• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TLoZ: MMORPG

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
hey, i thought it would be cool if they made a zelda MMORPG.... or even just an RPG...but im not sure what it would do to the current reputation of zelda.....do you think it would be good or bad? and what would it be called?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've seen threads like this before, but I'll go ahead and answer. Yes. I think it'd be very cool to see some kind of MMORPG where you can choose whatever kind of race you want to be in the Zelda series, even the enemy races. It'd also serve as a pretty cool way to interact with the Zelda community. It'd definitely be a bold game and would probably be hit or miss -- as is with pretty much any MMORPG -- but I think it's a risk worth taking. It wouldn't be a canonical game, so it's not like it could mess with the series itself. So, in other words, I'm all for it.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I've seen threads like this before, but I'll go ahead and answer. Yes. I think it'd be very cool to see some kind of MMORPG where you can choose whatever kind of race you want to be in the Zelda series, even the enemy races. It'd also serve as a pretty cool way to interact with the Zelda community. It'd definitely be a bold game and would probably be hit or miss -- as is with pretty much any MMORPG -- but I think it's a risk worth taking. It wouldn't be a canonical game, so it's not like it could mess with the series itself. So, in other words, I'm all for it.
i didnt think of choosing a race, if you were to be bokoblin, would you wan t to be able to chooose a design from multipul zelda games, or just one new one, or just one fromone zelda game?

I

Internetfan15

Zelda MMORPG?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, please no!

This game is too good to try and make an MMO version!

MMO games are usually games where you get addicted, you play for countless hours, you become a gaming zombie and basically feed on very little content over a very long period of time when at the same time the company makes tons of cash from you with this little content. This formula ends up giving you headaches and makes your sense of enjoyment saturate!

Check the forums of NFS World for example and look at the countless rage threads there!

The way it works at the moment is the best! You wait for a new Zelda game and when it comes you get lots of content spread over say a week and leaves you with an epic feeling. I prefer shorter doses of epic content rather than longer zombie playing doses!

I don't like the idea, even as a side-game, spin off or whatever It would not feel like Zelda.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't really think an MMORPG really fits Zelda. Now, maybe they could a Smash Bros. MMORPG with Link in it (obviously) but as a Zelda game? No.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't think it would be a good idea to make a Zelda game that way. I honestly would not be for it and I hope Nintendo would never decide to do that.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I often think about having an MMO set in hyrule and I think it would be really cool. Imagine walking through castle town and being able to talk to other NPC's and players as a citizen. I think that if you had enough area in it, it would have the potential to be great. The best armor would be the hero's clothes and the best weapon the master sword. Imagine Zelda II except in a 3d environment that looks like TP and there are other players to interact with. also, I don't think that it should be limited to nintendo consoles. Have a third party make it for all the systems. Maybe Bethesda could do something with it (wishful thinking).

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I often think about having an MMO set in hyrule and I think it would be really cool. Imagine walking through castle town and being able to talk to other NPC's and players as a citizen. I think that if you had enough area in it, it would have the potential to be great. The best armor would be the hero's clothes and the best weapon the master sword. Imagine Zelda II except in a 3d environment that looks like TP and there are other players to interact with. also, I don't think that it should be limited to nintendo consoles. Have a third party make it for all the systems. Maybe Bethesda could do something with it (wishful thinking).

i was more thinking on the computer, but maybe for both

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
how do you know they wont do it someday?

I don't know if they are will or not, but I don't think it would be a good idea. I'm hoping that Nintendo is smart enough to know to not charge people for a game and then keep charging them to keep playing the same game every month. I refuse to play MMORPG for that very reason.

I don't think a MMORPG Zelda is a good idea, I just don't see how it could work. The Legend of Zelda is a Action/Adventure game, and It should stay that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom