• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Cool Idea for Pokemon RPG!

Ive thought about this in a couple of days. Im not a huge pokemon fan though. Im 14 and like games like AC and Zelda. If pokemon could go in another way? at least one time? Ill try to explain my idea here:

You start as normal as a trainer (you decide the looks and clothes) who will choose a pokemon. This time you can choose from many more than just three. You choose maybe your favourite pokemon from that region. (the view is in 3rd person) You walk around like Zelda and talk to people. You get your first pokemon and wander around, meeting NPCs. You (of course) catch other pokemon, enter contests and stuff. And you can get more and more famous in the game by winning contests, club
matches and other trainers and gyms. you then get more respect from the other famous NPCs and you dont need to battle everyone you walk pass (because they know how good you are) The pokemon battles are kinda like the DragonBall ones. You start your attack. Other must tap buttons to dodge and stuff. You wander around in the arena. There are puzzles that you must take out your pokemon to solve and you get to meet the legendary. There are online arenas that you can challenge your friends and other. You can trade and sell stuff as well.

What do you guys think? You may misunderstand the idea, but in my point of view this could have been very fun!

FIX!!

The gameplay is most like the Colusseum game on GC and the dark lugia game.
I agree with unipark, they should use the standard combat system, but the arena should be different. A more themed arena. In a gym of forest types, the arena is with grass and trees that has advantages and disadvantages for each pokemon, so you need to think more strategy. :)

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ErikElias said:
Im not a huge pokemon fan because of the games that are almost the same every time.
Actually, that's untrue, but to an extent. It's usually the same concept for every generation game, but always with a different plot and 95% of the time with new characters (old ones are bound to make an appearance again). Your idea seems alright, but I think it would be best suited for a Spin-off if anything at all, rather than an actual generation game. Personally, don't take too much offense, I don't see it working. It honestly doesn't seem to fit the true concept of any Pokémon game, Spin-off or not.

univpark

Heart of Steel
Ehm....

Well, I have been waiting for a customizable character for awhile, but I would be fine even if we just got to choose a sprite from any generation.

They might (mightttt) be able to pull it off as a spin-off, but the battle system that you suggest would take the strategy out of it more than a lot of people would want. Making it real-time as in other games such as Spectrobes would throw some people off. And adding in a fame system would be interesting, but I just don't feel that this suits the style of Pokemon games that we've seen so far. The concept is OK, it just...Doesn't fit...

Fig

The Altruist
I really like you idea, but it has a very slim chance of it being even considered to be a legit/fanmade game. I do however love the idea of customizable design looks. Maybe you meant like a game concept of the Shadow Pokémon series or maybe even in the style of Pokémon Battle Revolution! Nonetheless, I do hope something like that could be looked upon and given a chance just to try it out. ^^ :D

yes, Fig! The concept of the Shadow Pokemon games! It was that I ment. Just a little more RPG style with more battling and getting more and more famous and stuff!

Your idea as a whole would work well as a parallel game series, and most of your ideas (such as customizable avatars) would be good to use in the main series anyway. It's nice to hear someone else voice these things.

One thing I've always wanted to see is characters who acknowledge what you've done. In all Pokemon games so far (except maybe the fifth generation, which I haven't played), you beat the Elite Four and no one acknowledges it, not even the Elite Four themselves. It's completely like you never beat them at all. Mainstream Pokemon games aren't really plot-driven, but even the quest to beat the Elite Four is made somewhat redundant if the game pretends like you never even fought them. It's kind of insulting, actually.

But most, if not all, of your ideas should be considered by Game Freak. I agree that, while still entertaining, Pokemon as a whole is growing rather stale. It needs something with brand new gameplay along these lines to refresh itself and win back some of its lost audience (which includes me to an extent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom