• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

KoD: Kingpin or Defender?
By Frederick Foswell
Zinger mentioned this guy in his stream. In the original "Gang war" storyline, The Big Man united the underworld until spider-man broke it up. But the remaining mafia heads realized that they liked The Big Man's plan, they just needed better protection against superheroes, and that eventually led to the rise of Wilson Fisk.

Out of curiosity, @Rubik, why is the breaking story from Frederick Foswell today when we didn't get anything from them yesterday?

[KoD] is NOT Mr. James Wesley despite multiple investigations into his identity showing that he is. [He is] not Mafia aligned, and has not submitted a Faction kill this previous night. [...] His alignment does contain the letter "r". [...] KoD has made contact with at least one player outside of the game thread, despite his records saying he had never contacted anyone outside the thread. [He has] access to the Century Club
Yeeep, this looks suspicious. Got anything to say about it @KingofDominaria?
Worth noting, as a member of the century club, they can probably pay bail. Should at least get us some info.

Kingpin_Day1.png

Dear SMS,
Excellent fan art! We’re happy to have it featured in our newspaper.
-Ed.
This is seriously cool. Nice work SMS!

Dear Editor,
It has come to my attention that Vroendal occasionally goes by the name Crime Master. Whether or not the source of this information can be trusted is something I haven't verified. Please bring this to the attention of the town for the sake of debate.
Sincerely,
Anon
- Vroendal is probably Otto Octavius (80%)

[NPC Doctor Eric Schwinner] also mentioned the military is also looking into uses for radioactivity and that the Federal Center for Atomic Research in New Jersey was more concerned with the military applications. He says their facilities are superior and that the real news in the world of radioactivity is there through the research of one Doctor Otto Octavius, whose works are unbelievable but could not elaborate in detail due to an NDA.
Crime Master or Otto Octavius? I'm leaning towards the seconds, but the wiki says they're connected, so Doc Oc probably exists either way.

On player suggestion, Zinger created a Discord channel called “Jail” that you can’t type in to throw jailed players into.
Haha, nice. Forgot about this one.

What the Duck is Going On?!? - Gang War
By Donald Duck
Note to self: unless the Bugle has hired Donald Duck, the article author titles probably shouldn't be trusted.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
True. I dont have to turn it back on at all. But you guys love the newspaper. Like ypud die for the newspaper. I want a puzzle section. Maybe like a Dear Abby Section too
If you ask for advice in a letter to the editor I'll give you advice.
Tell you what
@Rubik im in a generous mood. Wire me what you collected and ill get you uo and running in a Jiffy
How do I know you won't just do nothing and pocket the money or that the electrical outage will just naturally end?

I'll send you $5000 if you end it in the next few hours AFTER you've actually done it. If you take longer than that I'll just assume it happened without your help, but I'm not paying you without results first.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Zinger mentioned this guy in his stream. In the original "Gang war" storyline, The Big Man united the underworld until spider-man broke it up. But the remaining mafia heads realized that they liked The Big Man's plan, they just needed better protection against superheroes, and that eventually led to the rise of Wilson Fisk.

Out of curiosity, @Rubik, why is the breaking story from Frederick Foswell today when we didn't get anything from them yesterday?
The stories yesterday were mostly filler and Foswell was trying to write their article after their day ability resolved (which proved impossible).
Yeeep, this looks suspicious. Got anything to say about it @KingofDominaria?
Worth noting, as a member of the century club, they can probably pay bail. Should at least get us some info.
Indeed, I don't imagine prison is good for him.
Crime Master or Otto Octavius? I'm leaning towards the seconds, but the wiki says they're connected, so Doc Oc probably exists either way.
Could really go either way.
Note to self: unless the Bugle has hired Donald Duck, the article author titles probably shouldn't be trusted.
Weirdly enough, we were allowed to hire Donald Duck as an NPC.

Kingpin_Robbie.jpg

He only speaks to us in Donald Duck gifs.

You do realize my role is made so these 1%ers cant get away with their money, right?
I think im the only one who can stop the Green Goblin from Happening
If you're referring to preventing him from collecting all the stocks, I don't think that's correct. Anyone can do two things to stop that from happening.
If a player with Corporate Shares is removed from the Active Player pool, the bank seizes their assets. If that player doesn't return to the Active Player pool before the Stock Exchange opens the following Day, their shares will be put up for auction.
Insider Trading (Activated; Day): Force target player to sell public corporate shares they own if an interested party attempts to buy for the rest of the Day. If multiple buyers attempt to buy, they can still choose who to sell to.

That should say Removed with a capital R. I really should go and fix that.
What does this mean? If Freddeh stayed in exile until the stock market opened tomorrow, would he still lose all his stocks?
And can H̴͚͙́̏ḙ̷̺̣̔̌̓̂ͅļ̵̢̬͊l̵̖̱̈ŏ̷̱̺̳̇ ̶̙̱͖̇̇ͅW̶̪̦̰̔͂ó̶̦̓͆͘r̴͉͍̩̖̓l̷͔͒̾͜d̵̞͛̍͗͠ have stocks, because they were never removed from the Active Player pool?

Edit: Oh, I guess it's just a specific phrase in the rules
Leaving the Active Player pool is not usually done by choice, and is called being "Removed from the Active Player pool" in the game rules regardless of what player pool is your next destination.

What does this mean? If Freddeh stayed in exile until the stock market opened tomorrow, would he still lose all his stocks?
And can H̴͚͙́̏ḙ̷̺̣̔̌̓̂ͅļ̵̢̬͊l̵̖̱̈ŏ̷̱̺̳̇ ̶̙̱͖̇̇ͅW̶̪̦̰̔͂ó̶̦̓͆͘r̴͉͍̩̖̓l̷͔͒̾͜d̵̞͛̍͗͠ have stocks, because they were never removed from the Active Player pool?

Edit: Oh, I guess it's just a specific phrase in the rules

Precisely, it is a specific game term. When you leave of your own volition, as Freddeh appears to have done, you have not been "Removed".

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
All I was saying was if you all thought it was such a bad thing for me to do there was probably a different way for the 3 of you to play out this scenario. If just one of you disregarded my list others could have done the same, and none of you had to confirm it either.

This whole thing is irrelevant now anyway after what Tevish has said.
It wasn't a bad thing anyways because killing into a list to find Spiderman is unlikely to hit the real Spiderman anyways and benefits town in keeping the kill pool for mafia contained allowing a smaller pool of targets for town protective to target.

It's actually far more beneficial especially if town coordinate together

It also provides a list of confirmed town for town to not worry about at least for a while. Anyone trying to kill into that list is either a wolf or playing suboptimal

Aka stop voting obv town sms pls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom