• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U 100%ing Wind Waker

Pen

The game is on!
'Hoy there! I'm planning on beating The Wind Waker 100%, and I know that there are a couple of figurines for the Nintendo Gallery that cannot be obtained after certain points in the game, therefore I'm planning everything before I start the game so I don't miss anything (because that would be a terrible shame).

Anyway, my main question is, do any of you people know if there is anything else in the game that cannot be done after a certain point? As I said, I know about the Pictographs, but there might be something I'm missing.

Also, if any of you have any other advice regarding a 100% playthrough of WW I'd be grateful, any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
The only thing that you need to do before certain points of the game is the figurines. Heart Pieces, Upgrades, items, Treasure Charts, and chests can all be done before the end of the game. Don't forget to beat the Savage Labrynth and get all of te Tingle Statues.

Pen

The game is on!
The only thing that you need to do before certain points of the game is the figurines. Heart Pieces, Upgrades, items, Treasure Charts, and chests can all be done before the end of the game. Don't forget to beat the Savage Labrynth and get all of te Tingle Statues.

Just the figurines? That's a relief! Thank you. But what are the Tingle Statues I wonder? :?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Just the figurines? That's a relief! Thank you. But what are the Tingle Statues I wonder? :?

if you have a game boy advance and a wire that connects it to the gamecube,you can use the tingle tuner and have your friend or sibling or someone co-op as tingle on the gba
the tingle statues are inside dungeons that can only be found while using the tingle tuner

side note:w/o the tingle tuner,you can't have your figurine gallery complete since knuckle,tingle's brother,appears at tingle island only after you do a minigame that involves the tingle tuner
but the good news is,having the knuckle figurine isn't really required to have a so called 'classified' complete figurine gallery,you can still get the toon link figurine w/o him
or to put it simply:eek:nly the knuckle figurine is optional

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
if you have a game boy advance and a wire that connects it to the gamecube,you can use the tingle tuner and have your friend or sibling or someone co-op as tingle on the gba
the tingle statues are inside dungeons that can only be found while using the tingle tuner

side note:w/o the tingle tuner,you can't have your figurine gallery complete since knuckle,tingle's brother,appears at tingle island only after you do a minigame that involves the tingle tuner
but the good news is,having the knuckle figurine isn't really required to have a so called 'classified' complete figurine gallery,you can still get the toon link figurine w/o him
or to put it simply:eek:nly the knuckle figurine is optional

Thanks a lot! I didn't know about the statues. I did know about the Tingle Tuner and Knuckle though, and I do have a GBA and a GBA connector so I am going to do that side quest! :D

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Regarding the figurines, may I direct your attention to this page:
Nintendo Gallery - Zelda Wiki

It is extremely helpful for the full collection and what I used to 100% the game. Be very sure not to miss the figurines (marked with '!') that are unobtainable after a certain portion of the game.

Last edited:
I do know that certain treasure maps cannot be acquired after certain points in the game. Er, I'm mainly speaking of the Earth and Wind Temples. In each dungeon in The Wind Waker, there is a treasure map--all of which lead to a piece of heart, if I remember correctly--that you must obtain by backtracking to somewhere near the start of the temple, after you get the dungeon's item. The issue is that in the Earth Temple and I'm pretty sure the same goes for the Wind Temple, you need the hepl of Medli and Makar to retrieve those treasure charts.

I screwed up in one of my files--one that I was initially intending to 100%--by forgetting to go back and get the one in the Earth Temple when Medli was with me. Now, I'm kind of... unable to get the chart.

Pen

The game is on!
Regarding the figurines, may I direct your attention to this page:
Nintendo Gallery - Zelda Wiki

It is extremely helpful for the full collection and what I used to 100% the game. Be very sure not to miss the figurines (marked with '!') that are unobtainable after a certain portion of the game.

That is the page I have be using lately, but thanks anyway! :zelda:

I do know that certain treasure maps cannot be acquired after certain points in the game. Er, I'm mainly speaking of the Earth and Wind Temples. In each dungeon in The Wind Waker, there is a treasure map--all of which lead to a piece of heart, if I remember correctly--that you must obtain by backtracking to somewhere near the start of the temple, after you get the dungeon's item. The issue is that in the Earth Temple and I'm pretty sure the same goes for the Wind Temple, you need the hepl of Medli and Makar to retrieve those treasure charts.

I screwed up in one of my files--one that I was initially intending to 100%--by forgetting to go back and get the one in the Earth Temple when Medli was with me. Now, I'm kind of... unable to get the chart.

Thank you very much for this important enlightenment, Mandym! It is indeed very appreciated. I'll be very careful when I reach those specific parts of the game. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom