• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS: Not That Big of a Deal, but Kind of an Annoying Issue...

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
To anybody else who owns a 3DS,

Whenever I press down on the back of the 3DS in the very center, it makes a very loud squeaking noise. I tried tightening the screws and seeing if anything underneath was loose, but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Is this a normal occurrence? I'd like some reassurance that I don't have a faulty 3DS or something.

Thanks,
Zach

Nicole

luke is my wife
Do you mean where all the text is on the back? I tried to listen for a noise when pressing down, but mine does not make one. I tried this with and without a cartridge in the slot, and neither make excessive squeaking.

My buttons were squeaky for the 1st few weeks I had it, it has stopped now.

No part of my 3DS was actually squeaky at all. Zach, if the noise does bother you, you could possibly take it to whichever store you had bought it from and see if they will either fix it or replace it if your need is great.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
My dad actually helped me fix it. I took off the back panel and removed the battery because it was squeaking directly to the right of the battery indent. I cut out a piece of an old gift card and wedged it under the side of the battery indent and the squeaking stopped! The battery fit right over it and everything reassembled and ran fine. Life is good!

Thanks for the help guys,
Zach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom