• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Child Villain?

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
I was reading a post over on Zelda Universe about the possibility of a Child Villain being introduced to the Zelda franchise. I was really wondering what people over here at ZD might think about the subject. I personally would love the idea of a power hunger child (presumably between the ages of 8 and 12) attempting to commit his evil designs. But I wouldn't just want to have another Ganondorf but in kid form. I think he should have goals more fit for a child than, say, Hitler. But, more importantly, what are your thought on the subject? Would you like a Child Villain added to the series? Why? Why not?

Now, discuss!

The skull kid in Majora's Mask was a kid.

The skull kid in Majora's Mask was a kid. He may have been taken over by the evil mask. But he was a kid.

It certainly would be interesting, but I wouldn't know where to begin thinking about what that child villain would do. The only possible thing I can see happen right now is for that child villain to want to obtain all three pieces of the Triforce, and use its powers to make his own little fantasy world. However, that may be a little too "Ganon/dorf" like. I really don't know how they'd pull this off without it being another Ganon/dorf copy.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"There is nothing more pure or cruel than a child." __ Jet Black, Cowboy Bebop (regarding a grown-up killer with the regressed mind of a child).

If you can make them sufficiently creepy... But I'm not sure it would fit Zelda, especially if Link is called upon to destroy the child villain in the end -- just because the idea of killing a child, even an evil child gives people more pause than killing an adult evil-doer. There's always the idea that "a child is young and thus has room to grow/be redeemed."

So, you'd have to counterbalance that by showing them as basically pure-evil and creepy... or ending the game without him/her getting the Ganondorf-treatment.

Well, they wouldn't have to necesarilly kill him/her.
It'd be a cheesier ending, but they could "remove" whatever evil s/he has n_____n

Evil children are always creepy though.

Oh and I quite like that idea someone posted, of a kid that just made everything like a game in a way.
But obvs all the actions he does are evil, but he messes with things and controls things and destroys stuff as if it was only a game, and purely for fun :D

Oh and I quite like that idea someone posted, of a kid that just made everything like a game in a way.
But obvs all the actions he does are evil, but he messes with things and controls things and destroys stuff as if it was only a game, and purely for fun :D

ApcolypticMufin

Fan of Zelda & Bioshock!
Maybe, partway into the game, you're facing off with the main villain, who's clad in huge armor, (imagine a Darknut, but tougher looking.) and you have an epic duel with them. After giving him a proper but-kicking, a cut-scene kicks in where Link knocks off his helmet and he sees that he was fighting a 12 year old that entire time! He hesitates to deal the finishing blow, and it adds a whole new twist to the story!

Personally i don't like the idea of a child villian, unless it was the same age as link or older. (i mean young link from Oot and MM) I did like skull kid in Majora's mask, but even then the Skull kid wasn't evil, he ws possessed. I like the idea of a teenage villian. Maybe Ganorf's kid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom