• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Random Drawing Contest Week 5

A Random Drawing Contest Week 5

• Xinnamin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ChargewithSword

• Random Person

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Main Theme : The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Merry Christmas

Xinnamin

xinmerrychristmas.jpg

ChargewithSword

chargemerrychristmas.jpg

Random Person

merryminishchristmas.jpg

Voting will end on 1/2/10. From now of the winner on the contest will be featured as the icon of the Zelda Art Lovers group.

Week 6
Main Theme : Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme : Happy New Year

Entries due by midnight on 1/2/10.

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I definitely enjoy the style of Xinnamin. She really brings out the childish expressions of Link and Zelda, wile almost adding a storybook quality with the backgrounds. She is very free flowing and beautiful with it. He has a concrete movement in the drawing, and I can't help but smile at it. Good work; my vote is for her.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I like Xinnamin's entry.

The way she drew the pine needles was very interesting, those fairies hovering where Christmas lights should be was a creative touch, and finally there's the most important part... The way Link and Zelda are drawn looks very good, close to official artwork, and the situation they're drawn in is both very cute and appropriate to the theme.

ChargewithSword also had a good entry. I liked the stars in the background, and the font he used. He also used rather detailed shading on the belt and gloves. The only flaws are that the background is blurry, and Ganondorf's face isn't quite right.

Random Person... I don't really know what to say about his entry. It doesn't even seem to be Zelda themed. It seems to be vaguely Christmas-themed, but I can't tell what he was drawing at all. Elves? With their reflection in a typical ball-shaped ornament?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Had to vote for Xin's. Her's is just great. Everything is drawn awesomely and it fits the theme quite nicely.

Charge's was very creative and the color scheme is great. Just looking a little flat there buddy.

As for me, I just couldn't seem to get the nose right on the picori. Plus the fact that it's a jpeg made it a little blurrier. And one would think I would know to put something behind the words by now.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i had to vote for xinnamin because of the mistle toe Zelda was carrying(that means Link and Zelda have to kiss :xd:)

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
My vote goes to The Ganondorf Who Stole Christmas. It sereously made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Charge's entry is definitely very humorous, and the blur of the BG, though perhaps a tad overdone, does make the focus of the picture stand out a lot more. Ganondorf's expression made me laugh, it's very nicely done. A few points of constructive criticism: add a bit more shading and a clearly defined light source direction, and also, I do have to point out though that he has two left hands... It's still very nicely done though.

RP's entry I find is very creative. I think that little picori looking up at his own reflection in a tree ornament is very cute, and I love how you can see the reflection of a tree in the background. A bit of constructive criticism: the general composition is a tad too red, and the text could do with a bit more emphasis by a lighter color right behind it to make it more defined. Perhaps some more shading on the ornament to make it appear rounder. The highlight does an excellent job of making the top portion seem round, but the bottom portion is still rather flat. The reflections are very cleverly done though.

I think I'm gonna vote for RP, as something about that little picori is just too cute and clever.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I voted for Xinn. Not only because of the drawing but also about the funny things she added. Link unwrapping his present and Zelda carrying a mistletoe. This was what made me decide to vote for Xinn.

David

But you called me here...
I voted for Xinn. Her's compliments the theme very well. It embodies the traditions of Chrismas that everyone knows. Presents and mistletoe. The drawing is very well done is is very interesting and makes me want to look at it a lot.

As for Charge and Random Person, I really liked your entries. Xinn's was just a little crisper and more refined than your two. I really liked them, but they just didn't catch my eye as much.

Thanks for these entries! I might have to give this contest a try myself.

Z

ZeldaNoob15

Xinnamin Your art style is REALLY nice. I'm really feeling the vibrant colors and soft edges. Really nice work!

ChargewithSword Your picture made me laugh out loud! I really like that creativity. I totally see the Grinch in that. In addition, your title font is a really nice touch to the photo. Nice choice! The Grinch OWNS Christmas and I really like how you played on that.

Random Person I like the Candy Cane background and the idea of such a small creature reflected in a HUGE manner in a yet STILL small object like a Christmas ornament. I also like how it isnt the exact reflection. Thats tricky yet clever.

Good Job everyone!

Xinnamin's caught my attention so quick I love it!
The other's are great too, but I love Xinnamin's the most. :3

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congratulations to Xinnamin for winning the 5th Random Drawing contest with her entry...
xinmerrychristmas.jpg

Your pic will represent the Zelda Art lovers group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom