• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

100% or Complete

do you try to get 100%

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• sometimes

• Total voters

CZG

Zelda games are usually the only games I get everything, many others are way too hard or simply not cool enough to play 100+ hours. I 100% completed some Mario's and Goldeneye, but that's about it.

Thank the lord not all games keep track of that! When you look at some in-game screen telling you how much you've done, don't you just have to go for the full 100%?

In Zelda games, I'll name mysef Link in the top file and get 100% on my first playthrough and I refuse to go to the final boss when I miss a heart piece too.

The second time through (unless really long ago, more than 5 years at least), I'll problably skip a good part of the sidequests. I recently played ALttP and I got 15 hearts or something when I went the piramid to beat Ganon. I skipped all the caves in the death mountain, saving me hours of playing I think. I'm also replaying MM right now, but everything seems new again and I can't even remember where I got most masks and things, so I could go for 100% again on this second playthrough.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
The first time I play any game I usually just like to not worry about getting the game 100% complete. Once I have played through the game I will eventually try to get 100%.

The only Zelda game I have 100% completed right now is Phantom Hourglass, which was pretty easy to get 100%. Other than that, I only have a few Mario games complete. Okay, now that I think of it, I really need to get some more games 100% complete.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't always go for 100%, but I do try to aim for 90%.

For instance, in OoT... I usually skip getting the Golden Scale, and any Gold Skulltulas after around 50. But I do make a point to get all heart pieces, the Biggoron's Sword, the fourth bottle, all the Great Fairy upgrades/spells, and Epona. Basically, I make sure to get everything that will benefit me, but I don't go out of my way to get things just for the sake of having them. I did complete OoT 100% later on because I had nothing better to do after beating it, and you can go back and get everything you missed.

If the game has a second ending that you can only get if you collect everything, though, that would be enough incentive for me to do so. Otherwise, I pretty much let myself off the hook once I feel like I've gotten everything fundamental to the core "experience" of the game that the developers intended, and beaten the game. I also like to avoid getting everything the first time around so that I'll have a reason to pick it up again later.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think the whole point of the games is to try and get 100% finished with the game.

I always try to get 100% in every Zelda game. Sadly, I'm never able to get EVERYTHING by myself. :(
So I try to get 100% for as far as I can, and when it gets boring (like, when there's just a few heart pieces left, and I have absolutely no clue of it's whereabouts) I use a walkthrough. ;)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
When I first started playing Zelda games I never cared about 100%. I thought that there was no way on Earth I could get all the hearts and gold skulluta's in a decent amount of time. After words though I started trying my very best to get 100% before beating the story. It just seemed natural that Link should have everything he could possibly get before the final boss. Unfortunately I have never suceeded. The poes and that fishing game with the marvel are still missing in TP, and in MC I can't find the last heart peace.

Linky

King of Twilight
I don't bother getting 100% I mostly just complete the story but sometimes there will be a cool side quest like get Biggoron's Sword which also greatly helps you beat the game easier.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I have to get 100% if I don't it will drive me Crazy!If its the first try beating the game then no if its the second time going through the game then yes.

D

DekuLink

I'm a perfectionist. Especially when it comes to Zelda, I can't take it out of the system until I have completed and collected EVERYTHING.

It's a curse.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
100% is the soul to my experience. I try to get 100% while the story is still going so that way I can build it as an adventure instead of something that is just happening at the end of it all. It adds a more adventurous feel to the game. This is exactly what I am going to do with ST when I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom