• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Shouldn't Majoras Mask Get a Prequel?

M

Majora'

Am i the only one who thinks majoras mask needs a prequel i want to know where majora came from,what is "Them" and who is the fierce diety.

Umm...Ocarina of Time is the prequal to Majora's Mask.

If you want to know where Majora came from and the origin of Fierce diety, Read the Majora's mask Manga.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The manga is not considered canon, so it can't really be considered a true prequel to Majora's Mask. Some have theorized that the Dark Tribe mentioned in Majora's Mask are connected to the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess, the latter of which we may learn more about in Skyward Sword.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Some extra backstory would be awesome, I think that is a better word than prequel. An entire game dedicated to Majora and Fierce Deity seems too spin-off to happen, but then again we DID get the Tingle games...

geek4887

The Unknown
OoT was the prequel. And, I think that SS is gonna handle the Dark Tribe thing(that's what everyone is saying). But you never reallyl know.

Din Akera

Sniper
The manga is not considered canon, so it can't really be considered a true prequel to Majora's Mask. Some have theorized that the Dark Tribe mentioned in Majora's Mask are connected to the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess, the latter of which we may learn more about in Skyward Sword.

Ducky took the words right out of my mouth. The manga is not cannon, but the story at the end of the book goes like this. It explains about a beast that lived in a deserted part of the world with no time or space. A legend said that anyone who were able to wear the beast's armor would be granted a wish and incredible power. Many humans tried to obtain it, but failed and were defeated by the monster. One day a traveler appears and speaks to the beast and shows him pity for the thousands of years he has spent alone in the space with no time. The pity he shows causes the beast to realize that he cannot leave the space and he begins to feel the hope of all the humans he killed. The traveler uses a drum to create rhythm and in turn create time in the empty space. The beast dances for three days and on the dawn of the fourth day dies and so does the world he lived in, the only thing left was his armor. The traveler sits down and carves the armor into Majora's Mask and says that beast's power is safe inside the mask and that he may now sleep forever.

Now, it is a nice story and the author clearly thought about the game when he wrote it, but it is infact, not true. but I thought I would share it with you anyway, in case you were curious. The story does not explain the origin of Fierce Deity or 'them'.

The origin story you want may be revealed to us all with the release of SS. Ducky beat me to it, but I believe that the Dark Interlopers are a group of evil-doers and that Majora's Mask may or may not have been a tool that they had the use of. We do know from in game that Majora's Mask was used by an ancient tribe for hexing rituals. The power of Majora's Mask may have been to risky for them to keep so they disposed of it, or the Happy Mask Salesman wanted it so bad that he stole it from them. That would make him avery brave man in my opinion. Because of the potential link between 'the ancient tribe' and 'the dark interlopers' (which would include beings like Ganondorf, Ghirahim, and Agahnim) I would not put it past the fact that the mask may have belonged to them at some point. Stolen by the Mask Salesman to be stolen by Skull kid? Potentially I think. Also, you cannot rule out the fact that Majora's Mask (the game/story) has the potential to be a dream, or Link's death story, ect. None of the other theories I have heard are to far fetched for me to throw them out completely. If this is really the case, then the mask has no origin at all. It is simply an evil that Link's subconscious mind thought up while he got lost in the forest and turned into a stalfos know as the Hero's Shade...getting off topic.

Out of all of this discussion though. I would really like to get more backstory on Fierce Deity. He was, in my opinion, epically cool and thrown in with no more story than 'his power may be as powerful and evil as Majora's' (that is not a direct quote at all, completely a paraphrase from what I remember of that cut scene). And as I make that point I go back to the fact that if Majora's Mask was used by the dark interlopers, then the potential that Fierce Deity's was as well.

My overall point though is I doubt we will get a 'Majora's Mask prequel' but we are more likely to get snippets of info here and snippets of info there. The closest we are going to get for right now lies in the plot of Skyward Sword. So we all will sit impatiently and wait *twiddles thumbs*

M

Majora'

Some extra backstory would be awesome, I think that is a better word than prequel. An entire game dedicated to Majora and Fierce Deity seems too spin-off to happen, but then again we DID get the Tingle games...
no i mean an offical game with link in it kinda like skyward sword but for majoras mask

your lucky i found this, from searches over the internet the twili are the ones who did hexing rituals, there very likely to be shiekah, the ancient ones could be the twilight princess sages sealing them away for that along with trieing to get the tri force.

Last edited:
M

Majora'

ya but is there any theory about the fierce diety, where is he from?

I know Ocarina of Time is the prequel, but man MM really does NEED a sequel.....those were two extremely fun and intresting games to play, i think making your own theories to all the background stories is what made them both so great.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
As others have said, Ocarina of Time is the Majora's Mask prequel. It would be weird to put another game in between those two!

I would scrap the fierce deity question entirely. The american name makes it seem like a much bigger deal. Fierce Deity is a much more dramatic translation; in the japanese version it's just the Oni mask (which is agreeably unremarkable). The mask likely didn't have any origin of substance, and I doubt it had anything to do with an actual entity. Asking for the origin of the Fierce Deity mask is like asking for the origin of W-Bahamut; you'll never find out because all it really is is a badass reward for an obscene amount of work.

I would like to see some elaboration on majora himself, but I don't think another game set in Termina is necessary or likely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom