• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3 Reasons Why Armoghoma Resides in Temple of Time in TP.

D

Darktimeleader

When I faced Armaghoma in TP, i was like "Why is a Giant Spider doing in a Temple?" Then, later I said "I could of been like a Giant Statue..." so i made 3 ideas why.

1. He was the first Boss in OoT, and thats when the 1st (I think...) game that had a Temple of Time.
2. Its in the Scared Grove, but i say its the Lost Woods and the Forest Temple is like some Giant Deku Tree.
3. There is lots of spiders in the T.o.T in TP

Any Adding Reasons?Any Debates?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
those first two reasons are really well thought out. I never really though about it like that. It's like seeing an image of the past from OoT and since Link traveled back in time (yammer on, yammer on)... OH MAN IT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW! I seriously feel enlightened.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe it is because Armogohma is a freak mutation that had made it's way into the Temple of Time's past. She ( lays eggs ) is there because Zant had split one of the pieces of the mirror of Twilight into the past, most likely hoping Link was too stupid to figure that out.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
All points make a nice argument, but here is what I think.

Armogohma is a large thick armored spider that was corrupted by the powers of the Mirror of Twilight. What was before it maybe be either of 4 things:

1.A Skulltula that somehow made it's way into the Temple of Time and Zant decided to fused within it the mirror shard.
2. An ordinary spider was found by Zant near the forest floor, he could have just infused it to turn into a large giant spider. Since the Mirror had magic that can't be fully understood, it's transformation can be morphed into a cross breed of the Gohma we see in the Temple of Time.
3. An old Gohma roaming the Temple of Time. Zant may have found it and infused it with the mirror, along with some of his twilight magic.
4. A spider and an Armos infused together with the Mirror.

We can't really say what will happen if the mirror is fused with beings. Look at Blizzeta, her form was made only due to her mind being taken over or her being overwhelmed by the darkness that laid dormant in the shattered mirror. That goes with Argorok, It could be an Kargarok before, but the mirror turned into part dragon. So the mirror is unpredictable, we can never say what happens if it is infused with beings. But this is beside my point.

Armogohma has some traits like that of a Gohma alright, the small arms with pincers and the body of a large spider combined with a thick hide. It even has the marking of the twilight, It can't be pure twilight though, if he is, then he would have evaporated into Twilight "dust" like all the Shadow beasts, Shadow Babas, Shadow Keese and Shadow rats.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Well, I think it could have been many things.

You may be right about it being one of the original Gohma, but I doubt it.

I personally think it was a reference to how long the place was abandoned. How it was "cobwebby".

Personally, I don't think there are any real reasons behind Armaghoma's placing in the Temple of Time, the small spiders found throughout the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess are most likely the spawn of Armaghoma, hence their reason for being there. Although the Temple of Time is found within the Sacred Grove, Ghoma was found in the Great Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time, which only resembles the Forest Temple in Twilight Princess, so I don't see how that's relavent to Armaghoma's placement in the Temple of Time. The only other reason I can make myself believe is the reason for Armaghoma being in the Temple of Time is that it's in a forest, and in forests you always find large creatures like spiders, just not that large, or with the extra eye.

I think it's because the guys at Nintendo couldn't actually think of anything else to fit the theme of the Temple of Time, and to be honest, neither can I, it's was originally the gate to the realm in which the Triforce is found, nothing else as far as I know, it's quite illogical for Nintendo to use the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess as a temple. I think it's quite a bad move on their part, myself and MrMosley had a discussion long ago when we were both still known by the name DarkLink, it was about how the actual temple part of the Temple of Time (not the enterance area where you strike the sword in the pedestal to create the stairs, was maybe a mistranslation and that it was infact the Light Temple, not the Temple of Time. However, that's off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom