• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Zelda need to go 'open world'?

One thing I Wanna see in the Next Open-Air Zelda games; is the Ability to Fly in the air like on a Loftwing. . . making Open-Air more than just a Nintendo Trademark with nothing to else to TRULY differentiate it from other Open-World games
Also Want to see stuff like The Ability to Swim Underwater and Dive(complete with Upgradable Blue Stamina wheel for Swimming Underwater that also serves as an air meter; that once you run out, you run out of hearts until you drown) with the Best possible Swimming Controls in a Zelda Game Up to date;

Also get rid of the Weapon Breaking Mechanics; and Add the ability to Craft New Weapons. . . using materials you find; Implement a Crafting System for Items & weapons as well as Food

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
One thing I Wanna see in the Next Open-Air Zelda games; is the Ability to Fly in the air like on a Loftwing. . . making Open-Air more than just a Nintendo Trademark with nothing to else to TRULY differentiate it from other Open-World games

Skyrim. Though yes, I would like to see them properly implement it. If they're going to let us just skip over any obstacle by climbing, we may as well be given the ability to fly.

Also get rid of the Weapon Breaking Mechanics; and Add the ability to Craft New Weapons. . . using materials you find; Implement a Crafting System for Items & weapons as well as Food

No. Many other open world games make you repair weapons, which means usually you have to go to a town, stop what you're doing and get it fixed. The breakable weapons system, along with the fact that most enemies carry weapons, means that you can keep the flow of the game, while not being able to abuse powerful, otherwise game breaking weapons.

Like Side Quests?

Or shrines.

Or shrine quests.

Or trying new combat tactics.

Or having fun with the physics system.

Or Korok Seeds.

Or exploring, whether for an item or for the sheer thrill of exploring.

Or mini games.

Tons of things to do in BotW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom