• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'd be tentatively okay with that. I might need some convincing but I went back to her Fext vote and its not sitting quite right with me.

Sorry, I'm a bit busy right now but I'm not gonna be lynched for nothing at eod after no one even talked about lynching me today. Like how am I even supposed to defend against that?

My Fext vote isn't super sound, but of the 3 wagons (Eli, KoD, and Fext) I'm town reading KoD, and I'm null on Eli. Fext has the most reason for me to scumread him at the moment. I don't have a solid case because I thought we still had another day so I didn't get to look back at things like I wanted. I've already been iffy on Fext from start of day. I'm not going to vote my town read, KoD, over someone I can see that had scum motivation or even someone that I have a null read on.

starting off with a low-tier read

how do I ISO on this site btw

scum!Eli is more likely to ask this in scumchat than in the thread

now we get into stuff that actually means anything

We need everybody on board for this to work, and I think the biggest problem with that strategy is the Mafia Roleblocker preventing us from full-clearing the hider targets. That’s one of the biggest advantages of a cop, and therefore cop cover. So if everybody- and I mean everybody- is on board, then I’ll follow along. Otherwise, don’t expect me to cover.
There is little reason for scum to care about this and push for an all-or-nothing approach, and especially not to soft-threaten to withhold themselves from hypoclaiming. Town players might have a genuine opinion on this they feel is worth vocalizing, however.

This reads like wolf salt to me, especially the last paragraph; there isn’t any particular reason to believe that the person in question is going to tunnel you after one vote.
This is an incredibly specific feeling-based read to have early in the game, and none of the rest of Eli's play suggests he's going to be attempting to drive the narrative whatsoever, which makes this angle more towny than not imo, literally regardless of whether or not the read is correct or incorrect.

I don’t like this vote at all ngl
In conclusion DawningWinds and King are theatre-ing

Vote: KingofDomaniaria
In a similar vein, no part of Eli's play supports the idea he's going to be playing aggressively. Thus, taking a direct shot at two of the most active slots by this point in the day seems like something that I don't get the feeling scum!Eli would think is a very good idea. Pretty sure him taking that shot (especially since it wasn't ever really backed up by anybody else as far as I can remember) is just him giving his real, actual, genuine thoughts on the interaction.

Also, regarding the setup

Would it be ok for a hypothetical Hider to CC a fakeclaim?

It’s generally not good to do that in a normal Cop13 (I think?) but since the hider has immunity to nightkills, it seems like it'd be more useful to catch the fakeclaim
This is honestly maybe Eli's towniest post? Scum have absolutely zero incentive to clarify the procedure for what should happen in case of a CC, as the more confused the town is by a Hider fakeclaim, the better. I don't think asking this question benefits scum!Eli at all, it seems purely to benefit the town as far as I can tell, and so I don't think he asks it as scum.

for a minute i was about to go "isn't the day supposed to be over"
then i realized day 1 was 72 hours
anyways i've got some quotes
haven't read past page 15 tho, so

ngl I kinda buy him not knowing it's night, which would be impossible were he in scumchat

I also think his push on Ex falls into a similar category as his initial KoD push of "reasoning for making his vote there that reads more like a genuine thought about the tone of the player than a manufactured excuse"

and so yeah he's prolly just town

feel free to laugh at me if he flips red but I don't want to sit idly by twice in a row

Ok looks like I'm just in time. On my phone. At 16 percent after just clocking out.

Did you really think I wouldn't. E around to defend myself?

Because I am, and it looks like

Sorry, I'm a bit busy right now but I'm not gonna be lynched for nothing at eod after no one even talked about lynching me today. Like how am I even supposed to defend against that?

My Fext vote isn't super sound, but of the 3 wagons (Eli, KoD, and Fext) I'm town reading KoD, and I'm null on Eli. Fext has the most reason for me to scumread him at the moment. I don't have a solid case because I thought we still had another day so I didn't get to look back at things like I wanted. I've already been iffy on Fext from start of day. I'm not going to vote my town read, KoD, over someone I can see that had scum motivation or even someone that I have a null read on.
thank you for addressing my concerns about your vote instead of just repeating yourself

wait

Have you? I'm not really finding anything until pretty recently in the day suggesting you think Fext might be scum. You did disagree with the doubling up hider targets plan but you didn't seem to push the idea that he was scummy based on this disagreement.

This is honestly maybe Eli's towniest post? Scum have absolutely zero incentive to clarify the procedure for what should happen in case of a CC, as the more confused the town is by a Hider fakeclaim, the better. I don't think asking this question benefits scum!Eli at all, it seems purely to benefit the town as far as I can tell, and so I don't think he asks it as scum.
okay so funny story
this post was actually designed to make scum think i'm hider and roleblock + attack me
(it was also a legit question too, but)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom