• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like by now Moe at least moves oast one liners in some games, so the fact that he hasn't is weird, idk if it's a scum tell for him though.
yeah, I think I would agree with this
not to say he's the only one at all
I think we could definitely hit a few people that aren't town if we just killed within the players who don't really seem to give a damn about the game

My reads, at the moment (for no particular reason than I feel like sharing):

Strong Town Lean:
Not really anybody at the moment

Slight Town Lean:
Rubik (he's not doing his typical "Rubik Lurk" dance, which I like)
Morbid Minish (genuine helpfulness, plus confusion/paranoia—this is not the Minish I've seen before who is emboldened by having access to a private chat with her allies)
The Sun Fan (coming off as honest in his posts and motivated to pressure people who don't care about the game)

No Lean:
CynicalSquid
Kirino
Funnygurl555
Spiritual Mask Salesman

Slight Scum Lean:
Moe the Moblin (pointing fingers with no explanations)
Storm (why you so nervous as to claim after 2 votes?)
Ragnarokio (she's being hard on Rubik for what I can only surmise is things Rubik has done in an altogether different game)

Strong Scum Lean:
Not really anybody either

And especially for Moe: see how I've explained why I read people in their respective categories the way I do? This is how you do it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
to be honest I am kinda getting a scumread on Moe, and I don't really think that its as simple as "he always plays like this"
because he really doesn't
maybe its overexposure but I think I usually

I mean on a basic level, throwing out "so and so is scum, this person is lock town" and quoting small bits without providing commentary is a very much Moe thing to do and it happens all the time. I already said on d1 how I feel like he's different this game because he's way less proactive. The town Moe I know usually has like 100 posts by now.

This just makes me paranoid of you Min Min because idk if you are genuine rn or scum trying to not do reads...

I never try not to do reads as scum unless I'm just really not feeling well. It's actually easier for me to do them as scum because I know what kind of bs to say to make fake reads. I could maybe understand if I was saying that I didn't have any scum reads here. The problem is, I don't really have any town reads.

What about Sunfan feels off to you? The fact that he's so far just kind of leap frogged off reads other players made?

I feel like he's saying exactly what he knows I and everyone else wants to hear. He's got this charisma about him that it feels kinda genuine, but at a certain point it just feels too good ya know? He definitely got Mido's soft and he pointed out he got Mido's soft. If scum knows Mido is a miller they keep him around right? Sunfan knows that so he would get rid of him for town cred.

vote: Cynical Squid
see above post for reasoning

Tbf, he actually usually posts a lot as scum. He likes playing scum more and is more active then. He could still be scum here but I'm less worried about him at the moment.

I feel like he's saying exactly what he knows I and everyone else wants to hear. He's got this charisma about him that it feels kinda genuine, but at a certain point it just feels too good ya know? He definitely got Mido's soft and he pointed out he got Mido's soft. If scum knows Mido is a miller they keep him around right? Sunfan knows that so he would get rid of him for town cred.

I would just about never kill a miller n1 if I knew they were the miller
its a "believe me or don't" kind of situation of course but like
sometimes, you can tell which cup of wine is the poisoned one, I think
its way more important to try and hit a role, like cop or really just about anything
heck, even just killing someone because they're active, but you have no clue what role they would be, would just be better than killing someone who is both inactive and the miller

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I would just about never kill a miller n1 if I knew they were the miller
its a "believe me or don't" kind of situation of course but like
sometimes, you can tell which cup of wine is the poisoned one, I think
its way more important to try and hit a role, like cop or really just about anything
heck, even just killing someone because they're active, but you have no clue what role they would be, would just be better than killing someone who is both inactive and the miller

I mean, yeah. But I also can't trust a damn thing you say in mafia after I've seen you as scum. Lol. I don't want to lynch you anytime soon, because I do think you are town. But I'm really paranoid of you right now.

I decline to give someone a pass for this

That's fair. But I personally think there are better options than a shot in the dark of someone I usually see play different as scum.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I mean on a basic level, throwing out "so and so is scum, this person is lock town" and quoting small bits without providing commentary is a very much Moe thing to do and it happens all the time. I already said on d1 how I feel like he's different this game because he's way less proactive. The town Moe I know usually has like 100 posts by now.
ye I changed my meta, no more effort just to get burned

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Moe is kind of throwing me off because I am not used to him playing like this but I haven’t played in a while so maybe his play style changed. Idk

Funnygurl hasn’t really posted much and even when she did she didn’t really say much. Idk if this is normal or if she’s just trying to keep a low profile

I’m just gonna go ahead and

Vote: funnygurl

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Also with Storm. I’m willing to buy his claim for now. He still could be a scum rb but I don’t know why he would lie about his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom