• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

2DS Reminisces Gameboy?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I know these is really late, but does anyone else think that the 2DS is like gameboy in design? just being non foldable and other things kinda look and feel like a gameboy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree that it (unintentionally?) hearkens back to the days of the GB. I've still yet to hold it in my hands, so it looks unwieldy, but that may change when I actually touch on the device for myself.

I can't say that I like the 2DS that much, in terms of design...I have yet to see it in person though. I heard that it was made for the little ones so that they don't have the tearful "I broke the hinge!" scenario. It's too bad that it doesn't look more like, a book maybe?

I don't own one, but someone that I know recently got it, and he loves it. It actually did remind me of the Gameboy Advance, just the way it felt in my hands. It's pretty close to having a tablet-like feel, since it's much taller than the GBA, and it was surprisingly comfortable to hold. I wouldn't buy it over an actual 3DS, just because I'm a huge fan of the 3D effects that a lot of games take full advantage of, and I do like the design of the more traditional DS family. It's a perfect alternative to someone who's more casual though. My friend just wanted to get back into the Pokemon series, and because he wasn't very interested in any other games or just the 3D effects in general, it was an easy choice.

I did get the opportunity to get that awesome Zelda 3DS with Ocarina 3D, so I won't be getting one.

I actually wonder if the 2DS signals the direction Nintendo wants to head in with its future handhelds, away from the dual screens of the past decade. As Vergo mentioned, the 2DS also reminisces a tablet with buttons and with the Wii U Game Pad following a similar direction, perhaps Nintendo sees this as the design of the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom