• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Random Drawing Contest Week 1

Random Drawing Contest Week 1

• Atsuma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Epwna

• Beeker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay ZD, here are the first entries for the Random drawing contest. The topic for the second will be posted in another thread (you'll se why) but vote for these here. Voting will end on 12/3/10... I think.

Atsuma

tetraentry.png

Epwna

entry20.png

Beeker

linkmidnawolfieentry.png

If you're one of those people who skip to the bottom of posts, I said at the top that the topic will be on another thread.

Atsuma's, I can tell was a recreation of the official artwork of Tetra from the Legend of Zelda, The Wind Waker. It is a rather impressive one, considering how hard it is to coordinate art in MS Paint. But, if I recall, Atsuma is also somewhat of a spriter, so I am glad to see that his talent was expressed in this piece. The overall palette matched quite well to the original. A very well-made MS Paint masterpiece. I can see room for improvement, however, a few proportions seem off, and the background is a bit plain, but easily fixable. On a scale on one to ten, I think his piece would fall somewhere around an eight. (8/10)

Epwna's takes me back to the older Zelda games, where Zelda was directly kidnapped, and your task to save her was clear. The art itself is cute, and the shading somewhat makes sense in relation to the sun. That is something I find hard to pull off. There wasn't much shadows, but where there were some, they seemed to line up where a shadow would likely fall. And the expressions on their faces are great. I see some MS Paint potential in our fellow user. Again, Epwna's color choice was also great, and I just love the highlights he placed in Link's hair. I would say on a scale of ten, Epwna has earned himself a six out of ten. (6/10)

Beeker's piece reflects Twilight Princess, obviously. I'm not that sure whether or not she did the lineart aspect by hand, then scanned it in or what, but it has nice form. I like how on either side of the Triforce shows the contrast from the Twilight Realm to Hyrule Field. Very nicely made. When you're creating art such as this in a program like Photoshop, there are so many effects that are available for you to add. Beeker didn't overuse them, which is a good thing. She kept the focal point on the characters. Their colors are very vivid compared to the background making it compliment them nicely. A little blurring can be seen on Wolf Link, but I see a nice piece right there. On a scale of one to ten, I would give her picture a nine out of ten. (9/10)

I like all three of them, but I think I will have to go with Beeker's. Even though there were three to choose from, it was a very hard choice.

Beeker

Wild Card
Nicely done you two! I love your pictures Ats and Epwna!
@Mandy Yes. I did scan this drawing from my sketchbook and coloured it in Photoshop.

Anyway, I think my vote goes to Atsuma. I love how he did Tetra. It looks pretty close to what she looks like in the game, and some good shading in parts. For Paint, this looks very nice!(I can't seem to do a thing on it:lol:)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I need to say Atsuma too. It could be because Tetra is one of my Zelda Heroes, but it's mostly the drawing technique. However, Beeker also did a good job. I can't draw wolf Link for my life! :D

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
3rd one looks awesome, I like it very much, and it looks like it will win. The second one is good as well, I can see the effort put into it. Good job, Epwna and Beeker. ;)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm voting Beeker.

Atsuma's is good as it shows the best in shading, but Beeker's is the most creative. I would have chosen a different background though Beeker. Something like the twilight symbol. The triforce isn't usually associated with Link Midna and Wolf Link.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Congrats to Beeker! The winner of the first Random Drawing Contest. For those trying to participate in the next, remember entries are due Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom