• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Academic Specialty

What's your Academic Specialty (Pick ONE)

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was Top Music Student for my final three years of high school and it was the only class I really cared about, but I also got the highest mark on my 11th grade Chemistry final so I guess that counts for something!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
English Class is by far my strongest subject.

I literally don't pay any attention in that class and always have an A. I'd have been in a high school level English course if they allowed it in elementary school, but math was/is the only subject you're allowed to skip grades in.

I just play Smash all day in English

Ninja

Well well well
I was enrolled in our medical magnet program so I had to be really good at science subjects.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm currently taking a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Arts in International Studies.

My Major in Information Technology is Business Information Systems Management. This is essentially the project management side of IT rather than a technical speciality so lots of the focus behind my study is effective implementation and development methodologies and important IT Operations Management principals. Of course, there is some technical background given as that is important but it is not the main focus of my major.

I also take a Sub-Major in Information Technology, Internetworking and Applications. In this Sub-Major I am studying how networking hardware and software work to deliver both wireless and wired network communications, with a large focus on working with Cisco hardware. This is far more technical than the Major so it is great to have a good grounding in a technical field too, and networking is extremely important to every company nowadays so it is also going to be good in terms of career opportunities.

My Major in International Studies is Japan. In this Major I have studied Japanese Language and Culture for the past two years and will study in Japan for 2 semesters next year. It is starting to get a bit difficult (especially with juggling three jobs and IT subjects at the same time) but next year I think since it will be my only focus I will excel. I can read/write Hiragana and Katakana very well now and probably know around 500-600 Kanji characters so far (but have lost count of the exact number at this point).

In terms of raw marks I am doing better in my Information Technology Subjects but I feel as though I am learning just as much from my Japanese subjects too. By the time I graduate I feel as though I will have got a great deal out of my degree so I am really excited to see where I'll go from there. I would especially highly recommend learning a second language to anyone (even out of University) as it is such a challenging, but fun and satisfying thing to work on.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Math, with all the games I grew up playing, and am playing nowadays, I use probability, as well as calculate values using the detailed specs for FE combat. I was never good at History, Chemistry would be a distant 2nd as far as my specialty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom