• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Legend of Zelda: TP Icon found in Wii U e-Shop

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Until I see it, I'm assuming it's not a thing and probably just a mistake. I have enough disappointments from Nintendo that I don't really look into anything now.

The Wind Waker HD bundle came with a digital version of the Hyrule Historia. So I assume TPHD would use that as well.

Except there is actual text in the Wii u EShop labeled "Twilight Princess HD". That is pretty much definitive proof that this is a remake.

Also, you are forgetting that Nintendo was on crack this E3.
Nintendo made almost no move to make anyone happy... Else they should have shown titles such as Pokken, shown more of Xenoblade X and Fatal Frame..... Also, MM3D was not shown at E3 2014 as well, it came completely out of the blue, much like TPHD is doing. However, I think it is very possible that TPHD was slated a 2016 release originally for Zelda's 30th anniversary. Then, Nintendo completely lost their presence this holiday, so they shifted more resources to TPHD to make it up to both fans, and have a decent title for the holidays.
Yes but you're missing one vital point: right now Nintendo seems to do the opposite of everything I say, so if I want an HD remake I gotta say there's no way in hell they'd make one.

Big rumour that a Direct will air on 21st and will reveal TPhd and will have a release date for January 22nd 2016...
All we know for certain is there will be an extended maintenance / WiiU and 3DS shop update on the 19th of October. I think something will be added then. I ahve not read any direct rumours for the 21st though. I'll have to see if I can find any and link them back here.

Last edited:
That seems a little too specific to be random waffle. Either it's complete BS or it's very plausible. Call me crazy, but I think a lot of that is very plausible. I'd be hapy with a direct like that.
Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah I've pulled it apart over and over and it is either one or the other given how specific it is, but it does all sound very plausible.

Yeah I've pulled it apart over and over and it is either one or the other given how specific it is, but it does all sound very plausible.
"Super Mario Maker is getting some free DLC packs. It will start with a beach pack after the presentation."
This is plausible as the angry sun and other elements (that roughly fit a sunny day or beach theme) have been datamined in Super Mario Maker.

What bugged me was the Animal Crossing game. It feels like a proper AC game could run for a full console lifespan like New Leaf on the 3DS, releasing an AC game on the wiiU in the shadow of the NX seems... Odd.

BUT with happy home designer and the amiibo cards and figures, a wiiU game would be able to make use of all of that so it may not be as out of place and the NX will probably be BC anyway so the online functions of a WiiU AC would still work I imagine.

But that was the only thing I could really find a problem with. Everything else sounds like it could happen.

Last we heard about pikmin4 was that it is nearly complete. I can see it as a wiiU title, Nintendo consoles almost never have a good launch line up so I think every game we currently know about will be for the U.

Nintendo still have to float the wiiU until the NX releases so I think the U will get support up until zeldaU so even though this rumour might be completely fake, it still has the most merit that I've seen in a long time.

Last we heard about pikmin4 was that it is nearly complete. I can see it as a wiiU title, Nintendo consoles almost never have a good launch line up so I think every game we currently know about will be for the U.

Nintendo still have to float the wiiU until the NX releases so I think the U will get support up until zeldaU so even though this rumour might be completely fake, it still has the most merit that I've seen in a long time.

Having a Pikman game for two consoles is not unheard of. Gamecube had Pikman and Pikman 2 with Pikman 2 also being released for the Wii. So I guess a WiiU release is not impossible, but I think Pikman 4 would be a better release for the NX. WiiU will still have Pokken Tournament and Star Fox Zero eventually, and if the the Twilight Princess HD leak turns out to be be true, then that's another game for the WiiU. Isn't that enough 1st party games to keep the WiiU at least selling until the NX comes out? Of course that depends on when the NX is planning on being released.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Having a Pikman game for two consoles is not unheard of. Gamecube had Pikman and Pikman 2 with Pikman 2 also being released for the Wii. So I guess a WiiU release is not impossible, but I think Pikman 4 would be a better release for the NX. WiiU will still have Pokken Tournament and Star Fox Zero eventually, and if the the Twilight Princess HD leak turns out to be be true, then that's another game for the WiiU. Isn't that enough 1st party games to keep the WiiU at least selling until the NX comes out? Of course that depends on when the NX is planning on being released.
This is incorrect.
Pikmin 2 was a GameCube exclusive. It did not come as a dual release for the Wii.
However, it was eventually remade after Pikmin 1's remake for the game, however that one was Japan exclusive.

This is incorrect.
Pikmin 2 was a GameCube exclusive. It did not come as a dual release for the Wii.
However, it was eventually remade after Pikmin 1's remake for the game, however that one was Japan exclusive.

Are you sure? Because my friends is playing it right now on the Wii... And here is a picture of the box art
i_33662.jpg

And this is a Nintendo select so it must have sold earlier for the Wii, right? Maybe it was a port?

More potential proof has been found for TPhd.

After the investors meeting today Nintendo released an image featuring a cast of their most famous characters in familiar poses.

Mario, Yoshi, bowser, peach, donkey Kong and more featured in this picture and we all recognise their familiar styles and poses... All but one, Link.

Link features too and is striking a pose from Twilight Princess artwork... But we've not seen this Link model before. Its TP Link but he looks different, his clothes are brighter and more detailed and his facial features look more dynamic.

Could this be the model they're gonna be using for TPHD?

Attachments

• Twitter136e478.jpg
    Twitter136e478.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom