• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time 3DS Ocarina Of Time Overview - Exitement? Dissappointment?

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello Forum!
I recently made the choice to return to nintendo after a Microsoft coma. This includes my re- purchasing of some type of handheld, which ultimately ended up being the 3DS. This was largely a choice made because of Ocarina Of Time 3D. I remember the N64 Ocarina Of Time, and how much I enjoy the Zelda series. However, with such nostalgia can only come a comparison from the original and the "3D" version. Nintendo brought us not a remake, but a "re- release". This was a great choice, as changing Ocarina Of Time would be a completely awful idea and destroy their fan base. If gamers wanted such a change, they should consider buying Skyward Sword, for a completely new Zelda. If it aint broke, don't fix it. As conservative as I am with the old Zeld games, Ocarina Of Time for 3DS gives me the opportunity to take a childhood favorites on the go, and enjoy the updates.

Below are some pro's and con's to both the 3DS and Ocarina Of Time 3D

+ great graphics
+/- joystick is great, but makes using items like the bow and arrows difficult
+kept to the original story line and details etc.
+graphical improvements were excellent, and made the game experience for gamers who played the original nostalgic
Overall, the 3DS with Ocarina Of Time is a must have if you're passionate about the old Zelda games. Its portable, and though the 3D affects can make one nausiated, they are excellent to watch just cutscenes with.
I hope this provided a useful insight!

I apologize to moderators if this isn't in the correct forum space- please move it if you don't want it in this location:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Last edited:

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I played a demo at target not too long ago. It took me an extremely long time to defeat Ghoma because of the awkward controls. I'm sorry, but I think that OoT 3D was a horrible idea.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I played a demo at target not too long ago. It took me an extremely long time to defeat Ghoma because of the awkward controls. I'm sorry, but I think that OoT 3D was a horrible idea.
Well, the joystick is a little difficult to use, however the motion movement is excellent! The demo 3DS may not have been free enough from the advertisement stand to enjoy it to its full potential.

With that being said, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Last edited:

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I just felt uncomfortable and when you can easily equip your weapon and attack Ghoma in less than 7 seconds, it took me almost a minute to even attack..

Dan

It's the same game with better graphics. I personally hate the n64 controller , had no problem using the 3ds controls , I always used motion control when aiming. Really enjoyed the game furthermore I believe it's a great game to get people into the zelda series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom