• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Possible Clue to the Closeness of FSA and AlttP on the Timeline.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Of the people who doubt the intention of the placement of FSA - LttP, I have to wonder how many have played the former all the way through. Its not just the placement of Hyrule Castle that's the same. Most every location in FSA (Lon Lon Ranch on Hyule Field, village of the Blue Maiden over Lake Hylia, the Lost Woods, Eastern Temple, Desert temple, etc etc etc) has been placed with LttP in mind, and only so much has changed because games with exactly the same dungeons is boring. It was even originally intended to be the sealing war, and includes the Knights of Hyrule which rarely get mentioned anytime after these two games should be placed.

If this, and certain re-used dungeon rooms in parallel temples isn't enough, then I don't know what will. But frankly to deny the very obvious connections strikes me as silly.

After playing through FSA, I decided to check something in LttP. It was because of FSA I realised that the Triforce isn't named in LttP until you enter the Dark World, and speak to the tree in the building by the first dungeon. Golden Light, mysterious power, and other such titles are given to what is otherwise a well-kept secret left by the Gods (or more accurately, Goddesses). Which fits nicely with the Triforce-less nature of the FSS... until the very end of the credits of FSA, if you were unaware.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

After playing through FSA, I decided to check something in LttP. It was because of FSA I realised that the Triforce isn't named in LttP until you enter the Dark World, and speak to the tree in the building by the first dungeon. Golden Light, mysterious power, and other such titles are given to what is otherwise a well-kept secret left by the Gods (or more accurately, Goddesses). Which fits nicely with the Triforce-less nature of the FSS... until the very end of the credits of FSA, if you were unaware.

That kind of makes me wonder. I've never really paid much attention to when it is and isn't called the Triforce in what games, but that could raise an interesting point for timeline discussion. A lot of what we learn about it in Ocarina of Time is more-or-less secret. We see sections of the creation scene three times throughout the game, first from the Deku Tree before he dies, second from Zelda when you first meet her, and third from Sheik before he reveals his true identity. The latter two times, Zelda alludes to the fact that what she's telling Link is a secret kept by the Royal Family. This and the lack of mention of its proper name in certain games is in stark contrast to games like the original Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link, and to perhaps a certain degree The Wind Waker, where the name Triforce is used more openly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom