• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
EBWODP: By newbie mistakes I mean like, may not really count, getting over hot headed at the wrong time, not taking ones RVS vote down because not having a good, if any reason to leave it. Just the small things one wold get called out on.
I don’t really know that there’s a right time to get hot headed but I don’t see why those two things would be related to newbs specifically or why they’d be considered mistakes. Someone’s always going to call you out for something so just be yourself

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Tbf mind wasn’t I can’t say I just think it’s a really long answer that doesn’t amount to anything and I didn’t feel like sharing it. :V
And? I get it, we all have schedules. But if you have the time, I'd like to read what you say.

Also I gotta 9-5 today so gonna be hard for me to post more than the random sentence
Now you know my pain.

EBWODP: By newbie mistakes I mean like, may not really count, getting over hot headed at the wrong time, not taking ones RVS vote down because not having a good, if any reason to leave it. Just the small things one wold get called out on.
Tbf, even pros can make those mistakes. Sometimes it has to be called to see if it's innocuous, as you've stated, or more sinister.

funnier6

Courage~
And? I get it, we all have schedules. But if you have the time, I'd like to read what you say.
No you don’t, it wasn’t about time it was about relevancy. I was thinking that Trist’s reasoning that Killjoy doesn’t seem like he’s being coached was flawed. I know if I was on his team I definitely would just tell him to post whatever cause coaching just makes everything worse imo except for specific instances like when someone asks for role info and you have to give a fake claim or whatever.

I don’t really know of anyone who gives crash courses in mafia to new players on their scum team, it seems like most people know to tell them to ask in the thread so they’ll get those natural points. So I didn’t really think Trists points about Killjoy figuring things out on his own were all that great.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The actual picture is too big in size? But the screencap of me trying the second time isn't
View attachment 43496
This is really dumb but I really want to town read this. Lmao.

I've scumread Sun plenty of times. It's not something I can force, though.
I'm not even asking y'all to scumread him! I'm saying, hey maybe we should try to figure out why his words seem so inconsistent with each other.

He could just being cautious with trying something new for personal reasons. But I want y'all to consider something. Would town sunfan say "I might be weird because I'm just trying to have fun but I don't care if I die". Or would town sunfan say "I'm just gonna have fun with this game so I don't let mafia affect me as much as I have".

One is preemptive defense, the other is just a statement.

I know I've been there a million times but I need you to be town again for because reasons and I'd really like to go back to being the happy go lucky mason duo who wall post about reads to each other and solve the game by day three. Well, day whatever in a large.

You have thoughts?

I think Lar is town.
Think KillJoy is town.
Ex likely town.
Tristan is a ehhh, hesitant town.
Rubik is being so passive that I kinda wanna think he's town but the juries out on that one.

Johnny and Sunfan are more towards a scum lean.
Maybe add Kirino in there.

I'll get to explanations about these reads in a bit. Just kinda wanted to get some thoughts down without looking back over things.

No you don’t, it wasn’t about time it was about relevancy. I was thinking that Trist’s reasoning that Killjoy doesn’t seem like he’s being coached was flawed. I know if I was on his team I definitely would just tell him to post whatever cause coaching just makes everything worse imo except for specific instances like when someone asks for role info and you have to give a fake claim or whatever.

I don’t really know of anyone who gives crash courses in mafia to new players on their scum team, it seems like most people know to tell them to ask in the thread so they’ll get those natural points. So I didn’t really think Trists points about Killjoy figuring things out on his own were all that great.
So let me see if I understand this, You're claiming that I'm, without a doubt, being coached as to what to say, and basing it off of what you'd do? Let's say I was on/in a team, and were being coached as to what I should say, how I should say it, and when I should say it, I'd be having far different posts, and possibly a higher/lower post count in this game.

funnier6

Courage~
Would town sunfan say "I might be weird because I'm just trying to have fun but I don't care if I die". Or would town sunfan say "I'm just gonna have fun with this game so I don't let mafia affect me as much as I have".
Bruh idk
I'll get to explanations about these reads in a bit. Just kinda wanted to get some thoughts down without looking back over things.
I’ll letchu explain but you know I got lots of questions
So let me see if I understand this, You're claiming that I'm, without a doubt, being coached as to what to say,
Certainly not. If I didn’t have any doubts I’d be voting you, naturally.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think the fact that that's your response should cast a bit of doubt on the statement. I could see it coming from town sunfan, but if you take away who said it and just look at the general statements I think one seems scummier than the other.
I’ll letchu
Rip I didn't get this whole statement quoted.
Anyways I was gonna say you can ask questions because that might be an easier way to get my thoughts/explanations out.

funnier6

Courage~
I think Lar is town.
I’m hoping this isn’t just because Waffle House
Think KillJoy is town.
Reason?
Rubik is being so passive that I kinda wanna think he's town but the juries out on that one.
The only scum game he was remotely this bad was the crossover last summer and even then Im pretty sure he played better than this so yeah.
Johnny and Sunfan are more towards a scum lean.
Maybe add Kirino in there.
Is Kirino just because inactivity?
I think the fact that that's your response should cast a bit of doubt on the statement. I could see it coming from town sunfan, but if you take away who said it and just look at the general statements I think one seems scummier than the other.
Well considering you can see it from town sunfan I don’t see how you can prove it does or doesn’t, it just seems like a headache at this point.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I’m hoping this isn’t just because Waffle House
It's not. I feel I've generally been on the same page as him. He seems like he's actually trying to poke people to get reads on them. And I liked his back and forth with Rubik.

He doesn't seem overly self conscious. Which yes I know he said he's trying not to make mistakes, but I feel him saying that comes from a town mindset. He seems like he's actually trying to solve. Whereas if he were new scum I feel he would probably just be sheeping a bit more.

Is Kirino just because inactivity?

It was because of a certain post that made me go hmmm but I don't remember exactly what it was right now so I'll get back to you on that.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm caught up, massive townie vibes from Laur and Min so far. I think the confliction between Rubik and Sun and Laur all being at odds is pretty interesting, and since I'm town reading Laur I'm thinking he's onto something between Sun and Rubik. Here's the think though, iirc Sun voted Rubik and is apparently tunneling Rube. Out of these two, I find that the more scummy behaviour, so I'll vote there.

Vote: Sunfan

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?

funnier6

Courage~
I'm caught up, massive townie vibes from Laur and Min so far. I think the confliction between Rubik and Sun and Laur all being at odds is pretty interesting, and since I'm town reading Laur I'm thinking he's onto something between Sun and Rubik. Here's the think though, iirc Sun voted Rubik and is apparently tunneling Rube. Out of these two, I find that the more scummy behaviour, so I'll vote there.

Vote: Sunfan
More details?
this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?
Not really sure what you’re asking, though all the potential roles are in the OP. If you mean like Jester you won’t find anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom