• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

$69.99 3DS Lolz :)

I went to ShopKo today to get my 3DS/Zelda due to the price drop and they only charged me $69.99. I tried to give them the full $169.99, but they said not to worry about it... i guess the guy didn't input the new price correctly into their computer/scanner.

What a fricken sweet deal! lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Josh, no matter what you are doing or who you are dealing with, you should always be honest with people. Would you seriously want to lose your paycheck due to your own ignorance? What if that particular paycheck is your sustenance for the coming week?

Celebrant, I say good job for trying to tell him of the correct price, and sorry to the poor chap for not knowing the correct pricing. I suppose in the end you got what you wanted, but I do care about how the cashier will fare.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I went to ShopKo today to get my 3DS/Zelda due to the price drop and they only charged me $69.99. I tried to give them the full $169.99, but they said not to worry about it... i guess the guy didn't input the new price correctly into their computer/scanner.

What a fricken sweet deal! lol

You did the right thing correcting the cashier, but are you sure you didn't trade in a DS of some sort? Because it's possible to get it for 70 dollars now. There's many deals and sales going around. Some people were even able to get the 3DS at it's new price and have the opportunity to be an ambassador.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ I think there was a price drop on the 10th in California. And you can even buy the 3ds for under £50 on some internet stores. But no, me and my dad we're ignorant and bought teh 3ds at midnight release. (We watched Toy Story 3 about 5 times before we actually got it XD Still fun and memories though)

Oh and you might have had the awesome privilege to get a price cut with getting a free game. Me and my dad got ours for 180 quid each (Yes, we bought TWO XD) So it wasn't that bad.

You did the right thing correcting the cashier, but are you sure you didn't trade in a DS of some sort? Because it's possible to get it for 70 dollars now. There's many deals and sales going around. Some people were even able to get the 3DS at it's new price and have the opportunity to be an ambassador.

I did not trade in a DS. I sold my DS a long time ago, so I simply got it for $100 cheaper. Walmart also has this policy if its marked/rang up at a certain price, that is what it is. I remember the local Walmart here accidently selling ipod touches for obsenely low prices as well.
Anyway I like this OoT zelda game, the only thing i dont like so far is that you can't have automatic Z targetting on like you could on the Wii virtual console =\. (Z targetting where you hit Z once and it sticks the target)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
You guys don't want to know what they're charging for a 3DS in my country. Let's just say that when I bought mine fore 183£ at Heathrow, I actually saved around 100£ compared to the retail price at home :S

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Wow... over here in Hungary, they pretty much cost what a laptop usually would, at least at the store in the nearby mall. The cost is 49.990 HUF, or about roughly 260 USD. Of course it costs a lot more here because it gets imported from other European countries, mainly the UK.

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
I'm an honest man :) I feel bad for taking advantage of newbs! lol

A forget being nice, if "they feel they want to give me a discount", Im not going to argue. being nice would only make you lose more money, were is the fun in that. Nice guys finish last.

(Sorry,I need to post after I get some sleep,otherwise spelling errors and a slight lack of judgement follows.)

I mean, if someone walked up to me and said,here is a free 3DS, no questions asked and walks away, I would be like sweet,run home,keep it consealed from everyone else to keep it to myself untill i wanted to reveal it and completely become adicitted to 3DS Legend of Zelda.

"Y be nice and be denyed what you want when you could get everything you want though trickory and shady deals at other poeples expence with all the cards and bonus's in your favor" You for example got a 1/3 of the price of a 3DS. you just saves a ton of money that you could use for other things..."

Edit: this is how I From my point of veiw see it. Maybe when I first posted this, I was veiwing myself in your position and not questioning y you tryed to be honest. I truly don't mean to offend anyone.

Josh, no matter what you are doing or who you are dealing with, you should always be honest with people. Would you seriously want to lose your paycheck due to your own ignorance? What if that particular paycheck is your sustenance for the coming week?

Celebrant, I say good job for trying to tell him of the correct price, and sorry to the poor chap for not knowing the correct pricing. I suppose in the end you got what you wanted, but I do care about how the cashier will fare.

Ill Live, Its non of my concern if he does.

edit:Im not trying To offend anyone but the the statement before is at the very least, the opinion and the truth for me. Maybe not for you but for me, yes.

Last edited:

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
A screw being nice, if "they feel they want to give me a discount", Im not going to argue. being nice would only make you lose more money, were is the fun in that. Nice guys finish last.

And im boarding on calling you an idiot for trying(But I said boarding, Im NOT calling you an idiot).

I mean, if someone walked up to me and said,here is a free 3DS, no questions asked and walks away, I would be like sweet,run home,keep it consealed from everyone else to keep it to myself untill i wanted to reveal it and completely become adicitted to 3DS Legend of Zelda.

"Y be nice and be denyed what you want when you could get everything you want though trickory and shady deals at other poeples expence with all the cards and bonus's in your favor" You for example got a 1/3 of the price of a 3DS. you just saves a ton of money that you could use for other things...

Ill Live, Its non of my concern if he does.

I believe you're being kind of inmoral because of not concerning about others, i mean yeah, awesome you get cheap things, but don't be an a-hole, i was OK with what you said until you practically said: "screw everyone, im fine".
Don't get me wrong, i agree with you in most part, maybe you didn't mean me to interpret it that way, so, i think thats it... by the way, i do NOT mean to bash you or anyone who thinks that way.

I honestly don't think I would feel good about this if I didn't at least give them a chance to charge me the full price. Call me an idiot, call me moral, call me nice, I am who I am and I do what I do. We're all human and we're all predictable, but I'd rather keep my conscience clear and enjoy the experience :)

That's my 2c, I got a cheap 3DS regardless of my choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom