• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS, the ultimate zelda machine :D

Forgive the poor video quality, but damn I love this little handheld. Can't really tell in the video but I just imported the black triforce covers which look like this:
GNCrrLD.jpg

Only thing missing now is the DS games.

Do you have a white new 3ds with the black Zelda cover plates? Did we ever get a black new 3ds in the US because I only recall seeing white ones (Aminal crossing package, Mario 3d land package, etc)?

Do you have a white new 3ds with the black Zelda cover plates? Did we ever get a black new 3ds in the US because I only recall seeing white ones (Aminal crossing package, Mario 3d land package, etc)?

There was a very limited edition black friday bundle with mario plates this last bf. I managed to get one, truthfully I could have got more than one but decided not to.

There was a very limited edition black friday bundle with mario plates this last bf. I managed to get one, truthfully I could have got more than one but decided not to.
Oh wow, I must have missed that. I didn't really do any BF shopping this year. I have one of the white Mario 3d land bundles but I dont know if the black plates would look dumb on a white base console...

Oh wow, I must have missed that. I didn't really do any BF shopping this year. I have one of the white Mario 3d land bundles but I dont know if the black plates would look dumb on a white base console...

Yeah I heard about it so I casually went to my local Target hoping to get one. Didn't stand in line, waited till the line was completely inside the store. Walked to electronics, and there was a poop ton of people trying to get this 3DS. The problem was the electronics woman didn't know this was an exclusive 3ds model for only $100, so she was handing out XL's thinking they were the deal. I informed her that was the incorrect 3DS (after she already handed them out to a few poor customers), and then everyone started flipping out lol. She then did a quick job of trying to find out if we had any, and after no one else knew she just claimed we probably didn't get any. I found that unbelievable so I just wandered around in the area looking for any sign of them. Sure enough after a huge pile of PS4's on the ground sold out, there was an end cap full of about 8~ of these limited editions. I informed her and got mine. Most the people who wanted them initially were already gone in a fit of rage. I felt bad because one mother or grandmother was trying to get one for her daughter/gd, both of them stood in line for hours for it. I actually carried a second one around trying to track these people down to give them it, but I couldn't find them. :'(

But yeah it's pretty cool to have a pretty rare model, and the one I actually wanted. I remember when the new hardware was announced I was really upset we never got the normal sized one. After using the normal/xl and 2DS I can say that the XL is easily the best for home only use, but if you want an actual portable 3ds this model is best. 2DS is great for kids, I modded one for my son and we play games together, it's really cool.

One of the best reasons to mod one is to finally have access to Minish Cap. I had every Zelda game for my NEW XL before I sold it, excluding Minish Cap since you can't even buy it if you wanted to. Was exclusive to the Ambassadors, but that's no longer an issue ;).

*oh this model isn't perfect though still, hinges still leave some room for improvement, and the screens still rub if you carry it around in your pocket like me. Guess I'll just replace screen protectors when it gets too bad.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom