• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Survivor: Forums Apart

Do you like the idea of hidden immunity idols?

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hello, and welcome to the Second Season of Survivor.

Survivor: Forums Apart.

In this Season, you will be pitted against 1 other tribe and 11 other people, where only one shall remain, and be crowned Sole Survivor.

This year, I would like to note, the game has had several important modifications that affect gameplay:

• The timezone difference should no longer be an issue for those who aren't in timezones that are close to EST or PST
  • The challenges have been better prepared
  • There are some new gimmicks, such as Hidden immunity idols, that you can find or earn multiple ways. Immunity idols are not the only gimmicks
  • We now use discord instead of the ZD conversations. If you do not have discord, you can download it onto your phone or computer, or make an account and use the web browser version, all completely free of charge.
  • We tried to make a theme that allowed us to not randomly generate tribes, but instead put you with a group who shares some similarities, but unfortunately that didn't work this Season. However, we have still worked the answers you all put into the game.
  • Besides this, you may check the rules listed below for any changes I may not have mentioned. Remember, @Domozilla777 is Dr. Joe, the co-mod, and is also here modding the game.
The Rules

• Each day will last around 24 hours.

• In the day phase, players may talk to other players either in the chat, or in secret conversations outside the chat. When the day phase ends, the challenge phase begins.

• Challenge Phases last for as long as the challenge or until the designated time.

• In the Challenge Phase, tribes may (or may not) work together to solve a puzzle, or complete some kind of online activity. The tribe or player that wins will receive immunity at Tribal Council. After the Challenge phase, there will be tribal council

• Tribal Council Phases last 24 hours.

• In the Tribal Council Phase, players openly discuss in the chat a set of questions, and then have the rest of the time to discuss what the plan is, ect. Players must have their vote sent by the end of the tribal phase in a conversation to the Host and only the host. If their vote is not sent, then they will not be able to participate in the next challenge. The person with the most votes at the end of each tribal council loses the game and can no longer participate in any conversations or the game chat. If there is a tie vote, then there is a 12 hour revote period. If there is still a tie, then either there will be a challenge between the 2 tied players, or a “rock drawing” between those whose names were not voted.

• After a few tribals, there will be a tribe swap where the tribes are split up

• Once approximately one third to half of the competitors are eliminated, the tribes will merge and the challenges become individual.

• The 3 (or 5) players eliminated before the final 3 (or 2) become jury members, meaning they vote for the winner of the final 2 (or 3), and must keep an eye on the game even though they are no longer in the game.

• When it’s down to the final 2 (or 3), there will be a period when the finalists can state their cases to the jury, who will then vote for the winner.

• After the final vote, the winners will be announced. All conversations and votes are revealed.
How Hidden Immunity Idols Work

As you know, hidden immunity idols are entering this game, just like on the real show! If you do not know what a hidden immunity idol is, follow this link: http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Immunity_Idol

In my own words, a hidden immunity idol is a gimmick in the game that allows the owner to play it after the votes are cast, but before they are read (In this game, you must play it as they are cast), which negates all votes cast for the player whom it was dedicated to. For example, if I have an immunity idol, I can use it before the votes are revealed and all votes that were placed on me will be negated, therefore I do not get voted out, even if every single person voted for me, and I just voted for Domo. Domo would go home, because my vote on Domo is the only vote that remains valid. Game changer! You may play an idol for someone else however. If I think that Domo is going to be voted out, and I don't want that to happen, I can play my idol for Domo, and the votes against me will still count, but not against Domo.

You may play an idol at any tribal council except the final two tribals. You do not have to use it the tribal you find it at. You may give it to someone else, and you may tell other about it if you so wish. If you do not play the idol, all votes cast on you are valid, meaning you may be voted out with an idol in your pocket. If this happens, the idol dies and you cannot give it to someone else.

A new idol will be put into the game for you to find every 2 or so game days. You know you have found one when you see :gitem::gitem::gitem: aka 3 of that exact same emoji in a row, anywhere in the entire forum except the Lorule Lounge and Mature Discussion. The first person to tell me where they found the idol earns it, and the emojis will immediately be removed. You will receive additional instructions after you have earned and given proof of you earning the idol. Also, later in the game there may be another way of getting an idol.

All Outside communication must be put on record. It must be in discord (or Quicktopic) for access after endgame. The game moderator and the comod must be included in all conversations.

Any questions may be asked freely and I will do my best to answer them.

There will be no replacements. If you cannot complete the game, you lose.

Tribes are assigned randomly

Here are a few resources for anyone who doesn't know about Survivor:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239195/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(U.S._TV_series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(franchise)

Without any further things to say, here are your randomly assigned tribes:

Chakotay Tribe:

@funnier6
@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Krow
@PancakeSamurai
@Musicfan
@Tristan

Tuvok Tribe:

@Bok Chan Sama
@Doc
@Stormageden747
@Minish_Link
@Dizzi
@A Link In Time

The first challenge will happen sometime in the next couple IRL days. Until then, I suggest you get to know your tribe and begin a play of action.

I will make the tribe chats, but you may make any other chats with any other players that you wish. For example, if I was in a tribe with Satan and Mases, but I only wanted to talk with Mases, I would create a conversation on discord with Mases, and not include Satan. Remember, any conversation you make must include both me and domo.

If you have any questions, PM domo or me.

BEGIN!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Challenge Day 1

For this first challenge of Survivor Season 2, your tribes will be hunting for emojis! That’s right, it’s a website search!

As a tribe, you will work together to find the most of the :bubsy::bubsy::bubsy: emojis that are scattered all across ZD (There must be 3 in a row for it to count)

When you find one, write down which thread you found it in, so domo and I can verify

The first tribe to find all emojis wins. If they are not all found in 24 hours, the tribe with the most emojis wins. In the unlikely event of a tie, the next person to report a new spotted emoji wins the challenge for their tribe.

If you have any question(s) PM either Domo or me.

Survivors Ready? GO!

Challenge ends at 5pm PST (8 EST)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
To clarify:

It must be 3 bubsy emojis in a row in one post, it may be anywhere in the forum except mafia, MD, and LL, and the example doesn't count

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Tuvok tribe...

WINS IMMUNITY and is safe from the vote.

Chakotay tribe, you will now enter tribal council.

In tribal council, you vote for who you wish to be kicked off your tribe and eliminated. Vote in secret after careful discussion with whomever you wish. Send your vote within 24 hours to Domo and I in a private discord chat and answer these questions publicly in this chat. Remember, just because you lost the challenge, doesn't mean you will be the loser next time, or even voted out this tribal. If you were on the winning tribe, do not answer these questions.

1- Has much conversation happened around camp?

2- Do you have a plan?

3- Are clear alliances starting to form?

4- How hard do you think it is for your tribe to be able to bounce back from this defeat?

All votes are due at 8pm PST (11 EST) tomorrow, 7/18/18. Remember, not voting is punishable by being kicked from the next challenge. VOTE WHEN YOU ARE READY (But not after the deadline)

In the meantime, I suggest you all get to know each other. Socialize, learn about their lives, create an alliance maybe...

I will read the votes when they are all in, and whomever receives the most loses and will be kicked from their tribe discord conversation.

Good luck

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Moderate conversation. We haven't been too talkative yet honestly, but it's still early.

2- Do you have a plan?

Not yet.

:shrugs:

4- How hard do you think it is for your tribe to be able to bounce back from this defeat?

Not hard at all, we had that in the bag, we had like all 34 of the bubsys in Yiga's and Domo's threads before the Tuvok tribe did. And then I found the one in Yiga's post in the Males vs Females game. But I had to go to bed, real life happens, you know? I'm sure if I stayed up we would have won.

funnier6

Courage~

I guess.

2- Do you have a plan?

Mhm.

Seems like it.

Depends on what and when the next challenge is.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Not a ton, but a fair bit I suppose. Most of what I've seen was for the challenge.

2- Do you have a plan?
I do

Ya, I think so

We can recover. We have some smart players, so I feel pretty good going into the next challenge.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
1 some what
2 not to have a plan and wing it.
3there are some.
4it should be easy as long as we have an idea of what to do.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Votes are in, everyone!

Krow
Krow
Krow
Pancake
Pancake
Krow

The first person voted out of Survivor: Forums Apart...
Krow
It's time for you to go. Please leave the Chakotay tribe chat and all other Survivor related private chats

Well, if anything is learned from what has happened here tonight, it's that troops must be rallied in large numbers in order to gain the correct result. You're never safe in a game of lies...

Goodnight.

It is now Day 2. Day 2's challenge will begin Saturday, 7/21 at around 12pm PST (3 EST).

I suggest you all keep getting to know each other and start making those vital connections so that if you do fail the challenge, you will be safe at tribal...

@Musicfan
@PancakeSamurai
@Tristan
@Bok Chan Sama
@funnier6
@Minish_Link
@A Link In Time
@Doc
@Dizzi
@Spiritual Mask Salesman
@Stormageden747
@Krow

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
For the Second Challenge of Survivor Season 2, you will have to test your knowledge!... Of your tribe.

For this challenge, each tribe member is given 5 questions about another tribe member. Every tribe member will have a different subject of their questions. The tribe who won the last challenge must sit out a tribe member for even teams. This person will not have any questions asked about him/her, and will not answer any questions either, forfeiting the chance to earn a secret advantage earned only by getting the most answers correct, and the subject of the first winner’s questions.

For every question answered correctly, you earn 1 point for your team. For every question skipped, no points will be awarded for your tribe. For every question answered incorrectly, a point is deducted for your tribe. The tribe with the most points wins.

You have 24 hours to answer your questions.

Tuvok tribe, you must sit out a player to even the teams. Please announce this in the regular thread on the forums where you are now reading this.

If you have any question(s), PM either Domo or me.

Survivors Ready? GO!

All players will be DMed 5 questions about a random member of their tribe. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS OR ANSWER QUESTIONS TO BENEFIT YOUR TRIBE AT THIS TIME (Meaning I can't just ask domo what his favorite animal is to get the answer correct and stuff like that)

Please wait a moment as I send out the questions. It may take a little while

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom