• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Administrator Roles in Moderating

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Why do people thing it being physically impossible means "just forget it and let them mod"?

There could be rules on what they can do. There are already unspoken rules on what they can do. Just because they can delete the forums doesn't make it ok for them to do so.

Why do people thing it being physically impossible means "just forget it and let them mod"?

There could be rules on what they can do. There are already unspoken rules on what they can do. Just because they can delete the forums doesn't make it ok for them to do so.

And if Kitsu uses his mod powers, what punishment could there be? He can delete all the admins and the site owner.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
This hardly is a good thing. Arguing that it is impossible to distinguish them, even though that is not true, leaves only one option when you have an admin abusing their power: demotion. If you insist that it shouldn't be split, then it increases the responsibility and accountability that would be required.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
And if Kitsu uses his mod powers, what punishment could there be? He can delete all the admins and the site owner.

Ok, so if he just nukes a bunch of accounts and abuses his powers it's ok? No demotion or any repercussion for stepping out of his boundaries? If you're admin you're just god of the site and can do whatever the hell you want? That's basically what I'm taking out of what you've been saying.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Ok, so if he just nukes a bunch of accounts and abuses his powers it's ok? No demotion or any repercussion for stepping out of his boundaries? If you're admin you're just god of the site and can do whatever the hell you want? That's basically what I'm taking out of what you've been saying.

If he delts everyone who will demote him

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Think admins should be allowed to mod as they see necessary. I don't think one instance (where you really could argue from either side) is enough to justify the total removal of that power for them.

Just because they have the power doesn't mean it will be abused.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
And if Kitsu is demoted, the site is the worse for it. Besides, even if he did go over board one time, that is hardly cause to demote him. We have had admins who literally deleted huge chunks of the forum before.
Value doesn't give people license to attack others. he was strictly supposed to stick to only tech duties, but he involved himself in moderating anyway. He overstepped his bounds. Demotion is the only option if you keep insisting that less extreme alternatives are not appealing. If you want someone like him to stay on after doing something like this, then it makes no sense to argue that just because they can do what they want, they should be able to do what they want so long as they're skilled. It's entirely the wrong way to go about it.

Mases should not have given Kitsu and Repentance database access so early after their promotions. This opened a Pandora's Box of issues and begs answers to questions such as why Djinn, someone who never trolled and was never banned, has the least permissions.

If tech admin is distinguished, a new user group with custom permissions should be created with Mases perhaps needing to reconsider who he gives DB access to.

No, and I don't think Kitsu ever would do that. He cares about the site. He could have done it already if he wanted too but instead has worked hard to improve it (see many database errors lately?). I am just saying that a distinction would just be ceremonial at this point. If you guys want to make that distinction, fine, but it doesn't really solve the underlying issue of unequal and odd enforcement of the rules historically.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm going to be honest, all I take out of this situation is Admins are a broken rank and Mases doesn't know what he's doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom