• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Uwu draws some stuff, I guess

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Here it is guys, what you've all been waiting for! My first attempt at digital artwork!!!
So, I was originally working on my recent Todoroki picture on Krita, and planned to have that as my first full piece. But, due to a mistake while saving that merged my layers together, I had to scrap that and try something new instead! (Still just tracing bc I'm not ready to freehand juuuust yet). You guys may recognize this from my first page on this thread, now with the background I had promised.

EnmuDrawingD1.jpg

This looks dope, Oocoo!

Regarding tracing, and it likely varies from person to person, but I personally find it way easier to go over existing sketches of mine when doing digital art, and that's remained the case for pretty much the entire time I've done it. Especially when using a tablet, it's just, I find it kind of difficult to really have a sense of scale for how big I'm drawing relative to my canvas size (and zooming in and out compounds this probably) and it's easier to just import something already sketched with a determined canvas instead of having to keep resizing it. That's not to say I never freehand, but existing sketches are easier for me. When I go to do a new drawing, I usually still grab my sketchbook before sitting down at the computer.

Your traditional drawings have such clean lineart too so they're probably perfect for an immediate conversion to digital, so definitely don't feel like it's a bad thing to be tracing those. This is seriously superb though. I can tell with that background especially that you're having fun exploring the brush settings.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
This looks dope, Oocoo!

Regarding tracing, and it likely varies from person to person, but I personally find it way easier to go over existing sketches of mine when doing digital art, and that's remained the case for pretty much the entire time I've done it. Especially when using a tablet, it's just, I find it kind of difficult to really have a sense of scale for how big I'm drawing relative to my canvas size (and zooming in and out compounds this probably) and it's easier to just import something already sketched with a determined canvas instead of having to keep resizing it. That's not to say I never freehand, but existing sketches are easier for me. When I go to do a new drawing, I usually still grab my sketchbook before sitting down at the computer.

Your traditional drawings have such clean lineart too so they're probably perfect for an immediate conversion to digital, so definitely don't feel like it's a bad thing to be tracing those. This is seriously superb though. I can tell with that background especially that you're having fun exploring the brush settings.
I'm definately going to keep doing the tracing, and that way I can make sure I don't fall behind on my skills in paper-and-pencil sketches.
Also, heh, yeah I spent hour on Thursday scribbling with every brush just to see what they do. It's feels like cheating but I'm def gonna enjoy that :)

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
iARM9k3lQjgGdnbhgp8Bh_wHUh9bpRfYgeDDhbHugCHIkUtcdsCBz7JjTtZBLovOa1hUXoMxOcASfxuXLW76AmXeeAOl1iwSp0kOJ7emMWWwhGZ-LpbGsvM4A35Hg7putXJJMFg

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
:ezlo: Drawing challenge!!! :ezlo:
I decided to draw a picori before just because why not? It was actually really, really fun to design. Just so cute! Honestly I 100% reccomend coming up with a picori design of your own, there's so much you can do with em.

pv3QSMkU4e2cQROH--tEsrmLDrhO5rhi7QFate6rTOeC-oGX-me7KojF-N0fJZQDbPyh8AgyZCdRLLopzBKTR9lngPnS8kc9fhYcf4dKlMWRgaIDEXReQtjgrRXxzN39aLLxxDHhprcbXWdj
(I was half joking about the drawing challenge thing, but if anyone feels inspired and decide to draw one feel free to post it here if you so choose :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom