• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The "Friendly Looking" Whale in the Overview Trailer

Just a small prediction.. but something tells me that can most possibly be the Windfish from Links Awakening...

In Links awakening..arent the instruments you have to collect called Instruments of SIREN?
And isnt the alternate dimension in Skyward sword called the SIREN world?

just saying.. discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pen

The game is on!
I think it's the same whale as this one:

303295_198622910207446_125038904232514_443694_1015351800_n.jpg

I just think that it's been cursed in the picture above and therefore is acting evil.

I think the whale is Lord Jabu-Jabu, take a look at this picture.

Jabujabu1.jpg

The skin is identical, and both have that plate thing on the forehead. I wrote about this a while back in THIS thread.

In the new trailer I think we saw the true form of Lord Jabu-Jabu, he looked very friendly as you said.

Thats true.. But Lord Jabu Jabu in both OoT and Ww live in water.. The one in skyward sword is flying like what the windfish does

1.) Link's Awakening was a dream so it doesn't make sense to have the Wind Fish
2.) This is a fantasy game. This is so far in the past, who is to say Lord Jabu Jabu couldn't have flying abilities? Maybe in OoT he was just bored with that and wanted to nap in the lake. >_>

Well i dont know.. the only flying whale i recall was the Windfish. and the only whale that swam in water that i recall was Lord jabu jabu.

just saying~*

Yeah, but you're being too logical. Who is to say that can't be Lord Jabu Jabu? Hell, why should that be either of those two and instead not something new

Link's Awakening was a dream, yes, but it was the Windfish's dream, you have to remember that. The flying whale in this game looks much more intelligent then the fat tub of sushi we enter in OoT. In reality it's probably an entirely new entity in the game altogether. And while magic is involved and logic may not be necessary... It doesn't mean that you can be too logical. For instance, a large magically flying whale will probably stay as such and would point more towards the Windfish than Jabu Jabu. Logical is a good thing, it keeps us on a straighter path and keeps us from going completely off the wall with an explanation.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm more prone to believe that it's the complete form of The Imprisoned, headed on its way to destroy some certain midair civilization. But if I saw a screenshot of the "friendly whale" I might be inclined to lean the other way.

I don't have pictures but when we first see the whale, coming out of the clouds and flying up, its eyes are red. In the new trailer, it shows a much mellower scene with lighter clouds with Link on top of the whale and the beasts eyes are brown.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Here, I have the actual video below. If you skip to 2:27, you'll see Link attacking one of those eye-stalks that was on the Sky Whale. It seems they're some sort of parasytic growth that we'll have to destroy in order to bring back its "friendly" side. :)

[video=youtube;NnJgTKT6YOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnJgTKT6YOs[/video]

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Here, I have the actual video below. If you skip to 2:27, you'll see Link attacking one of those eye-stalks that was on the Sky Whale. It seems they're some sort of parasytic growth that we'll have to destroy in order to bring back its "friendly" side. :)

[video=youtube;NnJgTKT6YOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NnJgTKT6YOs[/video]

Didn't we have to do that to another sea mammal creature in a past game?

Holy crap... both whales have a plate on their head... I seriously wonder if this is going to tie in to Link's Awakening somehow too, or if the plate thing is just a coincidence. The one in Skyward Sword surely doesn't look as extravagant as in LA but then again that could just be change in art design. Hmm... I'm not going to say for certain right now... but it's always been a big hinter in my eyes that that's the direction they were going with it...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is neither the Wind Fish or Jabu Jabu. This is still that evil whale. Link gets on top of the whale's head and faces this thing:

382933_213750398694697_125038904232514_485427_2062594241_n.jpg

Keep in mind that we decide whether it's day or night in the game, so this whale can be fought at either time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom