• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Do you like it or hate it? I feel like the secret aspect of it is rather annoying but apart from that it's a good idea, gives you a chance to bone up on your skills. If you come to it from Legend Mode Link generally suffices with his Master Sword. My link is lvl 40 at the moment, and he does nicely for the generic levels.

How about you guys

I think it's amazing. The only thing people need to know is there is a barrier to entry. Your average level 20 hero with a low end weapon just will not cut it. But if you grind free mode up level up your characters and get some semi ok weapons before you start then you're ok and can work towards the better weapons you find in Adventure Mode.

I've actually just stumbled in to Adventure mode with low level characters. I get the B scores pretty easily and some A scores, but some levels I've attempted 4-5 times now and still haven't been able to get the A rank. Still in the beginning stages of Adventure mode as well. Then again none of my characters have been properly levelled.

Do you get more Exp in Free Mode than in Legend mode?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If you need more exp get weapons with the slot+ and stars+ on them and then pound away till you get EXP+ on a wep those are normally good for things. Also if you are desperate I'd go for the training dojo thing, giant use or rupees but then again if you are like me you probably have over 500k after finishing legend mode.

I hate the Rankings on adventure mode from what i have seen in level 1 areas you need to have at least 1200 KOo's under 20 minutes and maybe 5000 damage or less for A rank. On level 3 areas it seems at least 1500 KO's maybe 15 minutes though likely 10 in reality and virtually no damage. For A rank.

What really irritates me is if you have AAB for your scores your overall rank is a B. I don't mind this in terms of advancing but when you are trying to perfect each level it gets rather annoying. Fast.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The concept of adventure mode is cool. You got the retro map, the sprites and the whole finding out secrets is a nice twist.

In terms of ranking, i got used to it. Need a minimum of 1200 KO's and clear the map within 15 minutes. Don't know the exact limit of damage. Im guessing 4 or 5 hearts or something.

My problem is, that you have to level up ALL characters if you wanna unlock their weapons and heart pieces. Most of the time you gotta A rank those weapon quests to unlock it. Ok leveling up is one thing, but then you gotta work on each characters badges too.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yea that can be really annoying. Darunia is probably the most useless character yet. Was doing one of the squares where you have to fight 2 manhandla at once. Took me 3 goes with him Ugh. You are forced to use him too

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So what's the issue with that. The biggest thing you'd need to grind at most is one character and rupees for the training of the others.

If you need more exp get weapons with the slot+ and stars+ on them and then pound away till you get EXP+ on a wep those are normally good for things. Also if you are desperate I'd go for the training dojo thing, giant use or rupees but then again if you are like me you probably have over 500k after finishing legend mode.

I hate the Rankings on adventure mode from what i have seen in level 1 areas you need to have at least 1200 KOo's under 20 minutes and maybe 5000 damage or less for A rank. On level 3 areas it seems at least 1500 KO's maybe 15 minutes though likely 10 in reality and virtually no damage. For A rank.

What really irritates me is if you have AAB for your scores your overall rank is a B. I don't mind this in terms of advancing but when you are trying to perfect each level it gets rather annoying. Fast.

According to the game guides and what I have experienced myself in Adventure mode the cut off for A rank is the following

Time: under14 or 15 minutes.
KO's: over 1200
Damage you've received: under 4000 (not sure how many hearts it is, but it's damage taken, healing your damage doesn't reduce this all, so if you're going for A ranking, the little hearts are useless to you.)

The kill X in 10 minute levels seem to be 7 minutes for A rank.
The everything dies in one shot levels, I'm not sure of the time required there, probably the same as above. You just can't be hit once on those levels. Pretty easy if you keep moving and only use the bow and arrow on the pack leaders and leave all the hordes alone. If you keep moving they wont hit you.

And for the secrets. Knowing where they all are is pretty easy if you think about. I'll put it in spoiler tags for those who don't want to be told.
The water bombs and ice arrows are pretty obvious when to use those. All the rest of the items, the secrets are in the exact same places as in the 1st quest of Zelda 1. Even the whistle to drain the lake for level 7

My big issue with adventure mode is the weapons are A rank required and not just completion required. And yes you need a fast kill speed to A rank most levels. Because it's all RNG.
When will King Dodongo open it's mouth so you can throw bombs in? When will any boss or enemy show it's weak point so you can slam it? You need some good luck there or a reasonably high level/weapon to attack enemies outside their weak points.

I have done about half of Adventure mode so far. A ranked most stages. Only a few I can't A rank (of the ones I've tried so far.) I was lucky enough to get a 420 damage 8-Bit sword near the end on legend mode (I beat all the Legend stages 3x over (easy/normal/hard) before I hit adventure mode. But some of the non Link stages are tough.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I've snagged all characters and i will say Manhandla makes for the worst battles. Damn thing is fast enough to keep up with you and can dish out severe damage if you are unprepared. One mission is in Eldin Caves and it has Manhandla spawning as well as the majority of the characters.

I will say this People Level up both Fi and Zelda they are the worst to use and both their missions are nightmares. Fi has one where she MUST fight 3 imprisoned at once and Zelda has a giant battle full of monster and she SUUUUUCKS.

If you want all weapons Such as the Great fairy for link then you must battle as Zelda.

I think i may have to redo the main campaign in free mode to get all the stuff i may need.

In conclusion i hate those freaking giant bosses. From easy to hard: King Dodongo, Gohma and then Manhandla. At least you can halt Gohma's attack if you are fast enough. Manhandla just steam rolls you.

I've snagged all characters and i will say Manhandla makes for the worst battles. Damn thing is fast enough to keep up with you and can dish out severe damage if you are unprepared. One mission is in Eldin Caves and it has Manhandla spawning as well as the majority of the characters.

I will say this People Level up both Fi and Zelda they are the worst to use and both their missions are nightmares. Fi has one where she MUST fight 3 imprisoned at once and Zelda has a giant battle full of monster and she SUUUUUCKS.

If you want all weapons Such as the Great fairy for link then you must battle as Zelda.

I think i may have to redo the main campaign in free mode to get all the stuff i may need.

In conclusion i hate those freaking giant bosses. From easy to hard: King Dodongo, Gohma and then Manhandla. At least you can halt Gohma's attack if you are fast enough. Manhandla just steam rolls you.

The worst part about all the giant bosses (and everything else in the game) is all the waiting. It's so random when it's weak point will appear so you can use your item on it. This randomness can just kill some levels time wise and prevent you easily getting A Rank. I find this worst when fighting the other playable characters. And the giant bosses are not too hard if you target them, circle strafe them and dodge lots. You can't be hit while dodging. So you basically just dodge right through their attacks. I find the other playable characters harder to beat. Usually you have other enemies to fight at the same time and dealing with the lot at once, quickly and taking little damage is quite hard.

For me the worst characters in the game are Ruto and Midina. Their attacks and combos are just really garbage. Also Lana's stick is bad too. I still can't get the A rank for her level 3 stick. I've tried a lot and I just fail every time.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yea Deku stick is god awful, I don't like Midna for the simple fact all her moves take ages to do and it is easy to cut in, Ruto just sucks. For character bosses smack them til they shield then dodge rinse and repeat. It really doesn't take long to kill them like that. At the moment i am stuck on 3/4 missions. One is by Ganondorf and i need A rank for the Level 3 Great Blades and to continue on into the final area. One is by Zelda and it need A for the 2nd level of the Baton I need to do this to get Great Fairy. One is by Darunia which is a two army battle and really awkward. The Final one is done by Fi which is a defend Ally base type of battle Really loathing Fi.

Ganondorf isn't bad if you can get his moves off but meh. Same with Darunia, and Zelda tends to be all irritating every few seconds. Fi is well Fi and i hate her.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm very happy with Adventure Mode so far. I haven't even finished Legend Mode yet so I've come across some very difficult stages (including one where I have to fight Ruto, Darunia and Gohma, all with high morale, as Ruto - I agree she's pretty awful). Boss attack RNG is pretty bad, just spamming dodge until they do the right attack. I also agree that searching is annoying, but it does make things more interesting, so idk.

...stop hating on Fi she's awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom