• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Remake on the Way?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I THINK SO. It's gotta be kinda official now with this lovely realization:
majoras-mask-640x359.jpg
Come on. Majora's Mask visible in ALBW? This is the exact kind of thing Nintendo would do to let us know that Majora's Mask 3D is on the way. Which would also explain why earlier when asked about Majora's Mask 3D, Aonuma just laughed because in his sneaky head he knew that the project was already underway.

Salem

SICK
I don't think that's a confirmation, the only thing I interpret is that they DON'T know if they want to make a MM remake or not.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Yeahhhh.... I don't think that this is a confirmed thing. But I would be pretty happy with an HD Remake on the Wii U. Majors Mask in HD.... OH MY LORD THE MOON.

I guess this could be indication that something is in the works, but it's not decisive. I mean the Book of Mudora made a cameo in Ocarina of Time 3D and now we're getting a game related to A Link to the Past, the game this book debuted in. It definitely doesn't mean we will get Majora's Mask 3D and that this is just pure coincidence(even though Operation Moonfall have been begging for it to happen), but this cameo could be a plausible hint.

Last edited:

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
So in a series that constantly references itself suddenly this one reference means the confirmation of a remake? Somehow I don't think so.

I'm actually more concerned with the reason why, in that picture, a lot of main items are lined up as if for sale...

The system is that you rent items to finish the dungeon, and the you can buy them.

MW7

It's definitely a way for Nintendo to say that they hear us, but I'm not sure if they're making it right now. Every day that passes I become more and more sure that we will get some form of MM again eventually. I think Nintendo notices that this is one project that fans themselves will advertise so the longer they wait the more people who will be aware of it. I think they are just saving the game as sort of a rainy day fund for when they don't have other good ideas.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Guys I'm not even a big fan of the MM remake idea. But why would Nintendo choose to put a reference to the biggest requested remake out of the Zelda games in its new game on the system that people are requesting the remake to be on? Majora's Mask is just far too obscure of a cameo to be randomly placed into the new game. I think it has to mean something

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I doubt it. It's probably just an easter egg just like the Tingle Statue in Skyward Sword. I really hope they make an MM remake (2nd Greatest Game Eva!), but I doubt this is a particular signal of it's coming.

I highly doubt it's anything more than an easter egg. Majora's Mask is fine the way it is anyway.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
No, that mask on the wall is just an easter egg, probably. The chances of them remaking Majora's Mask are very slim, especially because the game wasn't originally intended to exist, and it was kind of rushed, if you know what I'm talking about.

It would be nice if they did that, but they probably aren't. I don't expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom