• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Button Mashing is Cheating?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Well, usually when someone “cheats” they are using an exploit of some sort to gain an unfair advantage. Using that definition “button mashing” certainly isn’t cheating as it neither counts as an exploit or gives anyone an advantage. It’s just a thing people who don’t care enough to learn the intricacies of the game do because it’s the most effective thing to them. It’s annoying, sure, but it’s really easy to play against if you know what you’re doing.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
it might be "cheesing" or "cheap" in some contexts but i wouldn't call it cheating. If something as braindead as button mashing is the optimal strategy in a game then its probably not a competitive game to begin with though.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
Argh this thread is giving me OoA flashbacks! Trying to button mash while turning when riding Moosh- I REALLY hate that bear! But as a general rule, button mashing is kind of like just a way to fight. Some people do it slowly and calculated, and others just swing their swords wildly and hope they hit something. Button mashing is the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom