dually noted :) I am familiar with the double use of Heart Potions and Revitalizing potions. Just gotta acquire the bugs to upgrade them. I can't seem to find any Skyloft Mantis anywhere, though!!! I wish I could afford the Bug Medal right now. LOL

Cool thanks! Dually noted :) I am familiar with the double use of Heart Potions and Revitalizing potions. Just gotta acquire the bugs to upgrade them. I can't seem to find any Skyloft Mantis anywhere, though!!! I wish I could afford the Bug Medal right now. LOL
Skyloft Mantises are common by the Statue of the Goddess, particularly in the area behind the wall on the right (right when you're facing the statue from the entrance to the area). They probably spawn in other places, but in my experience that's the best place. Best bet is to enter and exit the statue itself repeatedly in order to collect the few mantises outside it repeatedly. I believe there's one in the little storage shed on Pumpkin Landing, but it's only one and it doesn't seem to spawn as often as the ones by the Statue of the Goddess.

Skyloft Mantises are common by the Statue of the Goddess, particularly in the area behind the wall on the right (right when you're facing the statue from the entrance to the area). They probably spawn in other places, but in my experience that's the best place. Best bet is to enter and exit the statue itself repeatedly in order to collect the few mantises outside it repeatedly. I believe there's one in the little storage shed on Pumpkin Landing, but it's only one and it doesn't seem to spawn as often as the ones by the Statue of the Goddess.

I ran around the ENTIRE area of Skyloft, and couldn't find a single mantis. =/

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@ retro i never used one i was kinda shield savy enough to abuse the system plus i usually ran my dude to death if attacked.... for later portions of the game you can't go wrong with Health ++ or a Guardian potion + use a potion medal.

Retro theres some pots near the Bazaar lift those normally you can find one there, IF IN DOUBT lift a pot/rock.

My recommendation is upgrade whatever you have immediatly my personal fave war wiping out ghirahim with the use of braced shield it made me lol he'd go to slash at me from afar (you know the funny little run and slash) and i'd just shield bash and slaughter you, also use skyward strike often its at full power and when you (SPOILER) forge the true master sword it charges instantly.

I ran around the ENTIRE area of Skyloft, and couldn't find a single mantis. =/
Bugs don't spawn every single time you enter an area. That's why I said to enter and exit the Statue of the Goddess (any building will work). Skyloft is still the best place to find Skyloft Mantises, you just need to get them to spawn.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Since you are smart enough to carry potions, I only have one piece of major advice to offer: learn to use the shield efficiently. There are times when you will need to pop that shield up and parry an enemy's attack, namely when there's a hoard of enemies around you. Get used to using the shield, and you'll be golden.

I have a new question, didn't want to start a new thread cause it's pertaining to this in a way.

I'm spending so many rupees on potions, that I don't have enough to purchase things from Beedle's Shop. What could potentially be a way to collect as many rupees as possible? Besides the mini games? Seems as though I do more losing in the mini games, or I tried the Bamboo Chop game and am only getting treasures =/

And yes, JuicieJ, I am using the shield as best as I can.

Rachel

be vigitant
An easy way to collect rupees is to farm bugs or treasures. I like going to the Pumpkin Landing, sleeping in the bed until night, then going out and catching starry fireflies. They net you 30 Rupees per bug, and there's usually 1-4 of them out there. All you have to do is go inside the Lump Pumpkin, then back out again to make them respawn.

Once you have enough, go to Strich's room at night to sell him the bugs. He gives you a list of the three bugs that he'll buy that night. If Starry Fireflies (or whatever other bugs you want to sell) aren't on the list, just sleep in the bed next to him and try again.

In regards to treasure, I would suggest farming blue bird feathers at the Sealed Grounds, which sell for 100 Rupees each. Bird Feathers sell for 20 Rupees each, so if there's isn't a blue bird in the flock, you can grab a bird feather or two. You can catch birds in your bug net.

You can sell treasures to Rupin (the guy who upgrades your items and repairs your shields) in his house at night.

To save on potion use, remember that you can sit on the tree stumps or other chairs to replenish health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom