• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline Theory

Point being, it wouldn't have mattered to him. Yeah, you're right, LA can go anywhere, based on what Miyamoto said, so I get you're point. Don't think I'm stupid and don't know anything because of that though.

No no dont get me wrong I dont think youre stupid just making sure deity didnt take it as absolute fact when in all respects it is not but could be

In the general aspect of things though, it makes MOST sense as a direct sequel to ALttP, that's why I put it there.

Well again thats your opinion but I place 4 games between ALttP and LA at this point in time (those being LoZ/AoL--OoX) but again I could be wrong and so could you and so could everyone els could be an unreleased game who knows

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
i wouldnt say your wrong with OoX after AlttP because at the beginning of OoX you get the triforce. same as the ending in AlttP

i wouldnt say your wrong with OoX after AlttP because at the beginning of OoX you get the triforce. same as the ending in AlttP

At the beginning of OoX the Triforce in in Hyrule castle and teleports to to either Holodrum or Labrynna. You don't actually GET the Triforce...

L

Link360

I have 2 things
1. Nintendo said that there is no time line
2. there is no split time line the seconed link went back to the past he was back next to zelda

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
At the beginning of OoX the Triforce in in Hyrule castle and teleports to to either Holodrum or Labrynna. You don't actually GET the Triforce...

at the begging of OoX impa ALSO states that you have the mark of the triforce on your hand meaning he got it. and link360 not to bash you but wherever you heard that they're lying.

I have 2 things
1. Nintendo said that there is no time line
2. there is no split time line the seconed link went back to the past he was back next to zelda

No offense, but you really need to do your research. Nintendo has said MANY times that there is a timeline. They have told us many things about where certain games go on the timeline, INCLUDING about the split. Aounuma, the guy who writes the stories for the games ever since MM, confirmed the Split Timeline.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
ok here is my new timeline sofar with proof people have given me. if you say sometings wrong with it then give me proof.
LoZ-AoL
/ ..........................................................MM - TP
\ ........................................................./
MC - FS/FSA - Alttp - OoS - OoA - LA - OoT
...........................................................\
.............................................................WW - PH

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I can't tell if you have the split at the end of your timeline or at the beginning...

ok here is my new timeline sofar with proof people have given me. if you say sometings wrong with it then give me proof.
LoZ-AoL

OoT was meant to be the Seal War in ALttP. The SW was in the back story of ALttP meaning OoT took place before it. FSA can't go before OoT, because Ganon started out as a man and eventually became bound (or just chose to stay) in his beast form. FSA has the beast form in it, meaning it took place after OoT, which has GanonDORF in it as a man.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
first the "split" at the beginning showing that i believe that LoZ and AoL are on a different timeline. and hayzer for one at the end of OoT ganon is transformed back into ganondorf. and second hayzer (and tingle) if you want me to believe that what you say is true then your going to have to give me a link to where nintendo states all the stuff you've said

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
first the "split" at the beginning showing that i believe that LoZ and AoL are on a different timeline. and hayzer for one at the end of OoT ganon is transformed back into ganondorf. and second hayzer (and tingle) if you want me to believe that what you say is true then your going to have to give me a link to where nintendo states all the stuff you've said

I will just make it easy on you and give you the evidence that is against your timeline in one, nice, long post. Have fun reading this one.

LoZ-AoL

First of all, Miyamoto said a long time back, before the timeline split existed, that the order was OoT-LoZ/AoL-ALTTP. Many others speculate that ALTTP is supposed to be a prequel to LoZ/AoL because of evidence in the game (it tells the history of Hyrule and the Tirforce) and the lesser evidence that the American and Japanese manuals both heavily imply that it's a prequel to LoZ/AoL.

So, so far, your timeline should play off of the following timeline.

OoT-(ALTTP-)LoZ/AoL-(ALTTP) with ALTTP in parenthesis because of its debated placement.

After that, MM was created which is an obvious, direct sequel to OoT so I shouldn't have to tell you where that game takes place.

When WW came out, Miyamoto and Aunouma confirmed the split timeline. They made it clear that OoT lead into 2 different timelines. Adult Link seals Ganondorf away leading into the adult timeline(AT), and then Adult Link gets sent back to his childhood (becoming Kid Link again) and tells Zelda about his adventures so that they can stop Ganondorf's plans before they even get started which leads into the child timeline(CT).

The split has been confirmed. When MM came out, it was obvious that it was a direct sequel to the child part of OoT, since it is the same Link. WW's BS talks about the adult part of OoT in which the hero of time defeats and seals Ganon. The hero of time does not exist on the CT and the events spoken of in the BS only portray the adult part of OoT which means WW has to be on the AT. PH is an obvious direct sequel to WW so we know where that game goes without any debate.

Your timeline should start out looking something like this so far.

........WW/PH
OoT<
......../MM

Then, when TP was released, Miyamoto specifically said that WW takes place 100 and something years after the adult ending of OoT and that TP was parallel to that taking place 100 and something years after the child ending of OoT. This means that TP is no the child timeline.

Your timeline should look like this so far.

........WW/PH
OoT<
......../MM-TP

Now the reason we know that no games go in between OoT and WW is because of WW's BS. It says that when Ganon escaped his seal, the people prayed for the Hero of Time to return, but he didn't show. Because he didn't show, the Goddesses flooded Hyrule to protect it from Ganon. The fact that it was flooded when the Hero of Time didn't come back is an obvious indication that no other Links lived between the 2 games. It only talks about one previous hero and heavily implies that there was no hero after OoT and before WW. If there was, the goddesses wouldn't have had to flood Hyrule. Also, another piece of evidence that confirms the split is the fact that the Hero of Time didn't show up when Ganon escaped. He didn't show up because after he sealed Ganon, Zelda sent him back to his childhood. The BS of WW even says that after Ganon was sealed, the hero disappeared. That's why, because he was essentially sent to the CT (child timeline).

Most people believe that the AT ends with PH (or ST since that game is confirmed to take place after PH). This would put all of the other games somewhere on the CT, but we will get into where those games go in a minute. For now we will only look at games that I have previously discussed.

With the transition of the Master Sword in OoT, TP and ALTTP, it seems quite clear that ALTTP is supposed to be apart of the CT (which means that LoZ/AoL are, as well). What I mean by "the transition of the Master Sword" is this.

-In OoT, the Master Sword is in the Temple of Time.
-In TP, the Master Sword is in the ruins of the Temple of Time with the Lost Woods seemingly growing around the ruins.
-In ALTTP, the Master Sword is in the Lost Woods.

The progression of the placement of the Master Sword is very clear between those games. Another reason why many believe that ALTTP goes before LoZ and AoL is because neither of those games has the Master Sword in them. According to ALTTP, that game is supposed to be the last game that the Master Sword is used. At the end of the game there is a line that says "this is where the Master Sword will rest....forever!!" or something of that affect.

Anyway, this new information mixed with the original timeline I posted should have your timeline looking like this so far.

........WW/PH-ST
OoT<
......../MM-TP-(ALTTP-)LoZ/AoL-(ALTTP)
With ALTTP still in parenthesis even though I think it's clear that it goes before LoZ/AoL.

Now for the tricky stuff. The Four Swords series seems to be completely cut off from the rest of the series except for FSA. FSA is the only game of the series with Ganon/dorf mentioned and having him be the antagonist. He gets sealed in the Four Sword at the end of the game which many believe leads into ALTTP. The retconned ALTTP has the Palace of the Four Sword in it, which holds 4 seemingly broken off pieces of the Four Sword. This seems to be a clear indication that Ganon was once sealed in the Four Sword and then escaped. The only game he was sealed in the Four Sword in was FSA so it seems clear that FSA is a prequel to ALTTP. Also, the 2 games have a very similar geography of Hyrule.

So this is what your timeline should look like as of now.

........WW/PH-ST
OoT<
......../MM-TP-(FSA-ALTTP)-LoZ/AoL-(FSA-ALTTP)

Everything else after this is complete speculation, so I will not get into that as that would all be my own opinion and in no way help you figure out your own timeline.

Just so you get an idea of what the most general timelines look like, these are the basic timelines you will see from any given member on ZD.

........................WW/PH-ST
(MC)-(FS)-OoT<
......................../MM-TP-(MC)-(FS/)FSA-ALTTP/LA-OoX-LoZ/AoL

or

........................WW/PH-ST
(MC)-(FS)-OoT<
......................../MM-TP-(MC)-(FS/)FSA-ALTTP-OoX/LA-LoZ/AoL

or my personal timeline which is

..............WW/PH-ST
MC-OoT<
............./MM-TP-FS/FSA-ALTTP/LA-LoZ/AoL-OoX

Well hopefully this makes you see the error of your ways. Normally I would never use these words but your timeline IS wrong. Creator quotes and obvious in game evidence completely destroys your timeline. I suggest you look at what I have posted and start your timeline from there.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I will just make it easy on you and give you the evidence that is against your timeline in one, nice, long post. Have fun reading this one.

i see where you are coming from so...new timeline!
......WW-PH
...../
OoT
.....\
......MM-TP-FS/FSA-Alttp-OoS-OoA-LA-LoZ-AoL

i say this because i believe that OoS is a direct sequel to AlttP and then goes into OoA

Last edited by a moderator:
i say this because i believe that OoS is a direct sequel to AlttP and then goes into OoA

Your timeline has shaped up, but this quote has a big, or small, problem to it. In OoX (meaning both Oracles), Zelda introduces herself to Link. That means that it can't be a direct sequel, as Zelda already knew Link in ALttP. OoX has to be a different generation Link and Zelda from any other. It can still stay where you have it in the timeline, if you decide to keep it there, but it is not a direct sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom