• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As much as I like getting days off, I strongly dislike getting told flat out that I was going to be keeping my full time position then suddenly getting my hours cut drastically. Might be time to start looking for a new job, but it's only been 4 months. Ugh.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Oh no. It looks like "firstable", "secondable" and possibly "thirdable" might be on their way into the English language. Why? This needs to stop right now. I'm all for evolution of language but to me this just seems ridiculous.

BuzzFeed article on the topic (has some coarse language to it).

Oh no. It looks like "firstable", "secondable" and possibly "thirdable" might be on their way into the English language. Why? This needs to stop right now. I'm all for evolution of language but to me this just seems ridiculous.

BuzzFeed articleon the topic (has some coarse language to it).

There is no ultimate authority of the English language, it is a constantly evolving thing, always changing. So if people are already using those words, then they are already a part of the language no matter what anyone else says.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
There is no ultimate authority of the English language, it is a constantly evolving thing, always changing. So if people are already using those words, then they are already a part of the language no matter what anyone else says.

OK, I'll give you that one. They don't seem to be in common usage yet so until then, I shall avoid using them and keep silently grumbling to myself.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
US-MH-Virus-Template-N-AMMCR.png

Laptop just gave me this. Fan-****ing-tastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom