• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Keep from Skyward Sword

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Here's a quick list of the things from Skyward Sword that I think should become staple in the Zelda series. (Those that would only apply to console Zelda will be marked with an asterisk.)

- Wii MotionPlus*
- Adventure Pouch
- Real-time item menu*
- Upgrade system
- Dungeon-style overworld
- Overworld bosses
- Story-involved main antagonist
- Stamina Gauge
- Action-oriented dungeon bosses
- Improved enemy AI and blocking techniques
- Returning to previous areas
- Returning to previous dungeons
- Improved storytelling

What do you think the series should keep from Skyward Sword?

Edit: Do know that I realize many of these should be improved on in the future.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Here's a quick list of the things from Skyward Sword that I think should become staple in the Zelda series. (Those that would only apply to console Zelda will be marked with an asterisk.)

- Wii MotionPlus*
- Adventure Pouch
- Real-time item menu*
- Upgrade system
- Overworld bosses
- Improved storytelling

^All of this. All of it. The Zelda series better take all of these concepts and bathe in it. I think you put down most of what I was gonna put. :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
-Sprinting
-Upgrade System

Yeah, that's about all that has stand out in my opinion from the rest of new things that SS presented.

Dan

I totally agree with JJ, He's a GOD when it comes to skyward sword. I bet he wears a skyward sword t-shirt, pants, underwear , watch. Has a replica of the skyward sword. Has skyward sword posters all over his wall. A girl he kidnapped in his basement that looks like SS Zelda.

JJfun.png

- Improved storytelling (Well you wouldn't really want a downgrade to the story telling would you)

I wouldn't mind groose returning ;)

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That list of yours is pretty much what I'd like to keep as well. Except perhaps for the Stamina Gauge, I think we could de well without it.

Not sure why you'd say that. It added a lot of strategy to the series.

By the way, what do you mean with this? :hmm:

Dungeon bosses that aren't focused on hitting a weak point & stunning the boss, followed by hacking and slashing the helpless body and repeating. Leave that to the overworld bosses.

Big Octo

=^)
There are a few things that I'd really like to see return:
  • Returning to Dungeons
  • Upgrade System
  • Sprinting

- Wii MotionPlus*
- Adventure Pouch
- Real-time item menu*
- Upgrade system
- Overworld bosses
- Stamina Gauge
-
- Improved storytelling

All of these! with some, such as the upgrade system being...upgraded! :p

Returning to zones is fine also as long as something new is added :)

Here's what I'd keep via some edits

-Upgrade the upgrading system (aside from looking different, what did upgrading the bow do?)

-Stamina gauge, but don't make it count for everything, like the spin attacks, or at least let us get more out of it.

Aaaaaand, yeah.

MW7

- Wii MotionPlus*
- Adventure Pouch
- Real-time item menu*
- Upgrade system
- Overworld bosses
- Stamina Gauge
- Improved storytelling

I agree with most of these, and I'll specify some things I might think differently about. The Wii MotionPlus should stay, but I think it should be optional from here on out. The dungeon style overworld wouldn't be a problem with me if it had been more open which is totally doable- this has lots of potential. Overworld bosses are a good concept, but a boss shouldn't be repeated three times without significant changes (in other words Ghirahim who was a dungeon boss primarily anyway was great, but the Imprisoned was ok to start and was nothing but a chore by the third time even on a first playthrough).

I'll add the Beetle and having the outset area of the game also serve as a hub and contain several sidequests (which was in Majora's Mask as well). Also a sprinkling of stealth elements is something I'd like to stay (this is in other Zeldas but never to the extent of Skyward Sword).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Here's what I'd keep via some edits

-Upgrade the upgrading system (aside from looking different, what did upgrading the bow do?)

-Stamina gauge, but don't make it count for everything, like the spin attacks, or at least let us get more out of it.
More power came with upgrading the bow.
I say we should have some sort of minigame where you can upgrade the stamina gauge. You know they say if you can run two miles with no problem, you can go onto three? And then when you can do three no problem you can go onto four and so on? Yeah, same concept with the stamina meter. Say Link sprints two kilometers. Then he does it again -- it should take less stamina out of him since he can endure that much. Now of course there would have to be a limit to how long he can sprint, but at least make it expandable without resorting to tactics like "momentary infinite stamina" potions.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I approve of this list except for returning to previous dungeons and areas in the overworld. That reminded me too much of the turn handheld Zelda took with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Retracking is never a bad thing but it should be instituted more sparingly and wisely like in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom