• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

7 and a Half More Months Till Skyward Sword Comes Out?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
So if Gamestop says it's April 1st, and they're not kidding... we have to wait 7 more months????

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Man you make a lot of random threads :p

I've known GameStop's dates to change all the time with pre-orders. The dates most of the time are guesstimated just so they can have a firm date to say for the pre-order, but who knows it could be right. I think that date revolves around Nintendo's fiscal year too.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Can someone please explain what is a fiscal year?

A fiscal year is when a company totals its financial statements and such for the year then starts over. It extends over a 12 month period like a normal year, it just may not always follow the calendar year. April is when Nintendo's ends I think, could be wrong, but the point is their "business year" for 2011 might not start until April therefore when they say "2011 release" it could mean anywhere between April 2011 to April 2012. This is just speculation though.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
So just over half a year, around 210 days, or 5040 hours. seems like a long time unless you say it like 7 months... but I can see the game being ready by that time so they would be able to release it at the start of their fiscal year or soon after.

Fiscal means financial or budget year, companies calculate their finances annually and i guess april is when Nintendo restarts there fiscal year each time, seeing as the date for fiscal years varies from country to country.

I can see the game being previewed in march and released in april, it's as if i can see into the future, 302400 minutes from now.

whoops J Oh already explained what it means... oh well

A fiscal year is a company's business year basically. They calculate their finances and it shows how well they are doing, and in what areas, etc...

For Nintendo, they finish their fiscal year March 31st, so they get their finance information on March 31st; it's probably so they have all the Christmas sales and post-holiday sales accounted for. Then they can budget and create marketing strategies etc, starting 2nd quarter of 2011.

Now they said Skyward Sword would come out early 2011. So Gamestop is taking that into account and just throwing the release date at the end of the first quarter of 2011. 12 months a year, split into 4, is 3 months a quarter. April 1st is the end of the first quarter. It's just a place holder on what we already know.

Anyways, enough ranting. Basically they are aiming for early 2011, so it could very well be January 15, or it could be delayed till June. Who knows? It's Nintendo lol. But I really hope it's released January!

This is true somewhat. I have to finish Adventure of Link, and I have to 100% a lot of them still...

I'm not counting down the days myself, I have lots of other things on my mind. But I will be extatic when it finally comes out! I guess I could wait if that means a better game, but I seriously don't want too. I want to have it on my TV by March at the latest.

I think Nintendo has learned from their mistakes, with saying release dates and then delaying it like they did TP. Heck, they even got ST out early! but I don't know. I think when they actually give us a release date, they will keep their word. They won't know until later, so they are keeping quiet, but I'd guess around February!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This date is not confirmed, and no date has been confirmed yet. Most likely, SS will come out in early 2011, and April is the worst case scenario for "early". So, it's just a placeholder, and I hope we'll know the real date sometime soon.

Yay! I cannot wait!!! ^^ of course I do not mind waiting seven, and a half more months! cause I think by then I should be able to afford it!!! XD other then that I really cannot wait! its going to be a lot of fun to play!!!! :D

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Seven and a half more months? And Nintendo's taking their time? Not bad... hopefully, they will be done, with graphics polished and everything in perfection before the year ends, and it'll come out early.

:P But I'm just dreaming, it'll more likely be delayed, but we know that's it's going to be worth the wait, so seven and a half months shouldn't be that bad!

Gyorg Hater

I speak fluent gibberish
On VGReleases.com the release date is set for Q1(January-March) of 2011. And since that websites goal is to give you the exact release date, I would think its true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom