• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
We just gotta keep on Standin'

Anyway, only 38 days until it's release! It is a shame nintendo is refusing to market this game....
We're stuck on a different planet

Ha,ha can't wait^^. I know how you feel, if it's not Mario or Zelda they just don't care. -_-

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I must say... With the recent rumor of Lyn's costume being censored(albeit not being a big deal)... But that couple with the stupid name change for testament... I worry for the localization of this game..... I really hope they don't remove this games philosophical and religious overtones.... That would ruin a Takahashi game, definitely..... That would ruin all the depth that is achieved in this game, and I am genuinely scared for that.

A preview embargo will be lifted on the 13th of November.
Thanks for that.
That's good news to hear. But one would question Nintendo only giving the review copies 1 week before the embargo is lifted. One week one would think is not enough to really get into a Xenoblade game. I would have thought 2 weeks would have been a more appropriate time frame. Still I'll be glad to read the reviews when they come out.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Thanks for that.
That's good news to hear. But one would question Nintendo only giving the review copies 1 week before the embargo is lifted. One week one would think is not enough to really get into a Xenoblade game. I would have thought 2 weeks would have been a more appropriate time frame. Still I'll be glad to read the reviews when they come out.
Theres a huge difference between a preview embargo, and a review embargo.
Preview embargos merely allows the media to talk about the game so far, show a little bit of footage, and give first impressions. A lot of things are still locked under preview embargos

Like I said earlier, the media will get about a months time with the game before they can review it.

Theres a huge difference between a preview embargo, and a review embargo.
Preview embargos merely allows the media to talk about the game so far, show a little bit of footage, and give first impressions. A lot of things are still locked under preview embargos

Like I said earlier, the media will get about a months time with the game before they can review it.
A month, that's better. But you can sure the internet will be flooded with info the second the preview embargo is lifted. People will have it all ready just waiting for the embargo to press the "post to my website" button. I do think a month is a decent time to formulate a review. These kind of games (Skyrim and Fallout 4 are similar types) need nime to make proper reviews. A 2 day play and write rush job will not even scratch the surface of these games.

I am interested as to if the localisation removed anything major apart from the skimpy outfits. I hope the core religious and other sotry bits are kept in the NA and EU localisations.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Takahashi loves making references from religious outlooks and mythological folklore ("Galahad" is from Norse myth, I believe). I was doing some impromptu reading a while back, and came upon this article. Take a look at the Contents table; you might notice a familiar name. Yup, Yaldabaoth is a pseudo-deity who's overconfident in his own power, denying the existence of all other godheads. It's the perfect metaphor for how Egil assumes that the Monado can't touch him after he seals its potentiality.

Now look under the Henology section. There, it says that the Monad (Monado) is the power source for the Demiurge (or "creator"; Zanza). In some nebulous way, the Monad is capable of shaping the consciousness so much that it "overflows", an obvious inspiration for the way that the Monado can directly dictate future events.

I love throwbacks to philosophy/history in general. It's partially why Takahashi is one of my favorite story writers, right behind Gen UroButcher.

Last edited:
Courtesy of Nintendo

12185499_548527831971021_136887484486293996_o.jpg

This is the PAL Limited Edition.

VaABOUc.jpg

This is the NA Limited Edition we already know about to compare.

A little comparison PAL to NTSC special editions.

1rrFO96.jpg

* The Solus Software we assume is just the game but most retailers are listing it as a separate item to “Xenoblade Chronicles X game”. So it’s anyone’s guess if this is the game itself which we think it is or not. The NA Limited edition makes no mention of this though.

Also note well, both versions are getting an artbook, but they are not the same. The NA artbook is said to have more content. If it's the entire content of the PAL artbook plus more or just different content, we shall wait and see.

We will compare the different versions as some of us are getting the NA one and some of us are getting the PAL one.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would say that overall..... The voice acting in XCX is really, really good. Lyn and Elma are pretty much perfect. I love that they brought the VA for Fiora as a choice for Cross as well. I just cannot wait until I can get my hands on the game....

Also... I really love the sly reference to "We Got A Good Rhythm Going!"

Last edited:

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I would say that overall..... The voice acting in XCX is really, really good. Lyn and Elma are pretty much perfect. I love that they brought the VA for Fiora as a choice for Cross as well. I just cannot wait until I can get my hands on the game....

Also... I really love the sly reference to "We Got A Good Rhythm Going!"

OH MY GOD:seizure:! That is Carina Reeves voice:D! That's great that she's voice acting in another xenoblade game^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom