• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda A Character You Used to Like, But Now Dislike

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This thread is the opposite of JC's thread, A Character You Previously Didn't Like But Now You've Warmed To.

We all have those characters that we love, but then eventually grow tired of to the point of hating. Which character(s) was/were that for you? Any particular reason why?

For me, I'd have to say Ilia. During my first playthrough of Twilight Princess, I actually quite enjoyed her character. Since then, though, I've realized that she's actually a greedy, selfish, ignorant bi---er, I mean... she's not very nice... >.>

Navi. At first, I didn't mind her, but with her constant interruptions, she's one of the most irritating characters in the series ever. There's also Kaepora Gaebora. Same reason as Navi, but far worse.

Salem

SICK
I use think Navi was cute when she hides in Link's hat....at least that's what seemed to me back then.

I don't think I have characters that I liked and then subsequently disliked. However, I do have a hangup over Tetra.

It may seem similar to Zelda/Sheik, but when playing through The Wind Waker I came out of the game really liking Zelda/Tetra at the beginning, middle, and end of The Wind Waker by being smart and active in different ways. I was only 10 or 11 at the time though, and I didn't lend a critical mind to Zelda allowing herself to be on the sidelines after defeating the Helmaroc King. Now, to me she just feels a bit inconsistent as a character.
So I don't dislike her...just not as enthusiastic about her as I used to be.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This is a tough question, I don't tend to begin disliking characters that I've already liked. I can't say that I dislike this character at all because I really do like him I think he's great, but on my 3rd and most recent play through of SS I was much less impressed by Ghirahim.

Paying attention to detail I noticed how much of a sissy he is. There's not much reason for him to be so arrogant and flamboyant when he runs into Link multiple times yet never does so much as put a scratch on him. They fight multiple times as well and Ghirahim decides to "let Link get away this time" like every time. I do love his character, just playing through again he really wasn't a very intimidating villain at all

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I'm probably about to get so much hatred right now for saying this but... Midna.

At first, I kinda liked her. But, I dunno, I replayed TP last year and she started to really test my patience. It's just... she's downright cruel to Link in the beginning for not a single justifiable reason. Imitating the likenesses of his friends whom he'd just witnessed the kidnappings of? Yeah, that's real nice. She taunts Zelda too, calling her "Twilight Princess" and giggling about it. Oh yeah, haha Zelda lost her throne and lots of people probably died trying to protect it but it was all in vain. So funny. Like, I'm sorry, but they were just as much a victim of Zant's as she was, and it really bothers that she honestly feels the need to rub salt into both of their wounds. Oh yeah, sure she gets nicer later... but that's only after someone else has practically died to save her butt. Really? So it takes Zelda to have to sacrifice herself for you to realize "Hmm, maybe these people from the Light World aren't so bad after all..." She just... rubs me in every wrong way possible. I'm sorry, but I really quite hate her. If you like her, whatever that's your business, but I never shed a tear anymore when she shatters the mirror at the end of the game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm tough question.

I'd have to say Fi. Thing is, I was actually really intrigued by Fi before Skyward Sword was announced. She was a mysterious robotic figure who you couldn't help but speculate on. What was she? How is she related to the Master Sword? Who is she connected to? What will her personality be? and so on... I got too caught up in the pre game hype that my expectations were super high to the point where it was bound to go downhill.

So it wasn't as if I liked her in my first playthrough and then changed my mind, it was more so I liked her before the game came out and I was slowly, but surely, let down as the game progressed. She literally brought nothing to the table in terms of a character, her origins and reason for existence didn't interest me, and, quite frankly, her annoying hints really put the nail in the coffin.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Zant. He was such an awesome, menacing villain who did things effortlessly in the first half of Twilight Princess, but then he just disappeared, only to come back at the tail end and become a complete parody of himself. His boss fight in and of itself was kinda cool, but his character was ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom