• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@funnier: Are you allowed to say which four people you want gone? If so, you should probably name them.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
you will never, ever convince me that funnier doesn't need to kill towns in order to win the game (he will use the term outlast but c'mon)
and that's by his own wording

Funnier doesn't seem to have the ability to kill anyone (other than by lynching). So if he says he needs to kill someone and we think they're town we obviously don't have to help. Otherwise he doesn't know who he has to kill so knowing funnier he's still going to scumhunt. True he could need some town dead, but town is also night killed so mafia could literally help him win with town.

you will never, ever convince me that funnier doesn't need to kill towns in order to win the game (he will use the term outlast but c'mon)
and that's by his own wording

In his defense, he said he has to kill 4 specific people to win. He doesn't know who they are, so they could be Scum or Townie aligned which doesn't necessarily hurt anyone. At night he just checks people to see if they are one of his targets, and in divulging this to us, he made his game that much harder as anyone he attacks is likely one of his hits. All in all, he's harmless to the bulk of the players.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
How about the fact that Godfather is almost always bulletproof? I'm not saying that all of the people he has to outlast are 3rd party because that would be crazy. But they could be mafia. I'm definitely not making a bad play here. I know you're all "the reads on funnier don't matter" but they 100% do. I don't care what you did in Trailer Park because you're a different person than funnier and I trust my read of him. He's not someone to do this as mafia.
They can't be majority scum because that doesn't make sense. That's would town align role?

And I'm not complaining about all the talk on funnier. I'm obviously talking about him a lot to not get him lynched. I'm saying that lynching him can have huge scum motivation behind it because it takes attention away from mafia and it's any easy out for anyone to say "oh he was 3rd party he's bad to anyone" which either alignment can think so it literally gives scum an easy lynch.
Way I read your response to me last night and the repeated attention to "easy lynch for scum" is a thread that you're gonna scum read me if I keep at this wagon. If that's not your intention I apologize for getting angry at something I read into. Yeah, it's an easy lynch for the wolves and I never refuted that. It still needs to be done though, it needs to be done sooner and not later. What if one of the gained powers is ITAs and they start shooting actual towns towards endgame? That would be a horrible outcome for us. Not saying that's possible, am saying I don't know what is. God does not play dice and I try my best not to either.

Yeah, the info we gained is 100% more useful if he was actual scum (increasingly not likely right now with the claim and Sun Fan's response) but try to view through the lens that this is an unknown that is not playing to our wincon, but his own and that may or may not be useful.

It's whatever. My vote stands. I am willing to move on to examine other players and I have stated from the start that if we find a more sure-hit then funnier I would switch. I have yet to see a compelling case aside from Silverfish, who I am giving time to step it up and prove us wrong.

I want to briefly say that, if funnier is real, the very little I know about something role-related
unfortunately
does support his claim
I know at least 1 member of the scum (or a weird serial killer that I think is really unlikely) has a bulletproof modifier
I also know, or, at least, it is heavily implied by the flavor text, that this is scissors ***** from kill la kill
This is some spicy info
Having seen the show, that character has a habit of not dying when killed so that makes sense.
So we can conclude that it's like the targets would be something like

1 3P
1 Scum
2 town/others?

I will admit, that wouldn't be as bad as I first feared if true

They can't be majority scum because that doesn't make sense. That's would town align role?

This is some spicy info
Having seen the show, that character has a habit of not dying when killed so that makes sense.
So we can conclude that it's like the targets would be something like

1 3P
1 Scum
2 town/others?

I will admit, that wouldn't be as bad as I first feared if true

His first target was a 3rd Party, so it's a decent gamble in my book.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Listen. Just once. If you wanna lynch funny tonight, do it. What I've been getting at since the start is that we need to talk about others while we have time left in the day. Let's find out more about others players as we've already beaten funnier like a dead horse. I'm starting to wonder if you're a Lyncher and funnier is your Hidden Lynchee. I don't care what happens to 3rd Party, so set him aside for today's lynch or w/e but at least start talking about someone else.
I'm not talking about funnier, I just mean in general.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
In his defense, he said he has to kill 4 specific people to win. He doesn't know who they are, so they could be Scum or Townie aligned which doesn't necessarily hurt anyone. At night he just checks people to see if they are one of his targets, and in divulging this to us, he made his game that much harder as anyone he attacks is likely one of his hits. All in all, he's harmless to the bulk of the players.

He gains powers the more his targets gets killed.
Not saying there's reason to believe one of them is a killing power
Just that I would be shocked as **** if one wasn't

Like really shocked

LIke, I'm pretty sure he can gain a killing power. Call it the iron-clad guess o' the gut

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Pen doesn't exactly use conventional roles in his game. Maybe since funnier's assumed character seems to be a bad guy, that's why he's self aligned. But it could also be like a type of light cop role in that he finds out if someone is a target and then actually has to get them killed. His first one being 3rd party makes it seem not impossible that he actually has to outlive all mafia/indeps. We can have him target someone we believe is scum and see if he gets a confirmation. Then when they flip that gives us even more reason to trust him. Bottom line is that mafia is way more harmful to us.

Way I read your response to me last night and the repeated attention to "easy lynch for scum" is a thread that you're gonna scum read me if I keep at this wagon. If that's not your intention I apologize for getting angry at something I read into. Yeah, it's an easy lynch for the wolves and I never refuted that. It still needs to be done though, it needs to be done sooner and not later. What if one of the gained powers is ITAs and they start shooting actual towns towards endgame? That would be a horrible outcome for us. Not saying that's possible, am saying I don't know what is. God does not play dice and I try my best not to either.

Yeah, the info we gained is 100% more useful if he was actual scum (increasingly not likely right now with the claim and Sun Fan's response) but try to view through the lens that this is an unknown that is not playing to our wincon, but his own and that may or may not be useful.

I'm not going to automatically scum read you for that, but yes it will look bad to me. But I'd have to take other context into consideration. Basically saying that anyone who pushed funnier would make me more suspicious of them if he flipped 3rd party.

I know it's harder to trust funnier from that stand point, but I can't throw out everything I know about him.

Seeing as how FG has had less to say today and isn't keeping up my town read of her I wouldn't be super opposed to her lynch. I think it gives us a ton of info either way. But like, I want to think she's town. I'd much rather go with All Might, but honestly All Might/Silver/FG are solid wagons for today.

He gains powers the more his targets gets killed.
Not saying there's reason to believe one of them is a killing power
Just that I would be shocked as **** if one wasn't

Like really shocked

LIke, I'm pretty sure he can gain a killing power. Call it the iron-clad guess o' the gut

As he's already spilled his guts, and his only power is to debulletproof someone, that tells me that the majority of people still wanting him killed likely have the bulletproof ability. That aside, he visited Rubik last night and doesn't seem to care about him, so that clears Rubik as one of the other 3.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
funnier6 - 4 (Rubik, The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, MixMasterLar)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (funnier6, Ragnarokio)
All Might - 2 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Silverfish - 2 (All Might, Irvine)
The Sun Fan - 2 (ExLight, Silverfish)

Not voting - DekuNut, Laurentus, LittleGumball

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, September 5th 2019 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20190905T19&p0=179&msg=End+of+Day+2&font=slab&csz=1

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
As he's already spilled his guts, and his only power is to debulletproof someone, that tells me that the majority of people still wanting him killed likely have the bulletproof ability. That aside, he visited Rubik last night and doesn't seem to care about him, so that clears Rubik as one of the other 3.
His only power now

very time one of them dies I'm given a 1x ability

Bro I hear ya, I really do
But this is a very dangerous gambit you propose and I don't share your confidence

====

@Minish

FunnyGurl is hosting another game, but besides that bit of angle shooting I am unimpressed on her case last EoD, and honestly she has a habit of going UTR as wolf. I will agree she is absolutely worth considering for a lynch especially if he entrance later is a few hot takes, a vote with little to no case and her leaving in 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom