• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword About the Sheikah

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
First of all, I admit my knowledge about the Sheikah is about the minimum required to play a Zelda game -both because of this race's mystery, and because I never cared one bit about the sheikah characters that appeared in the games (in fact, I held a particular hatred against Sheik until I found out who he really was, which made me hate him a bit more).

Anyway, what I remember, though it could all be messed up (if so, please correct me), I think Impa told Link in OoT that the sheikah were the sworn protectors of the royal Family but that at some point of their history the royal family betrayed them, and so they added a tear in their Sheikah eye.

Right. So, if the tear was added to the eye symbol after the hylian Royal Family betrayed the sheikah, why Impa from SS has the eye with the tear? I thought the beginning of Hyrule as a kingdom was after Demise was destroyed, and weren't Zelda and Link the origin of the royal bloodline?

Could it be that before Hylia sent the hylians to the sky in the demon war there was a royal family that became extinct, them being the ones that betrayed the sheikah? PLEASE NOTE, this is not theory, I'm just asking if anyone knows the reason of (as i see it now) this time error. thank you.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
First off, you may want to edit that thread title (click Edit Post > Advanced > Correct the title). It should be spelled "Sheikah."

Anyway, I personally do not know the exact reason. I do not think there would have been a Royal Family on the surface before, because there are no buildings or anything aside from the Sealed Temple and the Temple of Time. There are obvious signs of life, but I think it would be better to believe that they belong to the races of the surface. For there to be a Royal Family, they would need some form of civilization, which there really isn't any of on the surface.

As for the teardrop part, I actually don't know if that is true or not. It doesn't seem familiar to me, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom