• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Words That You Can Never Seem To Spell Correctly

Mine include, but are not limited to:
1. Necessary
2. Appropriate
3. Receive

...phew... thank Fenrir for spell check. :sweat:

I will return periodically to post more when my brain is feeling a little better.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Interesting thread... Here are mine:

1. Recommend (I always spell it with two C's instead of two M's)
2. Separate (I always want to do two SepERate)

And that's all I can think of at the moment... There are probably a lot more, though.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Medieval is one word I just can't get right even after using SPell-check. I always spell it "medeival" or some variation of it.

Until recently, I used to misspell weird, spelling it "wierd" not knowing about the "I before E except after..." trick.

Oh, speaking of which, I could never get misspell right until recently; I'd spell it mispell or something like that. ;J

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
1 Government: I say it without the "n" sound in it, so I forget its even there
2. Experiment: For some reason, I remember how to spell it because I thought it looked like the word "expert" only with a mint at the end, so I end up spelling it "experment"
3. Remember: I say "renember". I also can never renemb- I mean, I forget how many "m e" patterns there are & end up spelling it "remememember"

3. Remember: I say "renember". I also can never renemb- I mean, I forget how many "m e" patterns there are & end up spelling it "remememember"

Lol... That's another one that I can never seem to spell correctly. In my case, I always leave out the second "m", especially when typing. (remeber)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Definitely and Guarantee are two words I manage to get wrong every time. Thankfully they both have plenty of synonyms.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I can never seem to spell "answer" right for some reason. Another word I sometimes have issues with is "necessary." I always forget if there are two c's, two s's, or both.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Unfortunately, I can not spell "unfortunately" to save my life XD it comes out "unfortunetley"...thank God for spell checker!
And I also struggle with "necessary", "definitely", and "disappointed/disappointment". Quite frustrating lol!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My spelling is prob the worst of all time.....Thats why I have predictive text always on :P

The word beautiful always confuses me, there are 3 verbs after the first word and I always get them in the wrong order :/ like 'bueatiful' or 'beuatiful' they spellings all look so similar!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
1. Millennium/millennia - This one nearly always gives me trouble. I forget whether it has two l's or two n's, and oftentimes leave one or both letters out of the word. Spell check is what I rely on to correct it.

2. Misspell - Yes, believe it or not this word is hard to get right. But I humorously chide myself by thinking, Misspelled misspell.

3. February - This one is quite obvious; I get stumped by the "r" in the middle. Have a hard time recalling whether it's "Febuary" or the former.

1. Medieval

Medieval is one word I just can't get right even after using SPell-check. I always spell it "medeival" or some variation of it.

Another one I struggle with constantly... Uh. Middle Ages, why you make this word so confusing?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
awkward
toward
vegetable
safety
words that end in ible/able (I always pick the wrong one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom