• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where does everyone poop?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is one single toilet in MM, one in SS. But none in TP, WW and OOT.

Where does everyone go? Even in the games where there is a toilet, having a reasonable sized community would mean there would be times when it was unavailable for long periods.

My guess is that in OOT and TP even MM, people do their business into a chamber pot and throw it into the streets out of their window. It was common practice before toilets became widespread, so I imagine that a society that is not that advanced such as those in Zelda, would use a similar method. That makes Hyrule castle town and Clock town seem just that little bit less appealing now knowing that had the developers decided to give an accurate representation everyone would be sloshing around in fae-ces. I could probably make another thread about how poor hygene would have been in Hyrules settlements. I mean a shower once a month is considered clean for them. Towns in hyrule are certainly not places you would want to live.

In SS however, should you not be a member of the academy who have access to a lone toilet, As a regular townsman or woman of skyloft you have an island to empty your chamber pot off, the contents never to be seen again, leaving the streets clean of human waste. Out of all the places Skyloft is probably the cleanest. Gaepora even takes regular baths so it is possible hygiene is more popular up there.

Dan

I imagine people in Skyloft poop off the side of the land. Every other game it's clear people will poop near a sleeping Deku baba so that when it wakes up it will eat and thus dispose of the waste.

Reactions: Dio

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Maybe they eat it?

Just kidding, they probably just go in the nearby woods, and maybe we just can't see the toilets in the other games because they're in areas we're unable to access.

In the woods I guess. I mean why would anyone wanna do their business when they run the risk of getting groped by a disembodied hand that fell to its doom in the toilet? In one of the Oracle games, I think Ages? You can fall to your death via toilet.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
In skyward sword, when their septic tanks get full, they dump them off the side. You can imagine what happened when they descended to the surface.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I imagine people in Skyloft poop off the side of the land. Every other game it's clear people will poop near a sleeping Deku baba so that when it wakes up it will eat and thus dispose of the waste.

I imagine they don't actually squat and go right on the edge of the land. One little nudge of a breeze or something and you and your poop are falling to the surface. And there's no way a loftwing is going to go out of its way to swoop in and get you when you've got a log half way out of your butt.

I imagine they do their business in a bucket or something and then chuck it off the islands. No wonder the Kikwis buried their faces into the ground and had giant plants on their backs.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If I were a Skyloftian, I'd pay my respects to the almighty goddess Hylia by taking a massive dump right at the foot of her massive statue.

Everyone else, however, probably does it in a bucket and then tosses it into the river or something. I mean, the river is already contaminated due to King Zora's fat ass sitting at its source all day (Zora Butt Water <3), so I imagine they just dump their poop in there because #dontcare

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I imagine they don't actually squat and go right on the edge of the land. One little nudge of a breeze or something and you and your poop are falling to the surface. And there's no way a loftwing is going to go out of its way to swoop in and get you when you've got a log half way out of your butt.

I imagine they do their business in a bucket or something and then chuck it off the islands. No wonder the Kikwis buried their faces into the ground and had giant plants on their backs.
I was gonna say the same thing. Take a dump in a bag and throw it off the island

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
*reads title* Have none of y'all heard of a toilet?

*checks subforum* Oh. Well in Medieval times excrement was often chucked out the nearest available window (at least in cities). For this reason houses at higher elevations were more valued (this also gave rise to the expression "sh!t flows downhill.")

Dan

No they don't! They go to the edge of the island because there's that sense of danger which gives them thrills, putting it in a bag would be boring and most likely lead them all into depression as they already all lead boring lives. I'm telling you poop edging is the bread and butter of their society.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
No they don't! They go to the edge of the island because there's that sense of danger which gives them thrills, putting it in a bag would be boring and most likely lead them all into depression as they already all lead boring lives. I'm telling you poop edging is the bread and butter of their society.

I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom