• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread VFD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
If that's what you think then you're either scum or Sun Fan pulled the wool over your eyes. Go ahead and vote me, you'll just cost the town the game. I'll happily hammer myself and end this roundabout BS myself.

Look, I'm just working with what I've got and I dare say I'm doing it rather methodically. I would appreciate it if you would try to see my point of view. I've done some thinking and I can't see a scenario in this game where it would make sense for Sunfan to be scum aligned with anyone. Sure it is always possible but I find it highly unlikely. From my own point of view of course I know for sure he isn't scum with me. He is very unlikely to be scum with Doc seeing as he was very keen on lynching him yesterday. I also doubt he's scum with Moe and SMS because they were both keen on having Sunfan lynched yesterday. And if he's scum with you, Krow, I would be very amazed based solely on the events of today. So seeing as I cannot place Sunfan in a scum team with any other living player I will assume he is Town. Another player whom I can most likely rule out of my list of suspects is Moe due to the innocent result I got on him during night 1. However, I must still wait for a response from @The Sun Fan before I can know that investigation was indeed on Moe.

Basically right now I decide to put my trust in Sunfan and Moe, so the way I see it the last two scum must be in Krow/Doc/SMS. Since I've chosen to trust Sunfan I can with additional certainty say that Krow must me one of them, leaving SMS or Doc to be the last one. But yes, let's not do any rash voting. ;)

Right, since this is some backwards nonsense at this point, I'll just vote and get back to work.

Vote: Sun Fan

If I die, woo, congrats scum team.

Pen

The game is on!
Right, since this is some backwards nonsense at this point, I'll just vote and get back to work.

Might I ask you to go a bit more in depth on exactly what it is you find to be nonsense or BS as you also put it earlier? Helping the rest of us see where you're coming from could help your case.

d1
Mido- 1 (Doc)
Flora- 1 (Deku)
A Link In Time
- 3 (Minish, Flora, Krow)
Moe the Moblin- 1 (Pendio)
DekuNut- 4 (Moe, ALIT, LG, Mido)
Stormageden747- 2 (SMS, HoT)

d2
Pen- 1 (Moe)
A Link In Time- 2 (Krow, Pendio)
HeroOfTime- 7 (ALIT, Flora, Minish, LG, sms, Hero, storma)

Not voting: 2 (Mido, Doc)

d3
The Sun Fan- 1 (Moe)
Doc- 3 (Pendio, Krow, sms)
Stormageden747- 3 (LG, sunfan, Doc)

I am coloring storma green just because we know it is mylo, and if he is a 3p, then he was operating in a townie way so, he wasn't approaching the game in a wolfy mindset, and in this scenario, I am glad to count him as an honorary townie, but he was probably just town tbh. 4 wolves at the start of the game doesn't make sense to me with 13 players, even in role madness.

I think this makes Doc look townie because the voters yesterday on Doc must contain at least one scum, unless the world is just screwed up with Moe being a wolf.

I don't get much from the d2 wagon tbh. Was a pile-on.

d1 wagons are always the hardest to put back together for me. It just looks like chaos to me, mostly. Interestingly, we know that Minish never bused on a final votecount in the entire game.

I do think that it looks good for Pen that he claims to have checked moe n1, who he was voting for, and then let up in his reads after allegedly getting the green. He further checked ALiT n2, who he was voting for again. Yet, last night, you didn't check Doc, Pendio. What's with this combo breaker here? I know there's no rule about checking who you voted for, but it doesn't perfectly line up with how you were playing prior to then. @Pen

I think that I think that wolf!Moe just doesn't make sense in either world. His hesitation today looks good in my mind, and to echo an earlier read, it just kind of feels Moe-ish. To use another old read, Minish's read on Moe really, really doesn't feel like a read on a partner, so I would be surprised to see him scum.

Because there's basically always at least one between pen, sms and Krow at this point unless the world is messed up and its exactly Moe+Doc, potentially two, it looks really good for Doc in my mind because those three were voting for a partner when they know that they can vote for storma and get away with it, janitoring of Storma's flip aside. I don't see why, especially Krow, would want to vote a partner there when they can set up mylo tomorrow with a single nightkill.

I think, outside of that, I believe Pen aorn. I could see Krow claiming roleblocker as the scum roleblocker, and just telling the truth for the most part. Honestly, the biggest hangup that I have in my current world is that the fact that Krow claimed roleblocker is because of an interaction that he had with SMS that feels like it wasn't between partners to me. Krow also like... blamed SMS for forcing him to out and that's just a bonkers w/w interaction if that's what happened.

So, honestly, I'm having a tough time piecing together a world right now. SMS/Krow is the only world with Krow that I see because voting for a partner in Doc makes no sense to me there, but SMS/Krow still feels like its not right, and town knows that its mylo so its a team of two. Excepting the absolute funniest world, which is Pen+Krow and I've just like forced Pen to claim a red on a partner, I don't see a sensical world of two that includes Krow.

Worlds with Pen are like... also really hard. It also doesn't make sense for Pen to vote for a partner in Doc there, but Pen is never, ever with SMS given that Pen claimed a red on SMS at the start of today. So Pen/Doc rarely exists, Pen/SMS never, ever exists, and Pen/Moe just doesn't feel right given that I think Moe is town probably (his role seems really helpful). Again, Pen/Krow is really, really funny, and I legit hadn't even thought about that before I was making this post, but its also feeling wrong given how quickly Krow voted for Pen. Idk

Is voting for a partner common on ZD? @Moe the Moblin @Pen @Doc @Krow @Spiritual Mask Salesman
Its rather uncommon where I come from, and is regarded as bad form in most instances. If its common here, then I guess Pen/Doc and Krow/Doc exists, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Worlds in my mind are something like
most likely, still not perfect
Krow/SMS

kinda possible I guess
pen/Doc
Krow/Doc is equally as likely as pen/doc imo

its really, really funny if its ________ but its probably not _________ because its just so absurd
krow/pen

I'm kinda messed up rn. It seems like Doc might be scum and had partners voting for him??? SMS only makes sense in exactly one world and that is kind of surprising to me.

There's also 1 more thing I'm waiting on, I doubt it'll turn out but if it does then I think I can prove that its Krow. I'm not 100% sure that Krow should've seen Pendio visit him with that watch, I think that with the watch, based on what I would've expected, Krow should've seen Pendio visit SMS. @Moe the Moblin does that seem right to you?

Sorry to use @ so many times but I think that the solution to this game is in this post.

I'm not 100% sure that Krow should've seen Pendio visit him with that track* I think that with the track*, based on what I would've expected, Krow should've seen Pendio visit SMS.

You seem to believe Krows claim, but say that if Alit flips town, me and Krow are the ones to look at. When it's highly possible in that scenario that Krow is still telling the truth about blocking Alit, in which case I still would have never received any message from Alit. So you're seemingly narrowing it down to two people based on faulty logic.

Again, Krow can be town and have targeted Alit last night even if Alit flips town. It seems unlikely that Krow would be scum, not actually block Alit last night, and then come straight into today going after Alit. Just isn't really a scum move imo.

Again, you're saying if he's telling the truth it's likely he was roleblocked, but also wanting to go after people that are saying that he was blocked?

Tbh, I see where this reasoning is coming from. That is probably the reason I misread Pendio so many times in the past. But now I realize that this actually seems more like town Pendio. He seems to have this sort of calm, methodical questioning as town.

Sorry! Didn't get around to it yesterday for reasons. Will post a (probably not as thorough as usual) reads list soon.

Though, to comment on stuff I've said in this post and recent going ons. Day 1 I was leaning town for Hero. But a lot of his recent posts have felt off to me (and others apparently). He seems to be changing his mind at the drop of a hat. While also holding two differing opinions at the same time. He keeps saying how if Alit flips town, Krow is suspect, but says he believes Krow, but also if Alit is telling the truth he was likely roleblocked. It's like he's trying to set up a plan for tomorrow's lynch or something.

That said, I'm still unsure about Alit and I feel his lynch could potentially clear some things up. I haven't actually seen many other people comment on the role that Alit claimed. Not sure if anyone else here is familiar with the theme, but if so some thoughts on his role could be helpful.

god this post makes me think that Minish is with Krow, especially the first response ok I'll stop posting I'm sorry I just think that the game can be solved to I'm closing the tab for real this time until a lot later on tonight.

Pen

The game is on!
Yet, last night, you didn't check Doc, Pendio. What's with this combo breaker here? I know there's no rule about checking who you voted for, but it doesn't perfectly line up with how you were playing prior to then.

Well since ALIT has just been killed the same night I investigated him I was afraid the same might happen to Doc since it felt to me like Doc, as a quite inactive player, could be a possible night kill target. That's why I went with SMS instead, whom I had expressed suspicion for as well during the previous day.

It's a bit hard to say I think. It does happen from time to time but probably not overly often. I do think though that when it does occur it's usually in an instance where a mafioso places a vote on a fellow mafioso who isn't in danger of getting lynched. Of course it could have happened in this game though, but I find it rather unlikely that scum would put their buddy in that kind of position. The point you bring up about who voted Doc does make me more keen on trusting him more. With reason this to Town-read Doc that only leaves Krow and SMS for me as far as good scum candidates go. Krow of course I supposedly got a scum read on through my night investigation so him I'm especially suspicious of.

@Doc and @Spiritual Mask Salesman I'd love to hear more from you two. Doc especially, but I'd love to hear much more from the both of you. What are your thoughts on everyone and everything that's going on?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
pen and krow's avatars look too similar to me I legit thought for the past 5 minutes that pen was voting for sunfan

anyway if krow is scum I can reasonably believe that they intentionally nokilled to attempt a free hanging of a townie
which is a reasonable play I suppose
going between a cop claim and a roleblocker claim the cop claim, uncontested, is certainly more towny than a roleblocker claim (which is more often a scum role to begin with)

I REALLY want doc to show up though

Sun Fan just keeps twirling Pen around his finger, it's irritating. I can't tell if Pen is scum or not, but Sun Fan's arrogance and ego irritate me like Axle's did back in MHA. High and mighty who knows exactly whats going on in the game. Just like how he knew who Pen investigated last night without Pen saying anything. That or I missed the post. Either way, Sun Fan's magical night ability is apparently a game changer that bus drives everyone, and it's instantly believed which is complete nonsense. If seriously none of you can see this, you are blind. Sun Fan and Pen, one or both is scum. Yhe sheer fact that Pen is "sure" I am scum and cannot find another way I can't be, yet hasn't voted for me is baffling.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think at this point SunFan is really overthinking things. Whatever happened last night got switched around by SunFan apparently. Pendio tried investigating me, but actually investigated Krow instead and the result was false. In any scenario there are only 2 scum and Krow must be a Mafioso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom