• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

I have been procrastinating on reading for far to long. This is my fault and I do not have an excuse. Thank you Jamie for pinging me. I am starting from the beginning of Day two and will backread later Day One stuff later. I am lazy and behind. This may not all get done in one sitting.

Okay...I got a PM saying that I found someone's "Investigative results".

Am I supposed to share it?
This is. Interesting. Since Storm's results were apparently stolen I think this is real but it's an. Odd role... Tbf I do think it's newb town move to out something like this, newb scum would probably not since they'd see it as a suspicious role so I stand by my earlier OGSniper townlean.

According to a customer at work, me too. We can be incompetent together.
I appreciate the company.

Okay a serious post. This is weird. I don’t see the point of caring so much about a single vote when she didn’t have a several on her.
Again this seems strange. Why does she assume that Storm would vote for someone he's played with?
I was curious, because I know Storm has known Minish and Rag a lot longer, so without the knowledge that it was near-random, my vote was out of place. I wasn't concerned about anything, I just figured there was a joke I wasn't getting and I don't like not getting jokes.

The second part of the post after her reaction to Storm's vote makes it seem less innocent than it is.
Again, I'd figured Storm wasn't serious with his vote, I just thought I wasn't getting it. With OG, his vote had the potential to be AI depending on whether or not he was joking, and I wanted confirmation.

To me this feels off. She townreads him when he's no longer looking to lynch her.
Not because he wasn't pushing me anymore, that was irrelevant. I townread him because after receiving confirmation that it was more genuine thoughts and not a ****post I considered it towny.

Anyway pretty neutral with slight town on this ISO post for my Midori read; the analysis feels genuine and not like it's grasping at straws or anything, but I also know I didn't make it hard with my early posts.

maybe they got The Jackass
I'm always a Jackass, my role's irrelevant to that.

Seems like we have a rolecop as I also got someone else's results. And it means Storm is town.
Huh, that's interesting. Guessing it actually indicates OGSniper's receiving Storm's results is from not his role? I still think outing it unprompted is townie especially for a newb so that's fine, and I'm willing to accept this result as true for now unless I find myself suspicious of Minish.

I recall jamie seeming to express pride in their ability to read softs and seemed to particularly enjoy solving the game via that method, which is why they come to mind.
This is correct, Jamie loves softs. I generally don't like reading into kills much unless it very obviously points to a specific person, but this is noted.

Rag also townlean basically for this post alone because meta. Scum Rag tends to be very low effort ime experience, iirc the last time I played with scum Rag she made two total posts with almost nothing resembling content so for Rag I'm willing to treat almost any content as townie.

Mido's ISO case on Jamie is tempting, there are definitely good points in it. Not quoting anything individual because lazy but definitely helping my townlean on her if nothing else.

Alright so after catching up on Day Two, I'm townleaning with reasonable confidence (in order of confidence): OG, Rag, Storm (can be re-evaluated if Minish scum though), Mint Elv. That's admittedly not a lot of useful leans and I don't have any good scum leans yet (I wanna take a look at Jamie myself though), but it feels like a start. As I said I'll look at Day One and Night stuff a bit later.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm content lynching either OG or jamie today. I think we have a few hours until deadline, and i'll put my vote wherever it will result in a lynch if i'm around when i can.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i forgot the game existed for the entirity of yesterday tbh

thankfully it seems like i wasn't the only one

Mint Elv

Fish!
i am veryu sleepy and having aatlittle bit of trouble keeping my eyes open
vocVOTE: RUBIK (THE AMAZING CUBE (HE'S OUR FRIEND) )[/vite]
stk ach hurts
NAI
I believe he is genuinely confused about how forum mafia operates but i also think he jumped on the opportunity to "catch" DW and jamie in a slip because he felt it would throw people off his trail. Some new players are particularly fond of aggressively bussing, and OG strikes me as that kind of player. He seems like the type who would enjoy playing in a tricky manner as mafia, and as a new player attacking your own teammates is a very intuitive trick to play as mafia.
This is interesting. Paints OG as mafia, and doesn't give him a newbie pass. Without knowing OG's alignment it is hard to say the motivation of this. I am curious what makes you think this about him though.
remember that hinting at what character you are is not allowed in this game
NAI
@Ragnarokio is your heart filled with fire?

then you better go catch it
...? What?
i have no idea of knowing you're town
sometimes i find you become a little bit paranoid and fatalistic when you play mafia
hi storm i like your hard to follow pop culture references
None of these really give any indication of her thoughts.
this game seems to have a lot of chaos built in so i wouldn't trust night results too much, although it'll still be fun and probably useful to make sense of them as we get more information, just know that we might never "solve" the puzzle.

Vote: OG

still my strongest lean
While her single post about OG matches this vote, saying he's her strongest read does not. She has not talked about anyone else outside of calling Storm fatalistic. With her previous OG post this makes sense, but the explanation behind it does not. I could see her as mafia bussing mafia that messed up.
also beryl's role was very cool
NAI
beryl's death is pretty strange since mafia should usually want to keep lurkers alive. Three immediate explanations that come to mind are:

1: the killer felt beryl softed something and killed her in response. One of her only posts is "what if i'm three cops" and thats a pretty obvious contendor. I would think this points to a bulbagarden player and possibly jamie in particular. In my short time there i noticed they are really big on reading into softs and making plays based on them, and so they should probably be more likely to kill based on this than the average ZD or Px2 player would be. If taken as a soft, the post was fairly overt though, so its not as strong as it could be. I recall jamie seeming to express pride in their ability to read softs and seemed to particularly enjoy solving the game via that method, which is why they come to mind.

2: The killer wanted to kill an inactive player. I've met some mafia players like this, who feel like its curteous to kill low activity players either to make things easier on the mod (so they're less likely to need replacement) or to allow the players more engaged in the game more time to play it. I don't know who in the playerbase would match this profile, but i also think its an unlikely situation because lissi was saying she might need to replace out and was thus perhaps a more probable target for this kind of player.

3: Role mechanics resulted in the kill being out of the mafia's control. This seems feasible given what we know about the setup so far.
Jamie and the other bulbagarden players probably look worse to me considering beryl's death, although is not as telling as it could be because one of beryl's few posts suggested an information role and because mafia didn't necessarily choose beryl as their target.
Nice thought out post analyzing Beryl's death, but I've noticed how almost everything points to BMG players. Her analysis pointing to BMG players is making it look more like Beryl was a frame job. And to specify:

1) Yes Jamie is good at catching softs and enjoys it immensely. And for a while a player pushed a claiming culture on our site. But it most definitely is not the norm. We've pushed back against it in fact, myself in particular as I can't catch a soft to save my life. Admittedly the player that pushed that kind of culture did so when many players such as Jamie were starting, but to group us together is honestly offensive. Our hosts had to input anti-claim mechanics to get it to a more reasonable level.

2) I'll admit I do this. But not for the reason you think. I choose kills that are low information. That leave people going "What?". Not someone who leaves behind plenty of analysis.

3) This makes no sense. If the mechanics are what caused the issue then how does that make BMG players look worse? If it is a mechanics thing then why is it more likely BMG players were the killers?

It is really suspicious that Rag is separating players by websites in this post. While calling out individual players is one thing, she is instead trying to pin the whole mafia as from one site. This makes me think at least two of the mafia are ZD players, one being her and she is hoping to distract town.

missed a line break in my last post and its really tormenting me
Thank you for reminding me that I'm pretty sure you guys ban all forms of edit on here. BMG allows post editing only for grammatical and formatting mistakes. Someone correct me if it is the same here or not.
oh i forgot lissi was replaced by hippo, that makes beryl a sensible target in the case of the second scenario
Only if it was a low activity kill and not something else.
this post pings me a bit b/c it reads sort of like what scum minish might say if she was frustrated with how the night went.
Shade on Min. I have yet to see Rag do anything except accuse others. Min as mafia would have no reason to say she got rolecop results unless a townie came out with saying they rolecopped someone. There is just no scum motivation in it.
HHH claims to have redirected all abilities targeting themselves to rubik

that could certainly contribute to the chaos but it currently explains none of the claimed results
NAI. If we assume the rolecop is mafia, no doubt mafia is just as curious as town about the night results fiasco, so this could come from place of either alignment.

Overall I actually find Rag scummy. Her posts are either NAI, or they are casting shade and suspicion on people. Her most solid post when analyzed is straight up a post that is more likely to mislead town than anything.

Current scum team in my mind: Rag and Jamie.

I would say OG and Rag but I'm starting to lean more towards him just being an easy mislynch as a new player.

John? I glossed over this because of the vote on me. The name John could be indep? Or scum I guess. This feels like a slip.
John was the name used in the flavor text, which implies to me that John is the name of the scum. It was a joke.

Unless that mod is DawningWinds:P
I thought I was your favorite!

Anyway, serious Jamie stuff:

I don't feel too good about him giving Rubik his townlean, especially giving him towncred for his ISO post on the lowest activity players, which is actually pretty nothingburger post. It could be indicative of them being scumbuddies or it could be pocketing, either way, I think it smells bad for Jamie. And after his argument with Midori, I'm kinda leaning even moreso towards him pushing Lissi as just an easy lynch, and something feels sightly off about his OGSniper interactions, though I'm not sure I can quite pinpoint what. All and all Jamie scum feels pretty likely to me and I think him dying today is good.
Vote: JamieIsBored

Rubik's posts all actually feel pretty nothing to me; technically speaking there is content but it. Mostly feels very pointless to me. I already had a slight side-eye on him as possibly Jamie's buddy from a Jamie post and reading his stuff properly has me leaning in that direction a bit more; I'm still feeling scum Jamie more but once he flips that is a place to look.

Minish's content is... kinda bleh as well, her only read read she's had was OGSniper at the beginning of D1 (haha I'm one to talk), a lot of her other stuff is joking or mech talk, so I'm likewise wary of her. Since she's the only thing really clearing Storm at all it's making me doubt him a bit more as well, but actually not too much because I kinda don't think scum claims having a rolecop result and then lies about it; thinking about it more imo scum Min who's buddies with Storm probably just keeps quiet unless Storm's scum with a role that actually looks townie.

...Oh that's possible regardless of Min's alignment. Why didn't I consider that till now? Hmmm, I still think I'd like to deprioritize Storm for now but that will be in the back of my mind.

Which leaves DuskyBlue and HHH2.0. Both of whom I have no opinions whatsoever on. DuskyBlue is NAI inactive and everything from HHH post-sub is just. Fine I guess.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
NAI

This is interesting. Paints OG as mafia, and doesn't give him a newbie pass. Without knowing OG's alignment it is hard to say the motivation of this. I am curious what makes you think this about him though.

NAI

...? What?

None of these really give any indication of her thoughts.

While her single post about OG matches this vote, saying he's her strongest read does not. She has not talked about anyone else outside of calling Storm fatalistic. With her previous OG post this makes sense, but the explanation behind it does not. I could see her as mafia bussing mafia that messed up.

NAI

Nice thought out post analyzing Beryl's death, but I've noticed how almost everything points to BMG players. Her analysis pointing to BMG players is making it look more like Beryl was a frame job. And to specify:

1) Yes Jamie is good at catching softs and enjoys it immensely. And for a while a player pushed a claiming culture on our site. But it most definitely is not the norm. We've pushed back against it in fact, myself in particular as I can't catch a soft to save my life. Admittedly the player that pushed that kind of culture did so when many players such as Jamie were starting, but to group us together is honestly offensive. Our hosts had to input anti-claim mechanics to get it to a more reasonable level.

2) I'll admit I do this. But not for the reason you think. I choose kills that are low information. That leave people going "What?". Not someone who leaves behind plenty of analysis.

3) This makes no sense. If the mechanics are what caused the issue then how does that make BMG players look worse? If it is a mechanics thing then why is it more likely BMG players were the killers?

It is really suspicious that Rag is separating players by websites in this post. While calling out individual players is one thing, she is instead trying to pin the whole mafia as from one site. This makes me think at least two of the mafia are ZD players, one being her and she is hoping to distract town.

Thank you for reminding me that I'm pretty sure you guys ban all forms of edit on here. BMG allows post editing only for grammatical and formatting mistakes. Someone correct me if it is the same here or not.

Only if it was a low activity kill and not something else.

Shade on Min. I have yet to see Rag do anything except accuse others. Min as mafia would have no reason to say she got rolecop results unless a townie came out with saying they rolecopped someone. There is just no scum motivation in it.

NAI. If we assume the rolecop is mafia, no doubt mafia is just as curious as town about the night results fiasco, so this could come from place of either alignment.

Overall I actually find Rag scummy. Her posts are either NAI, or they are casting shade and suspicion on people. Her most solid post when analyzed is straight up a post that is more likely to mislead town than anything.

Current scum team in my mind: Rag and Jamie.

I would say OG and Rag but I'm starting to lean more towards him just being an easy mislynch as a new player.

To tell you the truth, I see where Mint is coming from. Hmm, a possible vote may be coming Rags way.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I refuse to vote Rag so long as Rag remains active.

Dawning and Mint are feeling increasingly scummy atm, but only time will tell. Still happier with a Dusky vote right now since at least the other two are talking. I really don't like Jamie or OG as wagons and I'm very unhappy that so many people seem to be pushing one or the other.

So two days in and all you have to go on is peoples activity Rubik? When do you plan on actually casing people and not just throwing votes on the lowest post holder and calling it a day?

Mint Elv

Fish!
I refuse to vote Rag so long as Rag remains active.

Dawning and Mint are feeling increasingly scummy atm, but only time will tell. Still happier with a Dusky vote right now since at least the other two are talking. I really don't like Jamie or OG as wagons and I'm very unhappy that so many people seem to be pushing one or the other.
Why?

Also you say you’re against the current Wagons but the only alternative you’ve offered is Duskyblue with no elaboration at all. And I know yyou wouldn’t do an in depth but you have nothing.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 2.4.
OGSniper (2) - Ragnarokio, Storm
Jamieisbored (2) - Mint Elv, DawningWinds
DuskyBlue (1) - Rubik

Not voting (5) - Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Phase ends in about 1h50.
Small errata on Votecount 2.3.

Yeah, it was a rolecop result. Though the other evidence in thread is a bit more substantial. OG claimed to have gotten tracker results, Storm claimed said results, and I verified that Storm does indeed have a tracker ability. No one counterclaimed being tracker, so evidence points towards Storm being town. Though you could argue that maybe scum has tracker shots, but I don't think Storm's role looks scummy. And if it's all a lie then you'd have to believe that the scum team is exactly me, Storm, and OG and we easily connected ourselves.

Why I hold skepticism is because I'm not privy to the rest of Storm's role as you are, nor is anybody else save Storm. But from what I've seen from the flips and my own role, the kits are themed so Storm likely has other tracker-esque abilities. If I don't accept tracker as an immediate town flag, I likely won't accept the rest either. So I won't green check him just yet and will continue to analyze the positions he takes because even if I saw and thought his entire kit looked townly, he still wouldn't be confirmed town. The matter is as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom