• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler 4 Chan Rumours. Does Zelda Have Romantic Feelings for Link?: Answer Right Here

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I found this on Zeldainformer, whos source is IGN and they have actually got a copy of the game.

''Also, a very important fact - despite speculation, Zelda has no romantic interest in Link. That's right folks, put those makeout session remains fan-fiction only. This debunks a bunch of rumors that were floating around''

How do you guys feel about this, are you dissapointed that Zelda is not romantically interested in link? Also this means the 4 chan rumours are fake. It does not mean that some of the stuff can't be true,(like Volvagia being in the game, that can and I think probably will still happen) but that person obviously did not know what they are talking about on 4 chan, and probably has not played any more than a demo of the game.

G

glaceer

Hy hey hey! maybe, just maybe, she's to shy to express her true feelings for Link! :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
well if they have gone ahead and said this then I think it will be clear she does not have those feelings for him.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I personally think that Zelda will have feelings for Link in SS. Nintendo even released a romance trailer.

[video=youtube;hcs0b2KBudA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs0b2KBudA[/video]

One of the recent reviews also said something a long the lines of "after the ceremony Link and Zelda go on what appears to be a date."

We wont really know for sure until the game is released or until more reviews are released.

onilink17

onilink17
I'm gonna agree with RedDekuScrub they released that trailer and I've heard there is an entire side quest dedicated to there relationship. Also In a lot of the trailers Zelda constantly seems to be flirting with Link.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I'm gonna agree with RedDekuScrub they released that trailer and I've heard there is an entire side quest dedicated to there relationship. Also In a lot of the trailers Zelda constantly seems to be flirting with Link.

The "dating sidequest" was one of the rumors that 4chan posted. (4chan is known to be full of lies and made up facts) I don't think that the dating sidequest is real because Zelda is gone the entire game and there is no way Link could go on date with her.

onilink17

onilink17
Oh i didn't know but it still seems like she is flirting with link a lot so idk I think there will be some kinda of romance.

Yea I went to the source and the info seems dubious. I don't even think IGN has beaten the game yet....

No. The so-called "no romance" that IGN claims is outdated. That claim existed around August 28, 2011, a month before the official Romance Trailer came out in September 29, 2011. And considering how lacking the IGN Zelda wiki is, chances are that they overlooked it or forgot to delete it.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/history/Zelda

This contridicts IGN's recent claim that Zelda and Link have mild romance relationship as opposed to none.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1211616p1.html

About a day ago, TronKnotts said that Zelda wants a kiss from Link and is not subtle about.

https://twitter.com/#!/TronKnotts

Given that Nintendo was the one who made the Romance Trailer, it is highly unlikely they would just raise everyone's expectation and then crush it in the actual game. So in the end, IGN's information is outdated and given that they recently completed Skyward Sword, I doubt that this will be final version of Zelda's article.

Last edited:
M

Matthew

Romance Trailer = Romance in the Game. There has to be. Either that or Nintendo is playing some real cute games, and honestly, what are the possibilities of that? I'm not sure about this whole romance thing, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I actually never thought they were romantically inclined. They're very good friends, and people with their level of camaraderie tend to mess around like that. They enjoy their companionship so much they don't need love to share such a bond. On the other hand Groose, being a natural troublemaker, wishes to break them apart in order to take Zelda for himself, but she is wise enough to catch his drift and stands up for Link. This only goes further to substantiate their friendship, not relationship.

I think there will at least be undertones of romance, but any one expecting a kiss is crazy.

Before Zelda is kidnapped, she says there is "something important she wants to tell [Link]". Gee, they're on a frickin' date and have been friends since they were kids. What kind of secrets would she be keeping from him? It's blatantly obvious that Zelda and Link have a thing going in this game. However, the blatantly obvious has never stopped anti-shippers in the past.

I don't think they will kiss but Link and Zelda are close in this game and since Nintendo released the romance trailer I think there is something between them. I don't expect a kiss anywhere in the game but I think Zelda feels something for Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom