• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A 1st Person Zelda Title..?

Would you like a 1st Person Zelda Title?

• Yas

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Nu

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
No thank you, no FP for me. Zelda wouldn't be the same without you watching link roll, jump, swim, lunge with sword, grab edges and pull himself up. Although maybe this would calm people down about not seeing Link in his iconic green tunic in BOTW :P

I think OoT in early development was mentioned to be a first person game.

However im glad that didnt happen. I suck at first person games and dont get much enjoy enjoyment out of the ones i can do (aside from Metroid Prime).

A first person Zelda wouldnt be a Zelda game to me. Itd be likely one i'd skip wholesale if it ever happened.

Id you want a forst person Zelda (or as near as you can get) justbwalk around in forst person in Wind Waker all the time and see how much the game loses being locked in first person.

1st person Zelda would be horrible...so glad that no one voted yes at the time of posting this reply!

I feel like Bethesda has the cornerstone on First-Person adventure games. I would't be that in to it, anyway.

I've heard the too, somewhere. I feel like I read there were technical problems that made first person impractical for the hardware at the time. How interesting to imagine if OoT had been first person as intended, that probably would have become the norm for the series, and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I mean I don't really get the posts saying it would be terrible. I am quite positive Nintendo would do something cool with it, and make a solid, polished game like they do 95% of the time.

That being said, I don't see the point of it at all, other than the sake of trying something new.

I can't stand first person sword fighting. There's just no way to perceive depth on a 2D screen. FPSs work because there are cross hairs you can aim with any anything in front of you is getting shot, regardless of range. Plus there are too many flying enemies in Zelda. You wouldn't be able to see them coming from above and behind like third person.

However im glad that didnt happen. I suck at first person games and dont get much enjoy enjoyment out of the ones i can do (aside from Metroid Prime).

A first person Zelda wouldnt be a Zelda game to me. Itd be likely one i'd skip wholesale if it ever happened.

Id you want a forst person Zelda (or as near as you can get) justbwalk around in forst person in Wind Waker all the time and see how much the game loses being locked in first person.

I was going to note the same thing, OoT was supposed to be FP.

FP games immerse you but not in the way a Zelda game provides an immersive experience. That said, if they made a FP Zelda that was incredible and still just as... Zelda-like? I'd still love it

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I've heard the too, somewhere. I feel like I read there were technical problems that made first person impractical for the hardware at the time.
I read that the main problem would have been not being able to tell the difference between child and adult link. I'm not a big fan of FP but I don't think it would ruin the franchise if done well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom