• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music

What if insted of nitendo writing its own music for ss they just used some nice songs by popular artists? Im not saying I want a auto tuned guy singing about drugs while im killing ganon in fact i think it would be beter if it had no lyrics but a nice acoustic balad wouldt be that bad imo.So what is your opinion?

Hey, that's a pretty unique idea for the credits maybe, but for in-game I would prefer orchestrated goodness from Koji Kondo and friends :P. It just fits Zelda so perfectly.

hmmm... idk i dont think i would trade my koji kondo masterpieces for anything lol. it would be a huge disappointment for me to see their creativity drop so low when the originally composed soundtracks in the series are some of the finest in all the industry. These Iconic tunes have just become a part of what makes Zelda... Zelda.

Pen

The game is on!
No way, I want Koji Kondo to do what he does BEST! I want no lyrics, though something new might be good.
But I think I would like to hear something like the music from The Wind Waker after all!! :lol:
:triforce:

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
What ever floats your boat, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. :)

However I personally dislike (very much so) this idea, Koji is a genius who has written some of the greatest music (weather MIDI, or Orchestated) that has every been seen in the gaming industry. I'd like to keep it that way.
Zelda is ment to be an epic tale each time and its goal is to retain its own identity with each release, a great soundtrack helps them reach this goal. When I hear an amazing orchestrated piece of music I sometimes think "Hey that sounds like Zelda!", or when I am talking about games and someone asks me how the soundtrack is I always compare it to Zelda, how many other games can you really do that with?

A brilliant orchestrated (although sometimes MIDI, it is ment to have a similar feel) or classical piece of music brings out emotion on a level that can never be mached by a Rock/Pop band.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I like Zelda Songs better when there are no lyrics, however there are some memorable songs that are from other video games I've played that have lyrics. I just like not having lyrics though, because that way you can really think about every single note and what it represents in the song and in the area.

B

BCKK

I would like the Zelda music made by Nintendo. I always like it when I hear original/OOT/ALTTP music reused in the newer games..Really helps tie it all together for me!

Austin

Austin
Eh, I wouldn't be too happy if they did this. I've loved every Zelda soundtrack so far and there's no point in messing with a good thing. I have issues with IRL songs in games anyway, and there are numerous problems that would arise with their inclusion. They'd have to pay some sort of fee to the artists that produced each song, everyone is going to be upset that their personal favorite song wasn't included, along with some other issues. If you'd rather have popular music playing during the game, the simple solution would be to turn off the volume on your TV and play your own music library in substitution.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
If that happened, I might drop the series entirely or at least play the game with the sound constantly down all the way.

Keep all the music orchestrated and Epic throughout the game!
BUT throw some crazy heavy music during the boss battles to get you pumped! It could be like epic metal composed by Koji Kondo! With lots of bass and chugs and doube bass pedals, with epic cellos, and violins in the background to emphasise how epic the battle is! No lyrics though please. It sounds dumb... but in my my head it sounds really cool! Maybe I'll create a MIDI version of my idea...

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
If this happened, I would disown Nintendo. Well, I would go work for Nintendo until I became the head-leader-director-person, then I would disown them.

Ganondork

goo
From looking at the trailer, the game look bright and vibrant. I would want upbeat violins and other strings in the background, but from Kondo, his music is a masterpiece after masterpiece.

I don't think there is a chance that this will happen...As for the music itself, I hope we get some new compositions from Kondo because TP seemed like a long list of previous zelda songs redone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom