• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Streetpass Games

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Not so long ago Nintendo released four brand new games for the 3DS' Streetpass feature: Streetpass Squad; Streetpass Garden; Streetpass Battle; Streetpass Mansion. The Streetpass feature was already one of the more interesting and fun things about the 3DS and these games just make it even better. This thread is pretty much for people to discuss these new games and offer their thoughts or ask some questions about them. So have you got these games yet? If so, what do you think of them and which is your favourite? Do you plan to get these games at some point if you don't already? For those who don't own a 3DS, does the Streetpass and its various games seem like a good idea to you and would it be a factor in your consideration of purchasing one? Let's hear what you all think.

---

For those who don't know what these games are, I'll give you a brief description of each.

Streetpass Squad

Squad is a scrolling shooter game similar to things like R-Type or Gradius. You pilot a small ship as you fight the Gold Bone Gang and Miis found via Streetpass man the weapon ports. Each shirt colour provides a different weapon (for example, Red gives a flamethrower, Blue gives homing missiles) and so the more Miis you find the more powerful you are.

large.jpg

Streetpass Garden

Garden sees you growing as many different breeds of plants as you can, with the Miis you find via Streetpass helping to raise your plants to maturity. It's a lot more slow-paced than the rest of the games but it has a simple charm and there'll be many people who will enjoy working towards growing the best looking garden they can, since each breed of plant has various different colours and there are lots of items, such as flower pots, to purchase to decorate your garden with.

StreetPass-Garden.jpg

Streetpass Battle

Battle crowns you king of a small nation and the Miis you find via Streetpass arrive at your castle as generals, providing your army with troops equal to the population of their Streetpass Plaza. With these troops you set forth to conquer the entire world. The game works off a rock-paper-scissors battle system and is fairly simple but is really fun, especially when your troops over-run the enemy. Other players who own the game will appear as monarch who you can do battle with as well.

StreetPass-Battle.jpg

Streetpass Mansion

Mansion is, perhaps unsurprisingly, similar to Luigi's Mansion in that you are investigating an old mansion and fighting ghosts. Miis found via Streepass will give you floor pieces that match their shirt colour and you have to build each room and corridor as you go, trying to find the stairs so that you can reach the top floor. Matching pieces of the same colour into squares creates rooms which provides you with items while placing different colours together could conjur up a ghost for you to fight. Ghost are fought by using various weapons that you can level up and upgrade as you progress.

large.jpg

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not with my 3DS just yet, but how are these Streetpass Games obtained? And how are they played? Are they available via the eShop? Can they be played without actually encountering another person?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
When you go onto the Streetpass Plaza it should tell you about a system update. Download it and after this you will be given on-screen instructions about where to find the games. You purchase them through the Plaza itself (I don't know how they're priced in the US) and once you've downloaded them you just access them the same way you access the Puzzle Swap and Streepass Quest games. It's all really easy and straight-forward, you've just got to get that update first.

All four new games can be played without meeting other people via Streetpass. They all allow you to spend the Play Coins you earn when you walk around with your 3DS switched on in your pocket to buy squad-mates, fellow gardeners, troops, or paranormal investgators. So if you build up a stockpile of Play Coins then you can spend them to make progress on all of the games.

octorok74

TETTAC
I have them all. They were $4.99 I believe each, but if you are going to purchase them for the first time then you get a bundle deal of all of them for like $16.99. I did the bundle deal. I have yet to play the games at all since I use streetpass while walking around my college.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
None of these games look interesting at all. No thanks. They cost $6.50 each, apparently, which I'd much rather spend on eShop games. I also prefer saving my play coins for progressing in Streetpass Quest again for more new hats, and acquring puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap. Do these new games unlock anything for the player to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom