• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess a different one from the one in Ocarina of Time?

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Aside from the elephant in the room of there being an entire dungeon inside the Temple of Time's past in Twilight Princess, The major thing to point out is that none of the geometry of the temple itself is even remotely the same from the one in Ocarina of Time. Unlike how the Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild takes nearly the exact same geometry as the one in Ocarina of Time, while also sharing the castle town of both games in different locations in Breath of the Wild, there's only one Temple of Time, the evidence could go either way. But what are you guys leaning towards?

do you have the know how to copy paste pictures from google and use "paint" as i do to resize and save pics for you to use as Reference for people ? :) thanks Stray!

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
do you have the know how to copy paste pictures from google and use "paint" as i do to resize and save pics for you to use as Reference for people ? :) thanks Stray!
Not currently at the moment, I would have to play the games far enough myself to get the screenshots. I don't normally get my screenshots from Google, cuz I've learned that's not the most reliable way to get the evidence you need. Considering two of those are my favorite games of all time it wouldn't be too hard, and the other one is pretty much open world.

The Temple of Time dungeon you explore was a part of the temple from the distant past, far before Ocarina. Nature took over after its abandonment and that part is now gone. Perhaps.

Or maybe it was demolished by Rauru or someone.

I mean, the two Temples are meant to be the same, yet one is in a town and the other in the lost woods where its crumbling.
So something had to have happened. There is that theory that Hyrule Castle and the town moved to the north, so the Hyrule in TP isn't the same as the one from Ocarina.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I assume they're meant to be the same one. Even Hyrule Field does not look at all similar to how it does in Ocarina of Time, but we can safely assume it's the same location unless Hyrule demolishes itself between games.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
I assume they're meant to be the same one. Even Hyrule Field does not look at all similar to how it does in Ocarina of Time, but we can safely assume it's the same location unless Hyrule demolishes itself between games.

There was a war that happened in between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Which caused Ganon to be exiled to the Twilight Realm, it's not unreasonable devastation was caused in Hyrule because of that.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
There was a war that happened in between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Which caused Ganon to be exiled to the Twilight Realm, it's not unreasonable devastation was caused in Hyrule because of that.
We don't really see any indication of a conflict as large as a war. If a country suddenly lost or gained territory, redrew its borders and rebuilt everything from the grounds up then there would probably be scars.

Last edited:

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
The Gerudo Hylian war, it takes place after Link informs Zelda that her plan would cause ruin for 7 years, changing the course of history causing the timeline split, and also allows the King to rage war against the Gerudos.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The Gerudo Hylian war, it takes place after Link informs Zelda that her plan would cause ruin for 7 years, changing the course of history causing the timeline split, and also allows the King to rage war against the Gerudos.
Is there any indication that was a war? Twilight Princess doesn't exactly show it, but it might be in one of the source books.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
There's plenty of evidence to support this ingame The fact that there's no Gerudos present in Twilight Princess aside from Ganondorf, we know ganondorf wouldn't surrender so easily. And the fact a lot of the structures in Hyrule change locations, The most prominent being the change in location of Kakariko Village

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
if the game never mentions it and its just a theory, you can't go around citing it like it's a fact
I didn't interpret any of that like there was a war b/c the game never brings anything like it up, you'd think the sages or someone would've mentioned it if that were the case
That is definitely fair.

However the point is that not all places stayed in the same location, we can say the same could happen to the Temple of Time.

if the game never mentions it and its just a theory, you can't go around citing it like it's a fact
I didn't interpret any of that like there was a war b/c the game never brings anything like it up, you'd think the sages or someone would've mentioned it if that were the case
Also, I should probably make a thread for this in another time, I could have sworn there was a page for this and the in one of the source books, but I think I was mistaken.

Also, I should probably make a thread for this in another time, I could have sworn there was a page for this and the in one of the source books, but I think I was mistaken.
I'm deeply sorry for the misinformation

One thing I would like to point out about them being the same Temple of Time, Is the movement of Hyrule itself could support the fact of why the Temple of Time is in the Sacred Grove, however it doesn't support it at all if we are to go by the Hidden Village being old Kakariko from Ocarina of Time, as they're too far apart from each other. All of the geometry for the Temple of Time's scene basically (The map that The player runs around in game) does not have anywhere close to the same collision data (basically the walls and floors that you walk around and bump into to keep you inside the map boundaries.) That is to be expected with a different game, but Breath of the Wild has nearly the exact same geometry for its ruins, that almost a perfect fit for the Temple of time in Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess fits into the timeline in the middle of those two games, they can't possibly be the same Temple. Not to mention that ruins of castletown from Ocarina of Time is placed very close to the Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild. It wouldn't make sense if this was the same Temple of time from Twilight Princess. We do see a little bit of ruins present in the Lost woods of Breath of the Wild, but it's so small it couldn't possibly be the ruins of the one in Twilight Princess, however I'd like to argue that it could. 10,000 years or so is more than enough time to practically erase an entire building's completely, to the point where there is no evidence of it being there from natural elements alone. And that's if the ruins were never touched after Twilight Princess. It is told by The last King of Hyrule that Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild was still used for ceremonies while the Kingdom was under his rule. Which would make sense why it's still somewhat standing.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
I was talking about a different one that may not exist, I couldn't find any records of it on official media. Ganon was also exiled as seen in a flashback and Twilight Princess. I could have sworn it happened though. Either way, it has no stance on the matter of this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom