• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Who else really wants to see Dark Link incorporated into this game in some form other than a flashback? Imagine dueling yourself with the 1:1 motion.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Oh man....It would be pretty epic, but no.
I really don't think we will see him, he has only appeared in certain games, and I think it would ruin his dark, evil characterism to see him in cell-shading.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I would love to see dark link in SS, 1:1 sword fighting where he mirrors your every move!!! (cause thats what he does) would be awesome!!! I am glad you thought of this, it never crossed my mind.

it would ruin his dark, evil characterism to see him in cell-shading.

I get your point, but I personally don't think it would cell shading may even look better.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Hey it's not like cel-shading always has to be happy go lucky...

I'm sure with darker colour schemes incorporated on the current SS Link model with maybe even shadowy auras emanating from him and such, it's possible, even in the style.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I really don't see the logic behind thinking that cel-shading would make him seem any less evil =\ . By that same logic, Ganondorf appearing in WW made him seem less evil. If anything, I thought Ganondorf seemed more evil in WW than he did in OoT. I don't see how the art style plays any role in it.

I wouldn't mind Dark Link making an appearance, as long as he's not the main villain or anything. Dark Link doesn't seem suited to play a main villain role, he's more of a magical conjuration used to test Link. Besides, I want a villain that has personality. If Nintendo ends up making Dark Link the main villain, I'll chalk it up to them being lazy =P.

So yeah, I think he should be a miniboss or a minion of sorts, but nothing more.

D

DarkLink51

Ha it would be a so awesome! but i would rather fight him in a darker game like Tp but obviously new graphic and game

What if their was a shadow temple of sorts, ( like shadow temple in OOT or earth temple in WW) and it had a shadow link miniboss, but in later dungeons (the final or semi final dungeons) there were shadow link enemies!? Sort of like the darknuts in TP. Another thing I think would be cool is if he were finally a boss. Not a miniboss or final boss just a boss in a temple or dungeon.

Also I don't see how cell shading would make him look bad. Dark toon link in Super smash bros brawl looks awesome.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I'd like to see Dark Link in SS, but then I don't. I think Dark Link gets a little old after a while if you ask me. Sometimes he is just a little annoying and boring.

Kybyrian

I understand what some of you are saying about the cel-shading taking away from the "dark" look that Dark Link has, and I agree with you. Dark Link is a great idea and all, and would be really fun to fight again, but I think something like Dark Link is a bit difficult to do with graphics like these, and it wouldn't make you think so much of the other games he was in, it would be totally different. I'd prefer if they didn't put Dark Link into Skyward Sword. Maybe if it was a bit more like Twilight Princess in terms of graphics, but not with this.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
That would be so epic. And Dark Link in Spirit Tracks still looked pretty dark for cel-shading. Plus this is realistic cel-shading with wii graphics. My guess is that he would be similar to his OoT appearance more or less(obviously with less polygons). And might possibly appear with the "unknown evil" that might cause a Dark Link to split from Link similar to AoL. Again back to the epic part. Slash there, block with shield. Run behind him and give the BACKSLICE you always wanted to give someone!

I want this game to be a tad darker and harder, soo...
Dark link is DEF the way to go!!

Dark link actually made it into ign's top hundred video game villians! 77.place..
ganon at third place!

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I love Dark Link for the same reason I love Darknuts/Ironknuckles. They take strategy to kill. It's not just, run up and slice 'em. I think it's a possibility because Nintendo wants this to be epic as far as gameplay with Wii Motion Plus. And who would be a greater challenge then the evil shadow of the greatest swordsman in Hyrule? I think Dark Link is underappreciated, so maybe he'll be a miniboss...I'd love to see him as a 'Zant' character. The one you THINK is the super badass untill you discover its someone much bigger...

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I sure hope Dark Link or Shadow Link makes a return this time around. I think the implementation of Wii Motion Plus could really make a very memorable battle.

As for those who think cel-shading would ruin his design... I have to say, "Are you kidding?" Cel-shading can really work wonders. For example, many anime titles have very, very dark and twisted scenes. What is anime colored with? Cel-shading. You've got to realize that "cel-shading" doesn't mean bright and happy colors. It means that flat colors are used, so you see the edges of base colors, shading, and highlighting colors against each other instead of blending in. Many of you kids into mainstream anime might have seen Death Note, a series using very creepy and sinister cel-shading. Some of you might have played Prince of Persia (not the new one) or Borderlands... those have cel-shading.

So, I think this is a chance to make him look more awesome, evil, and creepy than ever before. And, paired up with WMP, I think he could have potentially the best battle scene in a long, long time.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
This sounds like a great challenge and I'm all for sword duels. The way I see it, if he's just a blacked-out Link, cel-shading couldn't hurt his appearance. Link in the trailer looked fine.
I'm not sure what I'd think about him being a main villain though, but you never know what nintendo will throw our way. That's what's fun about this wait- the anticipation and theorizing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom